LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Nope. Not even close. There's no way Ahmad Brooks is back next year at his salary. Lemonier is going nowhere, and I find it amazing that people have actually written off a 22-year-old player. Much less one who is playing a new position.

Lemonier is history...get used to it.

i am amazed at how many people have written off brooks,,, matter of fact explain to me why so many have written off gire, brooks and vernon davis for three guys whose nfl experience can be fit into a thimble? sad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm not sure how they trade him for anything at this point. He's showed nothing. At least Manny could cover
yep you know its bad when you would rather have manny and D. walker for the lemon man and vance mc.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wish Lemon Man the best... I believe that he would not achieve his potential here because he's more of a 4-3 end than a 3-4 OLB..
Anyone still holding onto hope for Lemonier? I guess I am, at least on passing downs. They kept him around last year even with Lynch and Skuta playing ahead of him. This training camp will be his last shot
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Nope. Not even close. There's no way Ahmad Brooks is back next year at his salary. Lemonier is going nowhere, and I find it amazing that people have actually written off a 22-year-old player. Much less one who is playing a new position.

Lemonier is history...get used to it.

i am amazed at how many people have written off brooks,,, matter of fact explain to me why so many have written off gire, brooks and vernon davis for three guys whose nfl experience can be fit into a thimble? sad

Only way we let Brooks go is via way of trade. The salary cap impact is minimal -- if he stays we pay him 7.0M, if we let him go we still have to pay him 5.5M. Might as well keep him on board as cciowa says.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Is he still on team
He's like 23, he just needs some actual pass rush moves, of which he had none last season. Here's to hoping he can learn.
Disappointing year last year after showing great potential year 1. He needs to gain a lot of bulk/weight this off season and learn a pass rush move besides a speed rush. If he does that he could be a long term backup. He will be a borderline guy this year unless Brooks is cut/traded. If Brooks is around and we draft an OLB in the 5th or higher then he's in trouble. The higher the pick the more trouble he is in especially if Brooks is still around.
He just lacked strength, his rush to the outside was his only move. He got there in time but was pushed to the outside by opposing offensive linemen. If he gets stronger he could be a factor.
I would trade him for anything we can get. Just saw no improvement from year 1 to 2.

Originally posted by niners94:
I would trade him for anything we can get. Just saw no improvement from year 1 to 2.

He also didn't really get on the field because of Lynch, so it would've been tough for him to have shown improvement.

This could work in the Niners' favour. If he gets very little playing time, he might accept a cheap contract extension in the offseason. Every team needs some cheap depth players.

Once he's 24 to 26, his core strength will probably have peaked. If it's strength he's lacking, that's not a terrible problem to have. I'd rather a young player lack strength than speed.
Lemonier sucks. I'll take a bag of doritos for him.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
He looked pretty good in year 1 and sort of plateaued but there's no reason to believe he can't take steps upward with another off season of training. Unless a player is totally overwhelmed with playing football I wouldn't just trade a guy that young.
[ Edited by SaksV on Mar 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SaksV:
He looked pretty good in year 1 and sort of plateaued but there's no reason to believe he can't take steps upward with another off season of training. Unless a player is totally overwhelmed with playing football wouldn't I just trade a guy that young.

Got a lot of snaps early in the year until Lynch started flashing and then it was ST only from there. That said, sometimes these guys need an extra year or two to get to the right size and develop so we'll see.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Lemonier sucks. I'll take a bag of doritos for him.

I'm not sure why people think this. It's kind of like the criticism Tank got. You can't really point to any actual bad play like you could with players like Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Jenkins and so on. He just didn't see he field much last year. But it's not like he was being beat out by scrubs off the practice squad; Aldon, Lynch and Brooks are no joke. Neither is Skuta for that matter.

I still think Lemonier's gonna be a gereat player, and Tank will be a great pass rusher. If they end up getting cut or can't hack it on the field, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 15, 2015 at 5:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone