There are 244 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
The spirit of manny lives on
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I think he has potential but my be a casualty of the numbers game as we start getting players like Dorsey, Bowman and Aldon back. Somewhere we have to make spots for those 3. I can see us going to 2 Qb's but where do the others come from. Lemonier might be one of those cuts.

I doubt he's a cut. Too early. Maybe next offseason if an OLB surpasses him on the depth chart.

One already has!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Typical reactionary crap here. It is a case of Lynch just being more talented ... simple as that. Lemonier will still contribute on ST and be a capable backup. That is some players lot in life. I am way more intrigued and puzzled by the Carradine situation.
Huh? Isn't that what we're supposed to do here? Discuss and react to what we're watching? It's not just that Lynch is more talented, it's that lemon himself isn't that talented at all. I dont watch college ball so I won't pretend to know what he did back then, but whatever it was that they saw to draft him in the 3rd definitely isn't translating to the NFL.

When they drafted him I was excited. His measurables were off the charts. But I think we all can agree measureables aren't everything or else John Baldwin, AJ Jenkins, etc would still be on the team.

He is so disappointing because he has shown absolutely ZERO improvement from last season. Nada, zilch, zip. Thinking he'd be Aldon 2.0 after 1 off season would be a stretch, but I don't think hoping for some type of change is too much to ask.

Last year he was overrated also. He came up with that sack but I remember people breaking that play down and the tackles footwork was so bad he practically fell over on himself. Other than that what has he done? What was it? No pressures in like 70+ snaps? That's crazy.

I wouldn't be completely sure he's safe from being cut either. With Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and Lattimore possibly coming back were going to have to make some tough decisions. Without looking at the finer details it'd usually be crazy to cut a 3rd rounder in only his second season but even a 1st rounder in Jenkins got the boot (yes I know it was a trade).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Typical reactionary crap here. It is a case of Lynch just being more talented ... simple as that. Lemonier will still contribute on ST and be a capable backup. That is some players lot in life. I am way more intrigued and puzzled by the Carradine situation.
Huh? Isn't that what we're supposed to do here? Discuss and react to what we're watching? It's not just that Lynch is more talented, it's that lemon himself isn't that talented at all. I dont watch college ball so I won't pretend to know what he did back then, but whatever it was that they saw to draft him in the 3rd definitely isn't translating to the NFL.

When they drafted him I was excited. His measurables were off the charts. But I think we all can agree measureables aren't everything or else John Baldwin, AJ Jenkins, etc would still be on the team.

He is so disappointing because he has shown absolutely ZERO improvement from last season. Nada, zilch, zip. Thinking he'd be Aldon 2.0 after 1 off season would be a stretch, but I don't think hoping for some type of change is too much to ask.

Last year he was overrated also. He came up with that sack but I remember people breaking that play down and the tackles footwork was so bad he practically fell over on himself. Other than that what has he done? What was it? No pressures in like 70+ snaps? That's crazy.

I wouldn't be completely sure he's safe from being cut either. With Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and Lattimore possibly coming back were going to have to make some tough decisions. Without looking at the finer details it'd usually be crazy to cut a 3rd rounder in only his second season but even a 1st rounder in Jenkins got the boot (yes I know it was a trade).

Maybe he stopped taking Steroids? He supposedly gained some weight this off season, and I'm wondering if it was fat vs muscle. Anyway, I think he'll be OK if he just adds a credible bull rush to his pass rushing moves.
So, does he get traded? I would bet so...probably for a 5 the or 6th rounder
send this dude packing
I know Lemonier has sucked this year, but I don't want the team to give up on him. He is everything you want physically from an OLB, he has the speed rush, just needs to add another move, he can be developed. A 3rd round pick in year 2, it's just too early 2 give up on him, plus, you never know how long Ahmad Brooks is gonna be around & I don't see Skuta staying next year, keep him, develop him.
Lmao who would trade for this scrub?
Originally posted by matt49er:
I know Lemonier has sucked this year, but I don't want the team to give up on him. He is everything you want physically from an OLB, he has the speed rush, just needs to add another move, he can be developed. A 3rd round pick in year 2, it's just too early 2 give up on him, plus, you never know how long Ahmad Brooks is gonna be around & I don't see Skuta staying next year, keep him, develop him.

This. If you're expecting immediate contributions from 3rd round picks, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. They are third round picks for a reason. The talent is there, but it's probably inconsistent, or there is some other major issue. Those issues are not overcome in a season and a half. Give him some time to increase his strength and work on some moves. Eventually his speed can become an asset, instead of just another one of those nice measureables that doesn't translate.

On another note, does he play special teams? It's pretty much a done deal that he will be the 5th OLB in a few weeks.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by matt49er:

This. If you're expecting immediate contributions from 3rd round picks, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. They are third round picks for a reason. The talent is there, but it's probably inconsistent, or there is some other major issue. Those issues are not overcome in a season and a half. Give him some time to increase his strength and work on some moves. Eventually his speed can become an asset, instead of just another one of those nice measureables that doesn't translate.

On another note, does he play special teams? It's pretty much a done deal that he will be the 5th OLB in a few weeks.

Yeah he does play ST's

If they do trade him - a 7th for sure, if Trent works his stuff maybe a 5th?
Rather have him gain 10-15 pounds of bulk before next year and spend the entire offseason working on pass rush moves and give it a go next year than trade him for a 7th, 6th. 5th back on a 3rd would be tempting but anything less rather just give it one more try. I mean if it makes people feel any better think of Lemonier as the 5th rounder and Lynch as the 3rd rounder. Whatever as long as we get that 3rd OLB we wanted. I mean same with Carrier if it makes you feel better think of him as the 2nd round pick and McDonald as the UDFA. Don't care who gets picked where just need production.
Someone has to go and the only one expendable right now is Lemonier. Everyone else has been productive and will play a vital role from here on out

Peace out, Lemonspeedrushonly.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:27 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Someone has to go and the only one expendable right now is Lemonier. Everyone else has been productive and will play a vital role from here on out

Well he and Patton. Possibly V.McDonald too if VD can get healthy over the next week, oh and A.Boone because I feel the drop off between Looney and Boone won't really be noticeable.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

Nope. Not even close. There's no way Ahmad Brooks is back next year at his salary. Lemonier is going nowhere, and I find it amazing that people have actually written off a 22-year-old player. Much less one who is playing a new position.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone