LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
I mean come on now guys. He's gone up against some pretty good LTs thus far. It's only his 2nd year. Don't we brag about Tomsula on the daily? Now suddenly he's incapable of turning Lemons physical gifts. Yet again let's consider he hasn't brought it together the past 2 Weeks against stud tackles. I know it's frustrating to see him hit the edge like a hungry dog every snap but the day is still young for Lemons. Expectations we're greatly exaggerated last year anyway. Thank PFF.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I mean come on now guys. He's gone up against some pretty good LTs thus far. It's only his 2nd year. Don't we brag about Tomsula on the daily? Now suddenly he's incapable of turning Lemons physical gifts. Yet again let's consider he hasn't brought it together the past 2 Weeks against stud tackles. I know it's frustrating to see him hit the edge like a hungry dog every snap but the day is still young for Lemons. Expectations we're greatly exaggerated last year anyway. Thank PFF.
I'm pretty sure Lord Fangio coaches the OLBs but I agree with everything else.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I'm pretty sure Lord Fangio coaches the OLBs but I agree with everything else.

And Fangio says he's still developing and he's a player for the future but Lemons had been rushing from the 3 point stance so I assume he's getting time with Tomsula. Plus I think Tango just covers assignments with LBs and not pass rushing techinique.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 19, 2014 at 9:15 PM ]
He hasnt even tripped into a pressure, idrc who he goes up against. Even coach T can't turn chicken ish to chicken salad (really hate comparing him to doodoo). The gifts dont really mean that much if the player doesn't have the wiring required, not just muscle memory but the fluidity, suddenness of movement not just up field but laterally. The instinct to put all that athletic ability together. Bad ass hungry dogs get the food. on any given snap he's actually one of the first dogs out to get his grub on and literally hasn't even gotten a scrap. Pff made a mistake
Originally posted by Allx9er:
He hasnt even tripped into a pressure, idrc who he goes up against. Even coach T can't turn chicken ish to chicken salad (really hate comparing him to doodoo). The gifts dont really mean that much if the player doesn't have the wiring required, not just muscle memory but the fluidity, suddenness of movement not just up field but laterally. The instinct to put all that athletic ability together. Bad ass hungry dogs get the food. on any given snap he's actually one of the first dogs out to get his grub on and literally hasn't even gotten a scrap. Pff made a mistake

Oh he doesn't look fluid or have quick twitch ability?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Oh he doesn't look fluid or have quick twitch ability?

fluid no, he gets up to top speed just fine
Will get safety again, just like 1st Cards game last year.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This dude was useless rushing the passer. Just a step too slow. f**king Aldon.

Speed isn't his problem. It's lack of power. Once a guy has him blocked, he has no way of getting off.

I agree. You have to have a powerful frame to be a successful 3-4 Rush Linebacker. Makes me appreciate Aldon so much more, as he has the freakish power and speed.
Lemonier hasnt been a presence much these last 2 games, but i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a sack and a strip sack next game.
Think I heard he has no sacks, hurries, or qb pressures in 50 pass rush attempts this year and it grades out pretty much the worse in the league. That was on the radio this morning. Manny Lawson? He wishes. Think Aaron Maybin.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:11 AM ]

• xcfan
  • Veteran
lemon is fast, but he doesn't show good core strength when he plays. power is not beating power. like t-9ers said, he is playing like maybin. it's really surprising that he hasn't developed more man-strength over the last year.
he has been absolute trash this year. there is no excusing it. i understand that he's not going to be aldon and not going to be a probowler but 0 sacks, 0 pressures this year? anyone here on webzone could have put up the same amount of sacks and pressures as he has this year. put anyone else in
its still early but i wouldnt compare leminor to maybin .. We just need to get pressure on the ball i think corey will be ok come sunday
He needs to learn moves. His outside rush won't cut it. Plain & simple. He needs to develop some moves which he hasn't
Lynch will pass him up soon enough if he doesn't improve.
Share 49ersWebzone