LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by AUniner:
Brooks needs to settle his s**t down. 3 penalties in 1 drive was ridiculous.

1st penalty was sketchy, but the other 2 he was being reckless. Probably frustrated from the 1st call. An 8-year vet can't do that.

Am I the only one who clearly saw the penalty on the first call? The first replay they did showed it happen

You're right. He caught him in the face with his left hand. The replay most people saw only showed his right hand on the shoulder. Ahmad just went potato that series.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He was mostly going up against their LT, who is excellent against speed rushers. It was a mismatch. Let's not right him off just yet.

I agree. I think that side of the line - on pass happy teams tend to be strong. Lemon-yay last year put up decent pressure that they kept him. If he was non - productive like LMJ or AJ Jenkins, he would have been let go or traded this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by thl408:
Disappointed in his play in week 1.Was he only going up against Tyron Smith, who is a very good LT? I could understand if that was the case, although zero pressures is bleh.
I guess I was expecting more after a whole season and off-season under his belt. Despite what the numbers said last year it didn't look like he was doing all that much. But I'm not going to pretend to know the finer intricacies of the game. I know you're Damn knowledgeable THL so if he is doing better than it looks please let us know. All I see him doing is the same thing he did last year, come off the snap extremely quick but ends up over shooting because he can't turn the corner or get off the block. I wasn't even looking for it at the time but Lynch' hand work stood out with how violent and active he is with them. I see none of that from lemon. Just a whole lot of trying to out race the tackle.

Like I said though, I could easily be wrong and I hope I am.

If there is one thing he needs to work on, is his bull rush as a change up to his speed rush. I haven't seen him be very effective in his bull rush. Brooks has a decent bull rush as a change up to his speed rushes. Aldon's bull rush is outstanding.
Lemonier has disappointed me. I was a fan, but the guy doesn't show that he has any pass rush moves. He's like a poor man's Ahmad Brooks. Both of them tend to just try and run around the tackle and win with speed. Meanwhile, Aaron Lynch is more similar to Aldon. At least Lynch will try and bull rush through someone or beat them with his speed.
Not only is it a lack of strength, but also a lack of technical use of his hands. He gets tied up waaaay too easy.

Go watch a Aldon highlight video and the one thing that stands out is how damn effective and powerful he is with his hands.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Sep 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Lemonier has disappointed me. I was a fan, but the guy doesn't show that he has any pass rush moves. He's like a poor man's Ahmad Brooks. Both of them tend to just try and run around the tackle and win with speed. Meanwhile, Aaron Lynch is more similar to Aldon. At least Lynch will try and bull rush through someone or beat them with his speed.

I've only see Lynch use the bullrush. He could use another pass rush move as well.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I think you're being harsh. He generates pressure. He is way stronger than most te's. He's 22. I think if he played 3 downs, we would see more good stuff in coverage and run d. I think a lot of this negativity is a rush to judgement. No pun intended.
Every snap it's the same exact pass rushing approach by Lemonier. Sick of Manny Lawson 2.0 already.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Every snap it's the same exact pass rushing approach by Lemonier. Sick of Manny Lawson 2.0 already.

This. Lynch is already better. And did Tank even play? Pass rushing is his strength.
Not sure I heard his name all night. He was better last year.

Originally posted by niners94:
This. Lynch is already better. And did Tank even play? Pass rushing is his strength.

Tank was activated, but didn't see him on the field and I was trying to keep an eye out for him. Very disappointed he suits up but didn't play.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

Yup, last year he didn't get sack numbers, but at least pressured the QB regularly. 2 games into this year he hasn't been able to apply any pressure.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

I specifically kept an eye on Lemonier to see if he would fair better this week and he played a lot of snaps today, but all I saw was the same speed rush approach over and over again.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Sep 14, 2014 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by niners94:

Tank was activated, but didn't see him on the field and I was trying to keep an eye out for him. Very disappointed he suits up but didn't play.

tank hit cutler in the chest.
didn't play nearly enough
time for corey to sit down. time for lynch to get those snaps. our passing rush is horrible
and nobody mention ahmad brooks anymore. please.
Lemon sucks need lynch and tank to get more reps
Share 49ersWebzone