New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Manny Lawson 2.0

so he did a very nice job for us last year as a rookie,, in the first game of the year he did not make an impact and now we compare him to at bottom tier x niner? only in niner talk can we connect those dots

Technically, Manny Lawson was excellent at setting the edge and pursuing ball carriers. He just lacked any form of a pass rush move, which is kind of essential for a 3-4 OLB. I think he gets a bad rap here. He wasn't that bad. Those were the years where we celebrated our 'bend-but-don't-break' defense.
manny lawson was a underachieving piece of garbage in my opinion, other than that he was decent.. those were also the years we celebrated jimmy maxwell as a linebacker
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sounds about right.

Lawson was "OK" and not much more. If Lemonniere is "just OK" he'll be just riding the pine.

Lemoniere has to step up - Lynch is going to pass him by at warp-factor 10.

I hope JH/Fangio don't waste too much time w/the bubble guys. We need to win every game.

Lynch will pass him this year.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
manny lawson was a underachieving piece of garbage in my opinion, other than that he was decent.. those were also the years we celebrated jimmy maxwell as a linebacker

Yeah - and those were his good points!
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sounds about right.

Lawson was "OK" and not much more. If Lemonniere is "just OK" he'll be just riding the pine.

Lemoniere has to step up - Lynch is going to pass him by at warp-factor 10.

I hope JH/Fangio don't waste too much time w/the bubble guys. We need to win every game.

Lynch will pass him this year.

Agree.

I'm also hoping Brooks steps it up this week.
I def see Lynch getting the nod over Lemonier with a bit more experience under him. Very soon. Hell Brooks sure doesn't help with his offsides penalties or facemask calls. He def has the most penalties on the defense of this current group.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I def see Lynch getting the nod over Lemonier with a bit more experience under him. Very soon. Hell Brooks sure doesn't help with his offsides penalties or facemask calls. He def has the most penalties on the defense of this current group.

Brooks needs to settle his s**t down. 3 penalties in 1 drive was ridiculous.
Originally posted by AUniner:

Brooks is a fat piece of s**t.

1st penalty was sketchy, but the other 2 he was being reckless. Probably frustrated from the 1st call. An 8-year vet can't do that.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

wwoow, harsh criticism for one game.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

1st penalty was sketchy, but the other 2 he was being reckless. Probably frustrated from the 1st call. An 8-year vet can't do that.

Am I the only one who clearly saw the penalty on the first call? The first replay they did showed it happen

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

one bad game and you just forget about what he has done for us in three plus years. wow. if you had your way we could not field a jv team cuz you would cut everyone who had one bad game
some of our expectations maybe a little too high for such a young player
He was mostly going up against their LT, who is excellent against speed rushers. It was a mismatch. Let's not right him off just yet.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He was mostly going up against their LT, who is excellent against speed rushers. It was a mismatch. Let's not right him off just yet.

esp due to what he did last year. one bad game and people are ready to cut him and brooks and bring back lawson
Can we just admit there is only one Aldon on our team.
Share 49ersWebzone