LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
I thin Corey Lemonier is already a better pass-rusher than Lawson has ever been.

Manny's absolutely best year (3rd year) he had 19 qb hurries, 10 hits and 7 sacks, all in 850 snaps
Lemonier last year as a rookie- 20 hurries, 3 hits and a sack, all in 300 snaps
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This guy is a own trick pony other than outside speed rush he has no other moves.
Originally posted by susweel:
This guy is a own trick pony other than outside speed rush he has no other moves.

lol
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
I was literally going to post the EXACT same thing.

One of the more obvious flaws I see when he rushes is that he doesn't have strong hands to disengage a tackle from locking him up: there's no display of a violent rip or swat to free himself.

I see the same thing. I think he'll be awesome off the blitz as a free LB but he probably can't play on the LOS and find the same kind of success. Lynch on the other hand is impressive coming off blocks as is Tank.

Lynch >>> lemonade
Originally posted by jimrat:

Excited for this kid
Lynch is so much better. This guy should be shining a spot on the bench.

True.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

True.

Lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

True.

Lol

He must be pretty good to get trolled on. Lol

Nuh uh. Did you see him bull-rush Eric Fisher in the preseason for a sack? He has incredible strength for his size & age.

What pass-rush moves do you see him lacking? A spin move? You know who had one of the best spin moves I've ever seen? Everette Brown.

I think he has the athleticism. But he needs to use his hands a lot better. He kind of gets stuck on guys when he doesn't win with his initial move, and then struggles to disengage.
Lol I dont know where people get that Lynch is so much better than Lemonier when Lynch has been in only 4 preseason games so far. I would be willing to bet Lemonier gets the nod for the season far ahead of Lynch. If not, then Lynch will be a steal.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think lemonier will be fine, he'll be in with the starters and being his second year I think will see that jump in level and ability. He needs reps which is what he is going to get.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think lemonier will be fine, he'll be in with the starters and being his second year I think will see that jump in level and ability. He needs reps which is what he is going to get.

What do you mean will be fine? He is fine. He would be starting on many teams.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Lol I dont know where people get that Lynch is so much better than Lemonier when Lynch has been in only 4 preseason games so far. I would be willing to bet Lemonier gets the nod for the season far ahead of Lynch. If not, then Lynch will be a steal.

It's pretty much guaranteed Lemonade will get the start over Lynch. Even Aldon wasn't a starter at any point his first year.
Share 49ersWebzone