LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Any news on how he is doing in camp?

There's an article on front page of this website about exactly that.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Honestly, Lemonier isn't very good. Situation guy at best. Every year we hear about some guy adding 80 pounds of muscle and retaining his speed, etc, etc. I don't expect much from him this year.

Ridiculous post.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i wanna see this dude in action. Looks like he's packed on some lbs. Hope he's been learning from Mr.Brooks.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Offseason work helps Lemonier looks impressive amid ‘dog’ days of camp
Posted on July 30, 2014 by Cam Inman

Corey Lemonier looks primed for a bigger role on the 49ers defense this season, and not just in games where he might start if Aldon Smith is suspended.

A part time player as a rookie, Lemonier has added 10 pounds of muscle and checked in Wednesday at 253 pounds. His upper body looks chiseled. His legs are in better shape from running.

Thats what a year in an NFL weight room can do for someone as well as a memorable run up Fremonts Mission Peak this offseason.

I did that and I brought my dog, and I ended up carrying my dog halfway done, so that was another workout in its own, Lemonier said Wednesday. That was crazy. Its a good workout and a gorgeous view.

Lemonier estimated his dog a labrador and pit bull mix weighs 50 pounds. Thats 270 pounds less than Dallas Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith, who Smith likely will encounter in the Sept. 7 season opener. (Smith got an eight year, $98 million extension Wednesday.)

More workouts this offseason came at San Jose State with defensive linemen Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Glenn Dorsey. Developing a rapport with them was another plus, seeing how Lemonier might see more playing time this season.

Aldon Smith could be suspended at the start of the season because of this summers convictions on illegal weapons possessions and drunk driving charges. Smith is expected to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell soon to learn of any discipline.

On Wednesday, Smith left camp for a hearing with the Los Angeles City Attorneys office, which July 1 announced it wouldn't file criminal charges for his April arrest on alleged fake bomb threat at Los Angeles International Airport.

Those cases have overshadowed Smiths on field exploits. Lemonier has studied film on the 49ers premier pass rusher, watching how Smith gets off the line and uses his hands. Their body types are somewhat similar: Lemonier is 6 foot 3, Smith is 64 and weighs about 10 pounds more.

Hes been helping me out a lot, Lemonier said of Smith. His explosiveness really jumps out to me. Im pretty explosive myself, but just heading to that next level.

Lemonier had 14 tackles and one sack last season, which caused Carson Palmer to fumble in an Oct. 13 win by the 49ers. A third round pick out of Auburn, Lemonier called it a decent season, and he feels great thanks to his offseason workload.

Just watching myself on film, I'm a big critic of myself so I can see the difference of myself body wise from last year, Lemonier said. I'm comfortable at this weight, so Im good so far.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/07/30/offseason-work-helps-lemonier-looks-impressive-amid-dog-days-of-camp/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
Originally posted by WINiner:
Honestly, Lemonier isn't very good. Situation guy at best. Every year we hear about some guy adding 80 pounds of muscle and retaining his speed, etc, etc. I don't expect much from him this year.

Ridiculous post.

Uup.

I've said this before, but i'm not sure what some people are watching during the games.
Love this guy since watching him fill-in for Aldon. Such a promising player based on last year.
Lemonier would be a pro bowl OLB if he started. Dude's the best OLB in the 2013 draft.

Lemonier > Barkevious Mingo > 'roid monkey Dion Jordan
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Ridiculous post.

Uup.

I've said this before, but i'm not sure what some people are watching during the games.

I like the "ridiculous" post. Usually, I don't have to work out on my abs...I get enough strain on my stomach due to all the funny things I get to read in here
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM ]
Seemed a little bit like a one trick pony last year tho his explosion and speed were both impressive. If he can learn a move or two and improve in coverage I think he could be legit. Certainly. Has all the talent. To do so.
I can't wait to see him next to Tank in preseason. They should be capable of pulling. Some Smith bros style stunts..
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

Not sure what to say on this beyond the fact that of all the rookie pass rushers that played snaps last year, Lemonier was highest ranked by pro football focus for pressure.

Originally posted by LVJay:

Ridiculous post.

Uup.

I like the "ridiculous" post. Usually, I don't have to work out on my abs...I get enough strain on my stomach due to all the funny things I get to read in here

Haha i get annoyed because some gullable people here are looking for info and will believe this crap and assume a poster knows what they are talking about.

Lemonair has great potential and flashed it last year. No, he didn't get 10 sacks but that doesn't mean "he isn't very good."
From the small sample of what we've seen, he looks like he can definitely pass rush and has the strength to set the edge . Now we got to see if he can tackle in open space and cover. He certainly has the physical attributes to make it, I'm very excited about this prospect.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Ridiculous post.

Uup.

Haha i get annoyed because some gullable people here are looking for info and will believe this crap and assume a poster knows what they are talking about.

Lemonair has great potential and flashed it last year. No, he didn't get 10 sacks but that doesn't mean "he isn't very good."

I feel ya, there are just around 735 replies on this thread, yet there are over 41,400 views as of right now... no doubt many will fall for the funny talk
LAY-MOAN-YAY has been taking most snaps at the SAM (Brooks) spot according to one TC report/podcast/etc. I can't remember which report...sorry. That said, I noticed this late last year as well so to me, he's clearly being groomed to be a SAM which is why he's probably packed on an extra 10 pounds esp. in the upper body. At 253, he's still about 12 pounds lighter than Brooks but he's well on his way. The SAM's responsibilities are much different from the WILL in our defense although both can be interchangeable. I'm sure they started Lemonier out at WILL first so he could just focus on rushing the passer where now, he's learning the SAM to help become a complete OLB in our system. He's going to have to be strong enough to push upfield, control the blocker and TE/RB/FB in space, shed them is a run or scramble comes that way and force everything back inside to the pursuit team. He'll have to learn when to rush up field and let the RB go or when to stay with him while keeping his eye on the QB scramble arond the goalline. He'll also need to learn how to drop back in space/zone and know when to pass that receiver off. Brooks also will fake rushing from an interior DT position (Brees pick-6). His job is NOT always to pin his ears back and rush the passer...that's the WILL's job...from the QB's blindside. His main responsibility will be to read the play en route to pushing up field, sealig the egde and diagnosing what to do next (force a RB/QB inside or pass rush?), It's a tough and underappreciated job (like RayMac's spot as well on that strong side) compared to the glorified WILL spot but Lemonier seeme to have a nice tool set to work with and mold and he's learning from THE best 3-4 SAM in the game. I'd expect him to add another 5-10 pounds of strength over the next year or two and play around 260.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
^^
Share 49ersWebzone