LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Both Skuta and Wilhoite filled in beyond what I thought they could.

Skuta has been a BEAST. He would definitely start on another team.
Fangio knows linebackers. Like McKittrick knows offensive linemen. And Tomsula knows defensive lineman. Our front 7 will be strong every year with Fangio and Tomsula.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Fangio knows linebackers. Like McKittrick knows offensive linemen. And Tomsula knows defensive lineman. Our front 7 will be strong every year with Fangio and Tomsula.

I love Tomsula. Probably my favorite assistant coach we have. Our D-Line has always been good with him.
Our coaches and Baalke know how to pick and develop defensive talent, especially LB and DL. We just need help on offense especially WR.
i never thought he was a thug or anything, but i really didnt know how to judge him cause i never heard him talk or really looked at him. he sounds like a pretty intelligent guy. sounds great for a locker room. i loved the pick when we did and i still love him on our team.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Corey-Lemonier-Conversation-Rookie-Reflections-/1d8c6823-36a7-44cd-83ff-3b1c27fb41ba
  • thl408
Wanted to highlight Lemon's first QB sack. I don't have full confidence breaking down trench play so I welcome any thoughts from others, as always. There's so much going on in such a short amount of time, in a congested area, so lots of pics are needed.

Below: Week 6. 2Q 3rd & 7
Bowman will fake a blitz, but the 49ers will come with a standard 4 man rush from their nickel package.

Below: Lemon uses his long arms to initiate contact with the LT. If the LT gets body to body on Lemon, then the LT has an advantage as he can then hold without getting caught.

Below: They engage. Notice the body lean of Brooks on the RT compared to Lemon on the LT. There is no way Brooks can generate power with that significant a lean. Brooks' legs are not under him and that's the only way to generate power, by keeping the legs under the body. Lemon has a nice controlled posture and that will allow him to generate more power in his rush.

Below: Lemon drops his left arm while attacking the LT's outside shoulder. He still has his legs under him and is in full control regarding balance.

Same moment in time, Lemon's left arm comes down.

Below: Lemon "uppercuts" the LT's left arm and executes a rip move while maintaining good balance. His feet are still under his body.

Same moment in time. The LT fails to move laterally to counter Lemon's outside move. Compare the body lean of Lemon to Brooks.

When it comes to OL vs DL matchups, I'm very much into quality of competition, so I looked up #79 Bradley Sowell. Sowell is a bad LT. (article 12/4/2013).
"Pro Football Focus ranks Sowell as the league's worst left tackle and the second-worst tackle overall."

Anyways, still a nice play from Lemon since a good player is supposed to make a bad player look bad. And what better way to get his first career sack than to also score 2 points.
[ Edited by thl408 on Mar 7, 2014 at 9:49 AM ]
Nice thl408. I like the kid...if we ever get in a pinch and we need to move Brooks inside, I'd be fine with Aldon/Lemonier on the field esp. with Skuta backing up.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice thl408. I like the kid...if we ever get in a pinch and we need to move Brooks inside, I'd be fine with Aldon/Lemonier on the field esp. with Skuta backing up.

Agreed. In the end of season interview with Lemonier, the last half of that interview was very interesting as he talked about how dropping back into coverage was foreign to him. Also how at this time last year, it was all about performing well at the combine. This year, he's spending his time here in the offseason, most likely working on bulking up, and with a full offseason working with the 49er strength and conditioning coaches I expect a much more physically able Lemon in 14-15.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed. In the end of season interview with Lemonier, the last half of that interview was very interesting as he talked about how dropping back into coverage was foreign to him. Also how at this time last year, it was all about performing well at the combine. This year, he's spending his time here in the offseason, most likely working on bulking up, and with a full offseason working with the 49er strength and conditioning coaches I expect a much more physically able Lemon in 14-15.

Absolutely. Baalke constantly talks about the jump from year 1 to year 2 and I'd love to see him get some more reps esp. to spell Brooks on that strong side.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Good break down but I don't Brooks was doing anything wrong. I think his move was by design to keep the QB stationary in the pocket or force him try and move forward towards Justin and McDonald. Think it was all about the angles. But that is entirely different story for another day.

Great to see how technically sound Lemonier was at this point of the season.

If Lemon can perfect another pass rush move he could be real good. Gotta love his speed
He did ok this year.. would of liked to see him get a few more sacks during the time Aldon was out. I hope Lemonier has a great offseason.
Brooks didn't do anything wrong. He's supposed to get low in his stance because he has to create enough leverage with his legs to really explode into that RT. Notice the RT get popped back into the pocket. You can't get that kind of push if you're too high in your stance. Brooks is #1 job here was to compress the pocket. Smith is doing the same thing. They're not trying to shed their blocker off the snap as much as they're trying to drive him back into the pocket, and prevent the QB from stepping up and out of the lane of the edge rush by Lemonier.

I bet that if the center was to slide over to the left to create a 3v2 situation with Smith/Lemonier that it would've triggered Bowmans rush. At that point the center is opening the A gap for Bowman and it would have to be RBs responsibility to block. Bowman versus a RB is a very favorable match up. Bowman is so great in this play because he's holding down that A gap, tracing the RB, and from the snap he's forced the center shade to his right and close down that right A gap. It prevented the protection from sliding over to Smith and Lemonier and let them know pre-snap they were going to be one on one with their man.

I feel good about Lemonier though. I think we're really going to see his value down the road.

Lol, I didn't reallize the breakdown was posted 2 weeks ago. I hope you post more defensive snaps thl. I love breaking that stuff down.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 23, 2014 at 10:19 PM ]
PAY THE MAN

oops, wrong thread
  • pfizz
that left tackle had horrible footwork on that sack by lemonier.
Share 49ersWebzone