There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Saw Lemonier, Aldon, Brooks, and TJE on the field at the same time last Monday for a play or two, and they created a lot of pressure on those plays, as a matter of fact, correct me if Im wrong, I think thats where one of Brooks sack came from. Need to see more of that rotation on passing downs but switch TJE with Justin.

TJE is a pleasant surprise. He plays with good leverage, good instincts, and has good power. Reminds me of a poor mans geno atkins.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
TJE is a pleasant surprise. He plays with good leverage, good instincts, and has good power. Reminds me of a poor mans geno atkins.

no idea how they did it but everybody on the defensive front is from good to great.
dobbs and tje at this point you don't even really notice a difference when they're in the game and someone else isn't
its crazy depth and talent and finally producing pressure where our db's have to cover all year and now they won't as much...and possibly make qb's make mistakes?

l
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
no idea how they did it but everybody on the defensive front is from good to great.
dobbs and tje at this point you don't even really notice a difference when they're in the game and someone else isn't
its crazy depth and talent and finally producing pressure where our db's have to cover all year and now they won't as much...and possibly make qb's make mistakes?

l

Its quite obvious.

Tomsula.

Now imagine what they do with a player as strong as Dial and explosive as Tank. It will take time but man we're so lucky to have such a good dline coach.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Its quite obvious.

Tomsula.

Now imagine what they do with a player as strong as Dial and explosive as Tank. It will take time but man we're so lucky to have such a good dline coach.

agree, im not worried about them right now. i do want to see what tank can do.

but we'll have justin, ian, dorsey,tje,dobbs,tank,dial,okoye....
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
over aldon or brooks?? hellz naw

not over.
Aldon smith is a once in a generation player. he gets pressure lined up on the edge or even inside because of his speed and power linemen cannot match up.

you can put aldon and lemon on the same side.. lemon on the edge aldon inside of him.

a bull rush.. they can't stop it
a stunt with aldon and corey as fast as they are you cant stop them.
and with aldon and corey on one side that leaves brooks plenty of room to operate with justin smith.

just my thoughts on it.. he should get chances on clear passing downs to get in and do his thing, like aldon got his chance to. it can only make the defense better.

sounds good to me! I like when they move aldon around.
Last season we needed a DLine rotation badly - Baalke/Jh/Tomasula answered the call.

Now w/the emergence and development of Lemoniere PLUS the peaking of Brroks and our D is set to really dominate even more than it has.
This kid is special
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This kid is special

Maybe I'm just not watching him closely enough, but I just don't see it. Feel like this kid is way overhyped.
He's good but I don't see anything special in him. Special is something that's rare and Lemon doesn't seem to be?
We will not be able to tell until he plays more consistently. But maybe the fact that he is not playing much tells you all you need to know? I still think he could develop into a good to great pass rusher. Give him another year or so under the Great and Powerful Tomsula.
Lol agreed
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
He's good but I don't see anything special in him. Special is something that's rare and Lemon doesn't seem to be?

He was in the upper quartile of every combine event with a blazing 4.6 40. He has great speed and long arms for dropping back in coverage. He has everything in him that you need for a OLB in Fangios system. You can.tell you're watching somebody that isn't is finished product though. Its going to take endless repetition. Once he starts.growing through this system he becomes a part of the system. You can't deny though Lemoniers has had a couple of plays this year that have made me think "damn if you can do that conaistently you'll bw golden". The edge pressures, the inside moves. He also had some smooth drops into zone followed by quick releases to make the tackle. Repetition will bring.it all together.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Maybe I'm just not watching him closely enough, but I just don't see it. Feel like this kid is way overhyped.

he's not even getting enough sacks to technically make a difference and get real pressure, but he still somehow does..

that's special
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
We will not be able to tell until he plays more consistently. But maybe the fact that he is not playing much tells you all you need to know? I still think he could develop into a good to great pass rusher. Give him another year or so under the Great and Powerful Tomsula.

no, aldon smith only played 3rd downs his rookie season as a pass rush specialist and the guy in front of him was who?

all playing time means is vic is stingy with the rotation, which he has been since forever.
he has great physical tools but he still has some learning to do.