There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 49er Corey Lemonier

To me, the big problem for the 49ers in the playoffs...and basically in any game after Justin Smith got injured was their lack of a pass rush. That was always the biggest issue and the 49ers have taken significant steps to address that. The only thing else I'd like the addition of an NT, WR, CB and an OT with the remaining draft picks.


Corey Lemonier is someone that several people on here mocked to the 49ers and he fills the hole at the backup OLB spot.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I know nothing about this guy.... I HATE not knowing anything about guys we pick this early. We do need to upgrade the depth behind Aldon and Ahmad. If this guy can make Haralson expendable in training camp it could help out our cap situation.

Wait, you hate the pick because you're ignorant to his abilities?

Also, the depth behind Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks is thin. They were so desperate that they signed 34 year old Clark Haggans at one point. They had RJF rotating with Aldon Smith when he went down late in the season.


He is saying he hates not knowing anything about Lemonier, not that he hates the pick.
I think this is my favorite pick
never heard of him but I'm glad we took a pass rusher.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I know nothing about this guy.... I HATE not knowing anything about guys we pick this early. We do need to upgrade the depth behind Aldon and Ahmad. If this guy can make Haralson expendable in training camp it could help out our cap situation.

Wait, you hate the pick because you're ignorant to his abilities?

Also, the depth behind Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks is thin. They were so desperate that they signed 34 year old Clark Haggans at one point. They had RJF rotating with Aldon Smith when he went down late in the season.

You misread. He said he hates not knowing about the guy we picked, not that he hates the pick itself.
I like Lemonier... I think he would've been a more talked about prospect if he didn't suffer through an ankle injury through 2012 and Auburn's entire program didn't implode.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
Originally posted by blm7754:
I know nothing about this guy.... I HATE not knowing anything about guys we pick this early. We do need to upgrade the depth behind Aldon and Ahmad. If this guy can make Haralson expendable in training camp it could help out our cap situation.


Haralson took a huge pay cut and will be a free agent next year.

The chances he gets cut are slim and next to none.

The team can, and in my opinon should, carry four outside linebackers.
great pick, we are getting great depth/value at pass rush! GO Niners
Kind of giving up on Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming IMO.. But this is a good thing.. Baalke is willing to admit when he's wrong and fix it
Originally posted by buck:
Haralson took a huge pay cut and will be a free agent next year.

The chances he gets cut are slim and next to none.

The team can, and in my opinon should, carry four outside linebackers.

So do you cut another young prospect in Fleming to hold on to aging Haralson for a year???
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
I live in Alabama and I'm a huge Tiger fan, so believe me when I tell u this guy is a hunter. He will be a terror off the edge and special teams
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I live 20 minutes outside of Auburn....he was by far Auburn's only bright spot and has had a very good career at Auburn including a National Title....

Wow this is EXACTLY what our D has needed. Depth to sub in now, and for the future....

What a Draft we are having!!!!

Baalke is doing an A+ job
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Kind of giving up on Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming IMO.. But this is a good thing.. Baalke is willing to admit when he's wrong and fix it

he didn't admit anything, those dudes got hurt...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Kind of giving up on Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming IMO.. But this is a good thing.. Baalke is willing to admit when he's wrong and fix it

he didn't admit anything, those dudes got hurt...

adding competition to a 7th round pick and an injured player isn't giving up bro
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Russ Lande has been singing his praises for some time. Had him a 1st rounder, and one of his top rated players. Good pick. High risk, HIGH reward

That's promising, I've always felt Lande is a good talent evaluator
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home