There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
where the fk is our passrush?

In rehab
Relax, this guy is the third youngest player in the league playing a position which takes a lot of strength and agility.

He will come around. Everyone knew he would be coming in for third down situations and with a good off season workout regiment he could be an every down player.

Wait until next year and bring this up. He is going to be a star. Book it.
It may be a fools hope but Carradine was a natural pass rusher at FSU. From start to finish he was working his way to the QB. Maybe he can make some magic happen. At the very least against the weaker OLs so we're not struggling in games we shouldn't.
Originally posted by rammer:
Relax, this guy is the third youngest player in the league playing a position which takes a lot of strength and agility.

He will come around. Everyone knew he would be coming in for third down situations and with a good off season workout regiment he could be an every down player.

Wait until next year and bring this up. He is going to be a star. Book it.

Oh it's in the bank, sir.

I'm just as excited about his potential as you are.

He's the type of guy that excells in this system.
Solid start for the kid, but he's no Aldon. Its not just about sacks, its about pressures. That's something we really are missing.
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Solid start for the kid, but he's no Aldon. Its not just about sacks, its about pressures. That's something we really are missing.

It didnt hurt that Justin Smith was drawing double coverage allowing Aldon to pass rush.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
corey's gotta learn some moves. he'll stifle his ability if he doesn't get crafty with his upper body.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

It didnt hurt that Justin Smith was drawing double coverage allowing Aldon to pass rush.

So Justin isn't doing that now?

So Justin isn't doing that now?

Exactly. I'm so sick of this Justin Smith made Aldon Smith talk. If it was Justin Smith who was drawing all this double coverage helping Aldon Smith, why aren't the guys out there now putting up huge sack numbers? Why aren't Manny Lawson or Parys Haralson still with the team? The man has more sacks in his first two seasons than anyone in the history of the NFL. More than Lawrence Taylor. More than Reggie White. More than Derrick Thomas, and so on. We were watching the start of a very special career.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, the youngsters are doing a nice job of filling in, but I hope Aldon isn't gone for the whole season.
LOL, first time I saw his name, I said Lemon-ear? With my American accent, lol. I kinda hope Lemon-ear stays for a while though!!!! He's good!
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:55 AM ]

You don't think Justin is doing that now? If was ALL Justin, then why is the pass rush only half of what it is now? Lemonier can be good but he's no where near Aldon good, case closed. And I'm kind of sick of it that you guys still want to give Justin all the credit even after Aldon goes into rehab and our pass rush has noticeably dropped off since then. Lol just stop it.
Justin is a beast...he deserves a lot of credit. When Justin was out from that tricep injury...Aldon didn't seem to have his game as much. They are called the Smith Bros for a reason. They work well together. I am glad we didn't keep Ricky Jean though! Though, he seems to be doing well last time I checked.
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Justin is a beast...he deserves a lot of credit. When Justin was out from that tricep injury...Aldon didn't seem to have his game as much. They are called the Smith Bros for a reason. They work well together. I am glad we didn't keep Ricky Jean though! Though, he seems to be doing well last time I checked.

Aldon didn't seem to have his game because he was playing with a torn labrum which required surgery after the season.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
where the fk is our passrush?

Scheme...mostly. The game after Aldon got sent to rehab, Fangio made the right move by moving Brooks over to the WILL (Aldon's spot) and rushing him there about 50% of the time. As a result, he had 1.5 sacks in that time and some TFL, pressures, hits, etc. Now? He moves the Skuta/Lemonier combo over there, moves Brooks back to the SAM and has him in coverage a lot the past two games (played great there) but you get the picture...scheme. Maybe Fangio didn't think Skuta/Lemonier were stout enough on the strong side (SAM) against constant double-teams and tried to free them up more over at the WILL (single OT) and next to Justin (occupies 2 often); so far 2 sacks in the past 2 games and neither are by an OLB.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home