There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 49er Corey Lemonier

I was happy to see him get so many snaps after seemingly getting bumped down in the depth chart during Coaches remarks during the week.

....but maybe this works out similar to Aldon Smith's rookie season when Haralson was in on first and second downs early in the game, then AS came in on third downs only - until later in the game when the other team had to pass all the time. Looks like now it's Skuta early, then the Lemon MAN.

Thought he did very well (of course, it was the Lambs... ).
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM ]
Yah-Mon-Yay!
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Yah-Mon-Yay!

My son and I were shouting this every time he made a play, or should I say, a Lem-MON-plaaayyyyy!
His last name is continually pronounced "Leh-mon-yay" -- but during the draft on ESPN, I heard McShay say it's pronounced "Leh-mon-wah".

*Shrug* guess it's no big deal. But it always irritated the crap out of me when people pronounced Kwame Harris' name as "Kwayme" instead of "Kwah-mee".

At least one of these players ISN'T garbage.
His potential seems off the charts.
played well
Why do we have to have a catastrophe to get guys on the bench out on the field? Baldwin was definitely not going to get time with patton in there...and patton got precious little time. Lemonyay sure looks to have talent, and looks a lot bigger than I thot. Definitely strong, and I didn't see anybody push him around. Also apparently has a good nose for the ball. If he didn't make a tackle, he was right there. You gotta like that. Yet, without aldon's trials and travails, we probably would never have seen Lemonier....and that is a big mistake, one that Coach H has been guilty of since getting here. With time, Lemonier looks like he could start, but certainly be in the rotation. I wish Coach would have as much faith in playing his draftees, as he did in picking them....you never know what kind of really good talent is on the bench....until they play. Same applies to Tramain Brock , who very likely will start over Nnamdi...because Brock looked really good in pass protection and also tackles. Nnamdi, well....he probably is going to be a backup...bringing up the obvious question...what the heck happened to him?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Why do we have to have a catastrophe to get guys on the bench out on the field? Baldwin was definitely not going to get time with patton in there...and patton got precious little time. Lemonyay sure looks to have talent, and looks a lot bigger than I thot. Definitely strong, and I didn't see anybody push him around. Also apparently has a good nose for the ball. If he didn't make a tackle, he was right there. You gotta like that. Yet, without aldon's trials and travails, we probably would never have seen Lemonier....and that is a big mistake, one that Coach H has been guilty of since getting here. With time, Lemonier looks like he could start, but certainly be in the rotation. I wish Coach would have as much faith in playing his draftees, as he did in picking them....you never know what kind of really good talent is on the bench....until they play. Same applies to Tramain Brock , who very likely will start over Nnamdi...because Brock looked really good in pass protection and also tackles. Nnamdi, well....he probably is going to be a backup...bringing up the obvious question...what the heck happened to him?

because jim and them apparently subscribe to the larry brown school of coaching rookies.
Isn't that the truth.
aldon who?
Love me some lemon!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
His last name is continually pronounced "Leh-mon-yay" -- but during the draft on ESPN, I heard McShay say it's pronounced "Leh-mon-wah".

*Shrug* guess it's no big deal. But it always irritated the crap out of me when people pronounced Kwame Harris' name as "Kwayme" instead of "Kwah-mee".

At least one of these players ISN'T garbage.

McShay I believe said that's how Corey told him it's pronounced yet told other people its yay. Coach Harbaugh isn't big with artsy fartsy French names. He calls him Lemon ear like it sounds. Good luck getting Harbaugh to use the proper dialect. He's a ball coach. Until the kid can make up his mind and tell us what he wants it to be it's up to the person saying it. Lemon-wah, Lemon-yay or Lemon-ear

Just to get back on him as a player though if he keeps this up in a few years he will give us good leverage on getting Brooks to restructure and take a pay cut or give us a little bit of a backup plan in case Aldon leaves. Aldon I think has a team option for 2015, then we could tag him 2 years but the tag price for a DE is like 11 mil. If we do that could have him through 2017 so 4 years yet. Would allow us to move on after that if we don't feel he could handle a 70+ million dollar contract. First things first though let's get Aldon refocused and get his life back on track. Let's keep developing Lemonier so at the least he can give relief to Brooks and Aldon later on in the season when they need some breathers. We are in a heck of a lot better shape OLB depth wise with Lemonier and Skuta than we were last year with Clark Haggans and that's even after trading away Haralson and Johnson.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
He said is it was pronounced "Lemonwa" in some sort of Louisiana, French, Cajun accent.
[ Edited by MiamiNiner on Sep 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
sh!t bout to get more sour for QBs....