There are 227 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Yeah, Quanterus was a good pick too IMO. Great value. But I've never been as excited about a 3rd-round rookie as I am about Lemonier. I think the rest of the NFL completely blew it (twice) passing on this guy. I think he'll be better than Barkevious Mingo. And that's not homer talk; I was saying that all offseason.

Not Gore?

BOWMAN?

I think he means, "A rookie coming into his first season." In other words, "I have never been so excited about a third round draft pick just before their rookie season is about to begin."
Originally posted by Scoots:
Bowman didn't show much until the end of his rookie year ... I think he meant a 3rd round pick before the season starts.

So many people were "meh" about Lemonier and I had to keep saying it was a great pick. He got a lot of pressures even though he didn't get great sack numbers. He reminded me of Charles Haley in that Haley would get the QB to move and someone else got the sack a lot of the time. Lemonier is so quick around the edge that he's going to drive the QB toward his teammates. If only we had another player who was a pass rush threat to get the sack!

Funny you say that, because if you think about it, what if a pass rusher came unblocked every play? People would immediately move away from his side when the ball is snapped, and then get tackled by another player.
In other words, it's all about PRESSURE. Sacks come and go based on many variables.
96 is my boy right now...I'm expecting big things for this dude. He has a different look to him when he plays...a bit faster, a bit stronger, a bit more fierce. He plays with that "mojo" or "it" factor everyone seems to look for.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
96 is my boy right now...I'm expecting big things for this dude. He has a different look to him when he plays...a bit faster, a bit stronger, a bit more fierce. He plays with that "mojo" or "it" factor everyone seems to look for.

And he's nearly as dominant as Aldon Smith was during his rookie preseason.
who is better Lemon or Dion Jordan? Never trade up for an injured player.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I think Lemonier will be better in the long term. The first thing I noticed about him is his obscenely fast first step; but I think he showed against the Chiefs that he has the core strength to go along with that quickness. He has long arms, and he has room to get even stronger (he's still one of the youngest players in the league).

I always thought Jordan and Mingo were a little lanky (like Manny Lawson).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

I think Lemonier will be better in the long term. The first thing I noticed about him is his obscenely fast first step; but I think he showed against the Chiefs that he has the core strength to go along with that quickness. He has long arms, and he has room to get even stronger (he's still one of the youngest players in the league).

Totally agree Lawson is a great comparison.

Mingo ans Jordan have greater quick twitch coordination than Lemonier. Jordans agility with his size are going to put him in a class above Lemonier. I actually Jordan will suffer his first couple of years. He needs to go through a couple of bulks.
Jordan is more similar to Jason Taylor then Manny Lawson IMO. But we will see.
Originally posted by natrone06:

You're right about that. I do like Jordan better than Mingo, but I think both of 'em are a little lanky & I'd take Lemonier over both of 'em.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM ]

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Can't wait to see more of this kid this week. I think he will get playing time during the season for sure.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we desperately need ILB depth

why do you think we signed holland over takeo spikes?
I love lemons
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we desperately need ILB depth

why do you think we signed holland over takeo spikes?

Spikes wouldn't pass the new HGH testing.
Lets not go nuts on Lemonier ... I've been all over him since before the draft, but he's not Aldon ... he has good power and is a natural at turning the corner once he gets a half step on the OT, but he's more quick than fast and he has a lot of work to do on technique and leverage. All that said he does have the potential to be a future pro-bowl player, particularly with Aldon on the other side.
Share 49ersWebzone