LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Yeah, Quanterus was a good pick too IMO. Great value. But I've never been as excited about a 3rd-round rookie as I am about Lemonier. I think the rest of the NFL completely blew it (twice) passing on this guy. I think he'll be better than Barkevious Mingo. And that's not homer talk; I was saying that all offseason.

lemonier is a gift because he's almost can't-miss. he has talent and passionate play--a great recipe.
Yeah, Quanterus was a good pick too IMO. Great value. But I've never been as excited about a 3rd-round rookie as I am about Lemonier. I think the rest of the NFL completely blew it (twice) passing on this guy. I think he'll be better than Barkevious Mingo. And that's not homer talk; I was saying that all offseason.

Not Gore?
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Not Gore?

To be fair, gore has mangled knees. No one EVER thought he would be this good in the NFL. He was more a pleasant surprise.
Doub post
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:24 AM ]

Not Gore?

BOWMAN?
Bowman didn't show much until the end of his rookie year ... I think he meant a 3rd round pick before the season starts.

So many people were "meh" about Lemonier and I had to keep saying it was a great pick. He got a lot of pressures even though he didn't get great sack numbers. He reminded me of Charles Haley in that Haley would get the QB to move and someone else got the sack a lot of the time. Lemonier is so quick around the edge that he's going to drive the QB toward his teammates. If only we had another player who was a pass rush threat to get the sack!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
Bowman didn't show much until the end of his rookie year ... I think he meant a 3rd round pick before the season starts.

So many people were "meh" about Lemonier and I had to keep saying it was a great pick. He got a lot of pressures even though he didn't get great sack numbers. He reminded me of Charles Haley in that Haley would get the QB to move and someone else got the sack a lot of the time. Lemonier is so quick around the edge that he's going to drive the QB toward his teammates. If only we had another player who was a pass rush threat to get the sack!
remember the wrist slashing that went on when we let go of spikes,, if i recall, that stuff went away after the first half of the first game bowman played
Good call cciowa!

I remember how people were in a "sky is falling" mode when we let Spikes hit the road. Then the Bowman Bandwagon rode into town.

Back to the post - this kid Lemonier can be real special with the type of coaching we have.
Having a fresh rotation of OLB's along with more depth on the D line is gonna pay dividends this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call cciowa!

I remember how people were in a "sky is falling" mode when we let Spikes hit the road. Then the Bowman Bandwagon rode into town.

Back to the post - this kid Lemonier can be real special with the type of coaching we have.

i have always said bowman is the henchman for willis so it is only right that lemonier is the henchman for aldon or brooks or whoever! sure the kid has only played two games but he has given more than f**king stupid huggins/higgins, whoever the f**k he was

Originally posted by 5280High:
Having a fresh rotation of OLB's along with more depth on the D line is gonna pay dividends this year.

This!!!!
Originally posted by braap49er:

Not Gore?

BOWMAN?

I liked the Gore pick, but I didn't think he'd be as good as he is. Same with Bowman (actually I was mad because I wanted Jimmy Graham, who went 4 picks later; but I am more than happy that Bowman exceeded expectations).

Lemonier is the first 49ers' 3rd-round pick I've actually expected to eventually be a pro bowl caliber player since I've been following the draft. .
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM ]
we desperately need ILB depth
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we desperately need ILB depth

Wilhoite has been playing pretty well. Takeo Spikes is out there, but he'd ensure the Niners miss the playoffs; so I doubt any good team takes on that curse.
Originally posted by Scoots:

Originally posted by eonblue:
Yea Lemonier played the exact same talent as Mingo. Mingo had a much better line to work with. Sam Montogomery and Anthony Johnson(hes going to be a first round pick). I watched the Texas AM game and Lemonier didn't do bad in fact he was able to generate pressure but if the rest of the team isn't collapsing the pocket it just doesn't work right. Auburn was a train wreck too. Nothing on that team worked right. I think Auburns seasons was a debacle so probably illogically I give Lemonier a pass on his lack of stats. The tools are there. He can produce because his 2011 was great.

He was asked to play a DE at Auburn every snap. He has the strength to do it but he has problems holding the gaps when he rushes. He's not meant to be playing with his hand in the dirt every down. Auburn put him in a position to fail. Watch the AM game. Hes essentially isolated on Joeckel. Hes the only one generating pressure but this played into Joke and they started to run at him because they knew he could mantain both gaps. They can't expect him to generate pressure and cover both of his gaps. It was just to much to ask against an elite tackle and he lost confidence. I think were going to see him jamming TEs, covering TE, playing underneath zone, dragging coverage, and rushing. Hes good at everything but not great at anything which I think will make him a perfect fit for Ahmads side. I feel best about him out of all our picks. I think we got a strait steal in the Bowman mold.

This was from a thread in the draft forum. Im not bragging but Im glad people are catching on. His measurables, leg strength, and stability are a rare combination. I knew he just needed good position coaches and a mentor. An interesting thing I noticed. From game one to game two Lemoniers assignments greatly expanded. In game one he was holding the edge, rushing the edge, and dropping back covering the zone about 5-7 yards back from his gap. In game two he started rushing inside of his block. He created a couple of pressures. He started playing 3-4 yards off the TE in man cover. This type of coverage I have never seen Brooks do. He will drop back but Ive never seen him cover like CB does. Lemonier covers stride for stride. Lastly he's rushing the edge gap and after pulling his man out he's pushing back inside which as I understand it is a way of rushing while also covering the B and C gaps.

Idk Im gonna spare you guya my homerism but Im excited to say the least.
Share 49ersWebzone