LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this guy looks like the real f**king deal

Lemonier looks good and he is going to have time to develop.

Ahmad Brooks---Aldon Smith--Parys Haralson--Corey Lemonier

Looking strong at OLB.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NCommand:
You mean when he didn't contain the edge (inside move) and the RB ran outside for the big gain?

As to your point, I've wanted to sprinkle in some Caper-like formations for a while now. The thing is with Brooks, you can rush him from a MIKE or TED position or line him up on the DL (drop back: like when he got his big pick-6 against Brees). Aldon can play both WILL/SAM and up on the DL. Haralson can as well and I "think" he has some experience at the MIKE/TED. So to me, Fangio needs to do a better job of utilizing all 4 LBers in blitz packages (like the cross-dog blitzes we saw against Denver). They have the experience in our system and at various positions. There is no reason you can't move Willis/Bowman out wide as well from time to time (esp. Bowman b/c he has good pass rush skills). All these "looks" can help to force the QB to hesitate and keep an OL off balance. No excuses this year for Fangio..."Scheme is the Theme in 2013!"

Yes. Right. That play.

Why were we so boring last year? I think PFF did a study and determined SF was the least blitzing team in the league, or second least.

Plus we never change our look, except when we put in the suicidal dime and nickel packages. The worst invention ever for modern day defenses.

I could look it up...was in the first half. Here is the link if you beat me to it...http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174093-whomeams-football-videos-youtube-enjoyment-personal-reflection-thread/

I genuinely believe VIc isn't that aggressive and a big part was that our S's can't cover so the MLB's were forced into underneath coverage a ton (plus we faced a lot of passing teams). I think Vic doesn't "scheme" to attack weaknesses along the OL but rather, waits to see what the offense does and adjusts accordingly in-game (hence some of the slow starts); he'd rather play it safe with more DB's than risk a MLB blitz that doesn't get there and exposes the secondary. This is why he plays more straight up...less adjustments needed in-game by players. Just my opinion.
Its beginning to look like we won't have to blitz much to put the heat on the QB this year.

And yes, Lemonier sure does look like the real deal doesn't he?
Originally posted by thl408:
About Aldon having most of the sack numbers, I see Vic moving Aldon to both sides of the line. He's gone against the RT a few times, stunts. I think the scheme of the Dline on passing plays is to engage the Oline in a way that Aldon is single teamed. My point is, he gets most of the sacks numbers by design. Because he is so good, you scheme to get him the best odds at getting to the QB. Just my observation, though.

I agree with what you said about trying to be a bit more aggressive. I'd like to see Willis and/or Bow on more blitzes up the gut. They can track down any QB. Zone blitzes, overloaded blitzes can all give the offense more to think about.

Yes its by design. but even a successful design can become predictable, lose effectiveness. We have other good players who can also bring down the Q. Play off Aldon -- pretend we're setting up an Aldon bull rush -- then have him fall to coverage, and sneak in Brown from the corner. Or something.

Also, attrition plays a role here. The more you send 275 pound smith to hunt the Q, the more he is going up against 325 pound tackles.

If you do this 300 times a year, guess who will lose? Something to consider. And, as we know, it happened.

Tackling a TE in the open field is way less wear and tear.
Originally posted by buck:
I found this entirely hilarious. I could see Burger King develop an add campaign based on creative sandwiches--we think outside the bun.

Seriously, I am not knocking you. I really found the typo inherently funny.

I can't take credit for someone else's ad campaign. It's from taco Bell.

I do like Taco Bell. I order the chicken burrito with just rice and chicken nothing else a little hot sauce. It's almost healthy.

And I think i was thinking about Seifert developing the Elephant concept. Which he did, for the most part. Still no excuse.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I found this entirely hilarious. I could see Burger King develop an add campaign based on creative sandwiches--we think outside the bun.

Seriously, I am not knocking you. I really found the typo inherently funny.

I can't take credit for someone else's ad campaign. It's from taco Bell.

I do like Taco Bell. I order the chicken burrito with just rice and chicken nothing else a little hot sauce. It's almost healthy.

This outside the bun is actually from a Taco Bell ad campaign?

I had no idea. I have not been in the States for a long time.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Its beginning to look like we won't have to blitz much to put the heat on the QB this year.

And yes, Lemonier sure does look like the real deal doesn't he?

I agree and that's a good thing. The best way to handle these elite QB's we'll be facing, is to be able to get after them with 4 down lineman and drop everyone else into coverage.

An avalanche of blitzing might work against some lesser QB's in the league but the Brady's, Rodgers and Brees's will carve a D up if they have to blitz to get pressure.

We have the players to get pressure with 4, which allows Fangio to get more creative with the coverages on the back end, add to that our stout run D and that's why we have been one of the best defenses in the NFL the last coupe years.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
I could look it up...was in the first half. Here is the link if you beat me to it...http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174093-whomeams-football-videos-youtube-enjoyment-personal-reflection-thread/

I genuinely believe VIc isn't that aggressive and a big part was that our S's can't cover so the MLB's were forced into underneath coverage a ton (plus we faced a lot of passing teams). I think Vic doesn't "scheme" to attack weaknesses along the OL but rather, waits to see what the offense does and adjusts accordingly in-game (hence some of the slow starts); he'd rather play it safe with more DB's than risk a MLB blitz that doesn't get there and exposes the secondary. This is why he plays more straight up...less adjustments needed in-game by players. Just my opinion.

Good point about the lack of coverage ability in the safties hampering the creativity, and frequency, of blitzes.

Yes its by design. but even a successful design can become predictable, lose effectiveness. We have other good players who can also bring down the Q. Play off Aldon -- pretend we're setting up an Aldon bull rush -- then have him fall to coverage, and sneak in Brown from the corner. Or something.

Also, attrition plays a role here. The more you send 275 pound smith to hunt the Q, the more he is going up against 325 pound tackles.

If you do this 300 times a year, guess who will lose? Something to consider. And, as we know, it happened.

Tackling a TE in the open field is way less wear and tear.
No arguments there. One thing they can try is, with Olines sliding protection over to the Smith Bros side, overload a blitz on the other side of the line.

If Lemonier and Ian Williams can be two extra bodies that are able to pressure the QB, it can allow Vic to do things he was not able to do last season.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/13/4618684/vic-fangio-corey-lemonier-aldon-smith-49ers
This dude is gonna be a beast for us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4rPeF3VWM

What time it is.

1st half plays, may have missed some.

~40:30 -- 96 pushes TE into ball carrier, TE is #85 V. Green 6'5 255 3rd Year;
~41:10 -- 96 drops in coverage, pass goes away from him;
~41:40 -- 96 blows past tackle 70 V Painter 6'6 309, hurries screen pass, incomplete;
~45:45 -- 96 pushes TE into backfield, play goes underneath him 10 yd gain;
~46:20 -- Denver tries it again, 96 pushes TE into backfield, this time 1 yd gain;
~46:50 -- 96 holds weak side, run goes the other way, 2 yd gain;
~47:34 -- 96 runs over T #70 V Painter, gets held no flag, chases QB, misses tackle 15 yards back, incomplete pass;
~53:20 -- 96 rushes in, freezes, wide receiver screen behind him, 10 yard gain;
~53:45 -- 96 into coverage, pass goes the other way;
~54:48 -- 96 outside rush, presses pocket, pass incomplete;
~55:25 -- 96 outside rush, delay underneath hand off to right, 5 yard gain (hold on Dorsey, declined);

By the end of 1st half, Denver was already adjusting their plays for him, looking to catch him in traps and delays.

A tight end won't block him.

Not a bad debut.

Originally posted by jimrat:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/13/4618684/vic-fangio-corey-lemonier-aldon-smith-49ers
This dude is gonna be a beast for us

Just when I think the WZ has gone insane, I read posts on that site about trading Aldon Smith. The WZ is a sanctuary of reason compared to most everywhere else.
Cory Lem is a Great pick at the 3rd round. Dude's gonna be a good one as a pass rusher. Loved the pick then love it now too.
This guy looks like a beast off the edge. Reminds me of Demarcus Ware
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This guy looks like a beast off the edge. Reminds me of Demarcus Ware

a tad bit early for that comparison but he did look pretty good
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
a tad bit early for that comparison but he did look pretty good

good call he reminds me more of lawrence taylor
Share 49ersWebzone