LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Imagine third and long against the Cardinals...

4 man front with Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks on the ends and Justin Smith and Tank Carradine in the middle. Maybe replace Brooks with Carradine and have Dorsey in the middle. Lemonier, Willis, and Bowman behind them.

Close up of Carson Palmer's face shows that he is crying. He might as well just let the clock run down and get a penalty and hope Harbaugh takes the loss of a down instead of backing them up more.

How horrible must it have been playing for the Raiders if Palmer preferred going to the NFC West and getting his ass kicked six times a year?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Imagine third and long against the Cardinals...

4 man front with Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks on the ends and Justin Smith and Tank Carradine in the middle. Maybe replace Brooks with Carradine and have Dorsey in the middle. Lemonier, Willis, and Bowman behind them.

Close up of Carson Palmer's face shows that he is crying. He might as well just let the clock run down and get a penalty and hope Harbaugh takes the loss of a down instead of backing them up more.

How horrible must it have been playing for the Raiders if Palmer preferred going to the NFC West and getting his ass kicked six times a year?

I mean, if you look at the numbers, the Raiders actually were top 5 I believe in "least number of sacks allowed."
He just looks like another Ahmad Brooks to me. I don't really see him overpowering guys with a bull rush like Aldon Smith and I don't really see any inside moves from Lemonier.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
He just looks like another Ahmad Brooks to me. I don't really see him overpowering guys with a bull rush like Aldon Smith and I don't really see any inside moves from Lemonier.

We'll if he is another Ahmad Brooks, that would be great. He'd be a very solid starter, and be a cheaper option than Brooks.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

We'll if he is another Ahmad Brooks, that would be great. He'd be a very solid starter, and be a cheaper option than Brooks.

Seriously you said that like having another Books would be bad. if he were as good as Brooks your talking a All-Pro secomd team player there. he is there to give aldon and brooks a rest. Now if your telling me we can put him in as a sub and we will have no drop from brooks I am ecstatic.

With that being said I think he will be better rusher of the QB than brooks but not quite as good in coverage but thats fine if I am right he can give breathers to the starters in times when he is supposed to go get the QB (ala A. Smith his rookie year)
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:

Seriously you said that like having another Books would be bad. if he were as good as Brooks your talking a All-Pro secomd team player there. he is there to give aldon and brooks a rest. Now if your telling me we can put him in as a sub and we will have no drop from brooks I am ecstatic.

With that being said I think he will be better rusher of the QB than brooks but not quite as good in coverage but thats fine if I am right he can give breathers to the starters in times when he is supposed to go get the QB (ala A. Smith his rookie year)

LOL no. I didn't mean it like that. Never said Brooks was bad. Brooks is a very good player and I'm a big fan of brooks. Strictly talking about pass rush here. . As a pass rusher, he's only been average. Some people were hyping this Lemonier up and thinking he can come in and have an impact like Aldon Smith and rack up a lot of sacks. I was simply saying that I think his pass rushing is more on par with Brooks. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Posted elsewhere, but wanted to add to the CL conversation:

Combine numbers and production comparison between Mingo, Jordan (top-10 picks) and Lemonier:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Combine numbers and production comparison between Mingo, Jordan (top-10 picks) and Lemonier:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior).

Yeah, he looks like a first round talent
LOL no. I didn't mean it like that. Never said Brooks was bad. Brooks is a very good player and I'm a big fan of brooks. Strictly talking about pass rush here. . As a pass rusher, he's only been average. Some people were hyping this Lemonier up and thinking he can come in and have an impact like Aldon Smith and rack up a lot of sacks. I was simply saying that I think his pass rushing is more on par with Brooks. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Just speaking for myself, but I think Brooks has good/great pass rushing prowess, and is overall a really good OLB. If Lemonier turns out to be Brooks 2.0 (with less $) then great!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I mean, if you look at the numbers, the Raiders actually were top 5 I believe in "least number of sacks allowed."

Right, and yet he preferred to go to the Cardinals. It must be horrible right now playing for the Raiders. Because he has to know that he'll be playing the Niners, Seahawks and Rams six times a year and he's going to get pummeled.

he is going to feast this year.

Just speaking for myself, but I think Brooks has good/great pass rushing prowess, and is overall a really good OLB. If Lemonier turns out to be Brooks 2.0 (with less $) then great!

Agreed, Brooks is, hands-down, the most complete OLB we have...by far. He knocks down passes (Aldon has a 20-foot wing span and does he?), he seems to come up clutch, has above-average pass rush skills, can provide underneath coverage, consistent, reliable, durable, can line up literally, anywhere (was playing DT originally and dropped back to pick off Brees for the pick-6), etc. but what he excels at is diagnosing plays quickly, sealing the edge and playing off blocks and either making TFL solo or funneling RB's into his teammates. He's a playmaker but unfortunately for him, he plays the SAM position, not the glorified WILL position. He's probably the best 3-4 SAM in the game, if not the second best "right now."

So if Lemonier can come in, learn from Brooks, seal the edge on running plays en route to the QB, that would be ideal. Brooks needs a break and we needed depth behind him badly!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Right, and yet he preferred to go to the Cardinals. It must be horrible right now playing for the Raiders. Because he has to know that he'll be playing the Niners, Seahawks and Rams six times a year and he's going to get pummeled.

He would still be with the Raiders if he took a paycut.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I can now confirm that this guy is the real deal. I get the same feeling about him that I did about Goldson and Bowman. so go ahead and celebrate.
Eh rams and cardinals are the same to me

I think Brooks has a lot more pass rush potential which he hasn't quite shown yet. He's explosive and strong. I just think he needs to develop some more pass rush moves. I feel like he still has a lot of room to grow even though he's been in the league since 2006. He's still learning the ins and outs of the OLB position and how to be a better pass rusher. Just up to this point he has been average. I'm rooting for him to keep progressing though and think he definitely has the potential to do so.
Share 49ersWebzone