There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New 49er Corey Lemonier

I'm really excited about this pick. From the get-go I thought that the 49ers lack of pass rush is what killed them defensively after JS went down and they made some huge steps in the right direction by adding two 1st round talents to the defense. Carradine would have been a Top 15 pick were it not for his injury and Lemonier, with better players around him, and also better consistency, would have been a 1st rounder as well. The talent is definitely there, the explosiveness, I can't wait to see how they utilize both players.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Lemonyay

McShay and the ESPN talking heads say it's...

Lemon-whaa

FWIW.

And the n is darn near silent apparently.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
McShay and the ESPN talking heads say it's...

Lemon-whaa

FWIW.

I don't think Corey even knows how it's officially pronounced. There's a video of his teammates and coaches discussing his name, and at the end he says it's Lemon-whaa, but after he was drafted, during the conference call with the beat writers, he was saying it was Lemon-yay.
i cant put my finger on it, but i have a real good feeling about this pick. this may be our best pick of the draft..
Originally posted by denali22:
i cant put my finger on it, but i have a real good feeling about this pick. this may be our best pick of the draft..

Same, I am really excited about this pick, his first step looks incredible, he looks to having amazing quickness from the snap. In third and long he could probably sub in for Brooks.

NB - this is nothing against Brooks, he is an incredible all round OLB, I just think Lemonier could be a better push rusher
lemony-er

lemon-year

I've had a ball with this cat's name for the last few days.
Originally posted by kunged:

Same, I am really excited about this pick, his first step looks incredible, he looks to having amazing quickness from the snap. In third and long he could probably sub in for Brooks.

NB - this is nothing against Brooks, he is an incredible all round OLB, I just think Lemonier could be a better push rusher

Good point.

let me help...

his college coaches sucked ass....he will be a better NFL player then college.

Rate ASmith under Nolan....you can't...

same applies here

So stoked about this pick

WAR EAGLE!
Bowman-esque OLB.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
lemon-ay
Originally posted by cortana49:
Lemonhead looks really good in the highlight vids. Hope to see him playing a lot in preseason!

You know, with the talent of this team, those preseason games could be pretty interesting. I think I second and third stringers will blow most other teams out of the water .
I just call him Lemonhead
LAY-MON-YEAR
Lemon-IRE
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by kunged:

Good point.

This, exactly. It finally gives Brooks a break and affords him the opportunity to play more balls-out and more reckless b/c let's be honest, he literally, had NOBODY behind him the last two years and even played a bit nicked up at times b/c of this.