There are 210 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is such crap about ST's.

What monumental contributions has Dobbs & TJE made on ST that makes them so indispensable?

This horse-poop.

And JH has his hand in this too - after all he is the HC.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This is such crap about ST's.

What monumental contributions has Dobbs & TJE made on ST that makes them so indispensable?

This horse-poop.

And JH has his hand in this too - after all he is the HC.

Madness is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. They can already see that nobody outside of Justin Smith has been a pass rushing presence, its not like giving more snaps to Dial and letting Carradine play period is going to do any worse.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just bs by the coaches. Why draft Tank if they don't feel he is a 3-4 End, makes no frigging sense Harbs/Fangio. Play him, screw STs, let other players play STs, and let Tank rush the QB on 3rd downs. Stupid stubbornness by the staff IMO. So sick of it.

There is no sense in TB putting together what some analysts have heralded as epic drafts if we don't develop and play the youngsters. I'm hoping we improve in this area and we might stand to save a buck or two in the future

I'm with you bud, sick of it. Play the young guys, I don't buy that he can't contribute because of some stupid playbook crap or the teams feels he isn't strong enough. He dominated in pre-season, is Baalke, Harbs and Fangio blind or just stupid?
I'm with you bud, sick of it. Play the young guys, I don't buy that he can't contribute because of some stupid playbook crap or the teams feels he isn't strong enough. He dominated in pre-season, is Baalke, Harbs and Fangio blind or just stupid?

An almost absurd deference to veterans unless they have no other viable options. That's why Lloyd is playing over 40 snaps, Ellington is getting crumbs and Patton isn't play at all. Meanwhile Seattle chucks their young players out there and lets them sink or swim.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

An almost absurd deference to veterans unless they have no other viable options. That's why Lloyd is playing over 40 snaps, Ellington is getting crumbs and Patton isn't play at all. Meanwhile Seattle chucks their young players out there and lets them sink or swim.

Yep Phoenix. I bet if Hunter was healthy, and James didn't get cut we would play them over Hyde.

Lloyd getting so many snaps is ridiculous. Patton is a better player right now IMO. Guy is out of NFL for 1 yr, and gets $1.1M to never get open, and when he does, he alligator arms it like old times. Sick of that too.
Unless we go on a miracle run, I'm pretty sure this Harbs last year. I don't doubt the early reports that theirs a riff between him an Baalke. It seems to me that Harbs doesn't always want to play the guys Baalke drafts, and that's a problem.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Unless we go on a miracle run, I'm pretty sure this Harbs last year. I don't doubt the early reports that theirs a riff between him an Baalke. It seems to me that Harbs doesn't always want to play the guys Baalke drafts, and that's a problem.

What are some examples of Harbaugh not playing guys Baalke drafts? LMJ? Jenkins?
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
The inside post draft report stated that both Harbaugh and Fangio did not like Tank for their 3-4 D.. they saw him as an athletic DE who should be playing under 4-3. there were rumors that he was like our old Andre Carter, a very good DE, but not built to for our scheme...

Fangio believe that Tank's skills are not for pounding, that he can not take up the blockers and be a good run supporter under 3-4 .. that he's too small to line up as DT in the 3-4..

Could all this be true?? Could this be the reason why he can not get his playing time??

Tank himself said he weighs 295, hes more then big enough to play de in a 3-4. hes not going to get playing time in the 3-4 over j smith, he should be getting reps in the nickel in pass rushing situations with lemonier failing over and over.
[ Edited by FaTaL on Sep 25, 2014 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yep Phoenix. I bet if Hunter was healthy, and James didn't get cut we would play them over Hyde.

Lloyd getting so many snaps is ridiculous. Patton is a better player right now IMO. Guy is out of NFL for 1 yr, and gets $1.1M to never get open, and when he does, he alligator arms it like old times. Sick of that too.

I could imagine Harbaugh & Fangio having a field day in free agency with their affinity for using vets at the cost of rookies.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Are they playing guitars together

Time to Cut Bait with Lloyd and Let Patton Play. And Time to Bench Dobbs and let Tank sink or SWIM. Enough babying of these "Can't Miss Grade A" Baalke picks. Never thought I would say this but maybe 49ers would be better off without Harbaugh and Roman.
How much knowledge of the play book do you need to rush the passer? Put Tank in and let him go after the QB, simple enough.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
How much knowledge of the play book do you need to rush the passer? Put Tank in and let him go after the QB, simple enough.

Stunts, zone blitz or other schemes. But I agree with you. Desperate times call for this, and just live with a mistake if it happens.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Time to Cut Bait with Lloyd and Let Patton Play. And Time to Bench Dobbs and let Tank sink or SWIM. Enough babying of these "Can't Miss Grade A" Baalke picks. Never thought I would say this but maybe 49ers would be better off without Harbaugh and Roman.

Perhaps you're finally seeing Baalke isn't the issue. He's given this coaching staff more than their fair share of talent. There are many defenses in the league who don't even have what we have currently, WITHOUT Aldon Smith and NaVorro Bowman. There are still enough guys out there for this to be a top 5 defense if we actually played the guys we have. What has become clear in these 3 + years of the Harbaugh era is that they aren't exactly the best at always finding what players are good at and putting them in a position to excel. It befuddles me.
And that is called "Lack of curiosity" on the part of our Coaching staff...all 3, HC, OC, and DC.
Share 49ersWebzone