LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:
Dont understand why hes not playing. I liked what I saw from him in preseason although not very consistent but I thought that is what more playing time could fix.

Coaches dont trust him enough yet?

Starting to feel a little like the aj jenkins situation.

we've seen him play and have success in the preseason, jenkins never had any sort of success.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by susweel:
so the smith trade gave us Tank and Vance McDonald ?

And Lemonier I think

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

And Lemonier I think

Didn't Hyde come from one of those trades too?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

No.

The two 2nd round picks we received were moved around in a total of five deals and resulted in:

DL Tank Carradine (second round, 2013)
LB Corey Lemonier (third round, 2013)
LB Chris Borland (third round, 2014)
RB Carlos Hyde (second round, 2014)
WR Stevie Johnson (acquired for 2015 fourth-rounder)

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/12/the-2014-nfl-draft-sealed-with-a-kiss/6/
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
That Special Team excuse is a LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

Whichever coach of our said that must be related to the Commissioner!! lol...

How the heck can a DL who has lesser talent get to dressed just because he can contribute in special team??

WTF is that??? is that DL leading our team, or the league in tackles??? are we giving up too much points, or scoring too much points that the same DL is needed to tackle a returner??
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
That Special Team excuse is a LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

Whichever coach of our said that must be related to the Commissioner!! lol...

How the heck can a DL who has lesser talent get to dressed just because he can contribute in special team??

what is that??? is that DL leading our team, or the league in tackles??? are we giving up too much points, or scoring too much points that the same DL is needed to tackle a returner??
The 49ers ARE RUINING Tank's Career!!! He's a GOSH DANG 4-3 Pass rushing DE!!! He's not a Justin Smith Type Bull Rusher eat up Blockers and stuff run Game. For Gods Sake Play Tank at DE Just Like Aldon and Let Him Flourish as a Pass Down Pass Rusher and Let Cowboy and Willis/Ray Mac worry about the Run!!

Its not that complicated!! Fangio is getting Cute and its Costing the 49ers.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The inside post draft report stated that both Harbaugh and Fangio did not like Tank for their 3-4 D.. they saw him as an athletic DE who should be playing under 4-3. there were rumors that he was like our old Andre Carter, a very good DE, but not built to for our scheme...

Fangio believe that Tank's skills are not for pounding, that he can not take up the blockers and be a good run supporter under 3-4 .. that he's too small to line up as DT in the 3-4..

Could all this be true?? Could this be the reason why he can not get his playing time??
Originally posted by 9moon:
The inside post draft report stated that both Harbaugh and Fangio did not like Tank for their 3-4 D.. they saw him as an athletic DE who should be playing under 4-3. there were rumors that he was like our old Andre Carter, a very good DE, but not built to for our scheme...

Fangio believe that Tank's skills are not for pounding, that he can not take up the blockers and be a good run supporter under 3-4 .. that he's too small to line up as DT in the 3-4..

Could all this be true?? Could this be the reason why he can not get his playing time??

Then Why The F Did they Draft HIM???? They need to use him at his strongest point which is as a Pass Rushing DE at Aldons spot til Aldon comes back.
Tomsula wouldn't have been as pumped as he was if tank can't fit somewhere

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Tomsula wouldn't have been as pumped as he was if tank can't fit somewhere

This. The guy is also up to 285 pounds, making him certainly big enough to play DE on this defense.
Just bs by the coaches. Why draft Tank if they don't feel he is a 3-4 End, makes no frigging sense Harbs/Fangio. Play him, screw STs, let other players play STs, and let Tank rush the QB on 3rd downs. Stupid stubbornness by the staff IMO. So sick of it.
I already had this guy taking snaps from Justin. Man was I wrong.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Just bs by the coaches. Why draft Tank if they don't feel he is a 3-4 End, makes no frigging sense Harbs/Fangio. Play him, screw STs, let other players play STs, and let Tank rush the QB on 3rd downs. Stupid stubbornness by the staff IMO. So sick of it.

There is no sense in TB putting together what some analysts have heralded as epic drafts if we don't develop and play the youngsters. I'm hoping we improve in this area and we might stand to save a buck or two in the future
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This. There's nothing I've seen coming from Dobbs that makes sitting him some major loss. He's a decent back of the bench player, a below average veteran, not a guy who brings anything special to the table.
Share 49ersWebzone