LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
just a load of excuses and crap. that's all it is. now that people are finally questioning why they don't use the depth they have to actually answer for it. we got away with it for so long because the starters are so good. now that the starters are out and you're not playing the studs people are finally seeing how just absolutely silly NOT playing the guy who is a better pass rusher than the people in front of him when pass rushing is the major problem with the defense truly is.
So, you are saying that Justin Smith is worse than Tank?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
How much of the playbook did Aldon know in his rookie year? Because it looked like they just told him "sack the QB", and thats all he did. He didnt even really line up anywhere, he just moved around behind the DL and found a lane.

Tank is either really dumb, or its a cover up for something else.

I'm positive there's something going on with his knee.

Tank's first procedure didn't address the complete problem... so, his recovery time is prolonged.
Originally posted by justthewest:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
For the people wondering here's an Interesting Read.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/25/6735215/sidelined-why-tank-carradine-isnt.html

....seriously. He's in his second year now; aside from rehab what was he doing?

Enough to make you

Some other kid that worked his ass off on school did not get to go to college because this idiot was on a full ride....

I mean "some things I just don't get"...,WTH is that???

You're a fricken defensive lineman for cripes sake, you're not a QB....

Who's doing the homework on these guys during the draft....???

Ridiculous...,
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by justthewest:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
For the people wondering here's an Interesting Read.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/25/6735215/sidelined-why-tank-carradine-isnt.html

....seriously. He's in his second year now; aside from rehab what was he doing?

how hard is a playbook for DL. lol

How much of the playbook did Aldon know in his rookie year? Because it looked like they just told him "sack the QB", and thats all he did. He didnt even really line up anywhere, he just moved around behind the DL and found a lane.

Could be he just really sucks. Idk
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
How sadddddddddddddd it would really be if that "learning the playbook" is the reason why Tank can not get in the game??

I just don't believe that, I personally think that he's still hurting w/ that knee of his.. I don't believe in the fact that the team would rather sit him down and learn his "vocabulary" on the bench instead of allowing him to play and learn it..

or, did he go to The Vince Young University of Wonderlick Test???

This. What are you all seeing that makes you so confident in him as a pass rusher. I like tank the prospect alot too but he hasn't shown anything at this point. Now all of a sudden Fangio has lost all his credibility too? If he was good enough he'd be playing.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Sep 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
So, you are saying that Justin Smith is worse than Tank?

No but Tank could end up healthier than Justin if we don't give others with talent some snaps. No need to overwork Justin like we did in 2012. Now we've given him rest but how much with we continue to do so if his sub's don't perform?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
This. What are you all seeing that makes you so confident in him as a pass rusher. I like tank the prospect alot too but he hasn't shown anything at this point. Now all of a sudden Fangio has lost all his credibility too? If he was good enough he'd be playing.

How good he uses his hands to disengage from a guard or tackle. His display of pass rush moves is what really stood out at FSU.

I'm not buying he's still injured. He had more reps than anyone on the DL in preseason. I doubt that would've happened if he was still injured.
Originally posted by Hopper:

How good he uses his hands to disengage from a guard or tackle. His display of pass rush moves is what really stood out at FSU.

I'm not buying he's still injured. He had more reps than anyone on the DL in preseason. I doubt that would've happened if he was still injured.

This. I'm going for the Fangio is full of it theory. We've often seen guys come in, off the bench, on this team that contributed, but were buried on the depth chart. They never had an opportunity until someone got hurt. Tramaine Brock comes to mind. LaMichael James in 2012 when he stepped in for Kendall Hunter. For those that believe Tank is not fully getting his assignments, do you seriously believe that? As I stated before, how bad is he blowing things in practice?

Catch 22, no? How can you show anything if you don't play? I know that I saw enough in the pre-season to want to see more. Yes, he wasn't going against the first team most of the time, but you can only play against who is put across from you. The real question is ... can the pass rush be worse with him? Kind of hard to be worse than it is most of the time now.

Originally posted by Geeked:

I'm positive there's something going on with his knee.

Tank's first procedure didn't address the complete problem... so, his recovery time is prolonged.

so they overlooked his knee problem in the preseason in order to give him more defensive snaps than any other defensive player on the team ?
The first procedure did address the complete problem...the 2nd procedure was cleaning out scar tissue .
Tank did have somewhat of a learning disability I thought ...
Dont understand why hes not playing. I liked what I saw from him in preseason although not very consistent but I thought that is what more playing time could fix.

Coaches dont trust him enough yet?

Starting to feel a little like the aj jenkins situation.
[ Edited by Whosgotitbetter on Sep 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM ]
We need a pass rush badly. Put the guy in & see what he can do since no one else can get pressure besides Justin Smith

to be fair the guys that are playing aren't doing s**t, so how could it be any worse to throw him in and see what happens lol
Share 49ersWebzone