LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I never heard about Tank Carradine.. I don't watch him played. oh well.. Do u think, Tank is very good play for pro football?
This draft is making me horny
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
and you're still just as little as before.

Ahem? Warning?

for?
OTC, i went back and watched draftbreakdown.com film again to see what you said about him starting slow off the snap

its happening on 1st and 2nd down...when he's keying the run and looking if that is a possibility. on 3rd downs he's consistently easily the quickest first step

this reflects a smart player
I assume he gains 10-15 lbs and plays DE. This reminds me of the Ray McDonald pick a while back.
TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK ….. Welcomr home Big Boy … time to show 'em what you got!!!
Originally posted by iLL49er:
OTC you crazy........watched all the draftbreakdown.com film on carradine....the guy is LEGIT

he gives 110% effort every play, sure he doesn't have a rare first step but he consistently beats his man and he plays the run extremely well also.

this guy was the best DE in the draft by far

I'm not worried about people disagreeing with me. I know many love the guy. I have seen those videos as well, and do not see enough to impress me and make me think he is a 1st or 2nd rounder. I graded A.J. Jenkins as a late 3rd-4th. I feel like Carradine is another Jenkins-type of pick. They take him hoping really long term he can reach the lofty end-goal they think he can reach with coaching. I just think it's a larger gap than others think, for him to get there.

Again, I'm not saying he lacks talent, I just see a lot more issues than others do. I don't mean to sound like I'm puffing myself up or anything, I just trust myself based on my own track record and feel pretty confident in my evaluation.

I think someone else said it, I believe he could eventually be close to a Ray McDonald type of player if he pans out to what I think his actual value is. He could be solid, but I don't believe he is an elite talent.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM ]
he's DEFINITELY playing DE, this isn't an OLB. this is a DE 100%
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Horribly inconsistent in my opinion. All the negatives I saw:

- Often times the last person off the snap of the ball
- Got a LOT of help on plays he made, with a lot of stats compiled through the assistance of scheme. Not as much through individual effort.
- Struggled to disengage offensive linemen and relied too much on running around them
- Lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relying too much on athleticism instead of technique
- Coming off a season-ending injury
- Extremely raw and no experience dropping into coverage if they plan on moving him to OLB
- Good straight line speed, but mediocre change of direction.
- Often pushed back by running backs, far too often gaining extra yardage after contact

They selected him in the 2nd based ENTIRELY on potential and the hope they can convert an athlete into a football player. I pray they can do so, because if not, he will be a complete bust.

I have the polar opposite opinion on everything you said, except for the knee injury.

Potential … if that's what it is … serve us up a hugh MF'N SLICE… DEEP DARK AND DELICIOUS
Im a big FSU guy....Tank was straight BEAST this year after Brandon Jenkins got hurt (whom I also hope we can get, so Tank can be our DE, and Jenkins our OLB).

I dont care what OTC says (although I do respect his input), I have to disagree...Tank was a Man among boys this year...some say one year wonder...he was a JUCO transfer.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm not worried about people disagreeing with me. I know many love the guy. I have seen those videos as well, and do not see enough to impress me and make me think he is a 1st or 2nd rounder. I graded A.J. Jenkins as a late 3rd-4th. I feel like Carradine is another Jenkins-type of pick. They take him hoping really long term he can reach the lofty end-goal they think he can reach with coaching. I just think it's a larger gap than others think, for him to get there.

Again, I'm not saying he lacks talent, I just see a lot more issues than others do. I don't mean to sound like I'm puffing myself up or anything, I just trust myself based on my own track record and feel pretty confident in my evaluation.

I think someone else said it, I believe he could eventually be close to a Ray McDonald type of player if he pans out to what I think his actual value is. He could be solid, but I don't believe he is an elite talent.

anyone would've told you aj jenkins isn't a 1st rd talent, he didn't look it on film i was shocked by that pick as well but this is different. tank immediately jumps out on film. i think you will eat crow here..and i'm sure you'll gladly eat crow if that is the case
EFF yeah!!!!
Going to wear 95 according to 49ers.com roster.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by kray28:
So we got Tank anyway at #40 for a third rounder next year and an extra seventh rounder this year.

Baalke gets some props...he's drafting like a boss.

He did the same for Looney last year. Knew who he wanted, still moved back, and got his guy. Baalke is slick.

Baalke is the boss. Continuously making us better
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Going to wear 95 according to 49ers.com roster.

Share 49ersWebzone