There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Originally posted by DeUh:
7. Tank Carradine

@taylorprice49Tank Carradine lined up as the right defensive tackle with the first defense.

@mattbarrows Tank made of iron @mattbarrows Carradine was the starting right defensive end in place of Justin Smith (shoulder).

@mattbarrows I'm not sure if it's possible to pancake guard Mike Iupati. But Tank Carradine came awfully close during one-on-one pass-rush drills when he forced the big left guard backward several steps. Everyone who is asked about Carradine invariably talks about his strength, and that's been evident in this drill.

@grantcohn Mike Iupati and Adam Snyder had trouble just getting their hands on Carradine during one on one blocking drills. They'd reach out to punch his chest and he would slap their hands away and run right past them

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179059-2014-practice-recap-thread/page2/#post30

Man, wouldn't it be nice to watch him chuck Wilson out of bounds like a worn out rag doll?
Wow..

He is gonna be scary this year!
Originally posted by Niners816:
Tank really does have the opportunity to be a total game changer for this defense. If he can provide instant pass rush and allow us to roll DLs in waves, there is no telling how good this defense can be. He is exactly what this defense line needed.

Looks like we are getting much deeper on the D-line, while the Hawks are getting much thinner...
Just 2 seasons ago our DLine was thin and the rotation was pathetic. When Justin went down w/an injury the whole line's performance fell.

Now, it is deep w/QUALITY! Kudos to Baalke.

Reports on Dial are very encouraging and TJE is picking up where he left off last season.

We have Dorsey, Ian and I cant wait for the Tank to start rolling over the opposition.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by DeUh:
7. Tank Carradine

@taylorprice49Tank Carradine lined up as the right defensive tackle with the first defense.

@mattbarrows Tank made of iron @mattbarrows Carradine was the starting right defensive end in place of Justin Smith (shoulder).

@mattbarrows I'm not sure if it's possible to pancake guard Mike Iupati. But Tank Carradine came awfully close during one-on-one pass-rush drills when he forced the big left guard backward several steps. Everyone who is asked about Carradine invariably talks about his strength, and that's been evident in this drill.

@grantcohn Mike Iupati and Adam Snyder had trouble just getting their hands on Carradine during one on one blocking drills. They'd reach out to punch his chest and he would slap their hands away and run right past them

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179059-2014-practice-recap-thread/page2/#post30

Man, wouldn't it be nice to watch him chuck Wilson out of bounds like a worn out rag doll?

Who is chuck wilson?

Wow! This is BAD news for any offensive coordinator not named Greg Roman. With a healthy Justin Smith and Carradine tearing apart teams on the interior our front seven will destroy all in its path.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Wow! This is BAD news for any offensive coordinator not named Greg Roman. With a healthy Justin Smith and Carradine tearing apart teams on the interior our front seven will destroy all in its path.

That was one of the things that really stood about Tank at FSU. His hands are so quick and strong he can disengage&redirect so easily.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM ]
For this guy to be doing this to veterans and Pro-Bowlers, wow. I can't wait to see him play in the preseason. Even if he only lines up against 2nd and 3rd stringers, if Tank destroys those guys, we know bare minimum, he will be a good rotational lineman. If things continue to go as they have, we will see much better than that .

Reports on Tank, Dial, and others in Camp are very encouraging. Hope there is a good rotation all season so everybody stays fresh through the game and through the Season.
Originally posted by Hopper:
That was one of the things that really stood about Tank at FSU. His hands are so quick and strong he can disengage&redirect so easily.

I've stated a couple of times I follow FSU pretty close and tank always jumped off the screen to me. Before he ripped his knee in the florida game, I was convinced he was a top half of the first round guy. While at FSU,he played in a 4 man line. It's seems like he had added the needed weight for a 3-4 end without sacrificing quickness.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Reports on Tank, Dial, and others in Camp are very encouraging. Hope there is a good rotation all season so everybody stays fresh through the game and through the Season.

Exactly Cowboy and Raymac need more rest
What's all this talk about tank replacing RayMac? Dude is gonna replace cowboy. Smith ain't got that much time left.
Originally posted by mod:
What's all this talk about tank replacing RayMac? Dude is gonna replace cowboy. Smith ain't got that much time left.

Tank is gonna replace all of them. 1 man defensive line. 4 linebackers, 6 DBs. Super Bowl.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
telling you, Tank Carradine will be the best player from last years draft.
Originally posted by mod:

I don't understand it either. Maybe they forgot what our issues were in 2012 with the D-line.