There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Boy he looks like a tank
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
There hasn't been a precedent of teams taking players in the first two rounds then redshirting them as a staple until what we have seen here with Baalke. If it works other teams will catch on and emulate this

In a sense they've created their own farm system for football. Kind of like a minor-league for their own team.

It is the same as trading that pick for a pick the following year, except that the hurt player should be of higher quality than what a traded pick would have garnered. Plus, the PUP shields the player from getting poached if the roster is already choke full of talent. If Carradine and Lattimore both hit big, you can bet that this will be emulated by other teams. What successful thing in the NFL is ever not copied or stolen?

You are correct to say that almost anything that is sucessful in the NFL has a tendency of being copied however I think that this might be an exception to that rule. Even if it is successful it is not likely to be emulated for one simple reason. Most teams in the NFL are not in the situation the Niners are in. What allows them to do this is three fold:

1) They are already in championship competition mode and talent level year in and year out the last couple of years and have shown a sustained sucess to get there.
2) They have incredible depth allowing for them to only need a couple of immediate impact players in the last couple of drafts in order to keep the depth behind quality starters.
3) They have resisted the temptation to feel like they have a limited window and have continued to preach that they plan to stay relavent and make moves to be so for the long term.

These three factors make it so they can draft players that wont even play that year without being destroyed by the media, fanbase, and owner because while they are redshirting player they are still competeing for championships. I am not sure there is even 1 other team who meets those three things maybe seatle (but they dont have the sustained success yet), New England (they have the sustained success but i dont hink the have the depth), or Denver (but I think they have bought to much into the idea of a championship window that they probably wouldnt consider this). Thus almost all other teams in the NFL are looking for immediate impact players (and imediate depth) and several of them in each draft in order to try to reach championship level competition. Their fan base, media, and owners would littlerally be furious with them for not trying to get immediate impact players in the draft. As long as the Niners can keep dooing what they have been doing this is not a problem for them because they have litterally been just a play or 2 a way from going to or winning the SB the last 3 years!

So what I am saying is that for any other team in the NFL this would be hard to copy but if it works the Niners should be one of if not the only team in the NFL who can consistently apply this tactic without getting panned by critics.
[ Edited by ninerfan1984 on Jun 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM ]
  • DeUh
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Interview.

Cant wait to see this dude crush Russel Wilson.

Yes !
-Second-year lineman Tank Carradine had his first opportunity of camp to show his pass-rushing skills in one-on-one drills. At one point, Carradine beat rookie guard Fouimalo Fonoti on a swim move from the left side of the line. Carradine was bullish throughout the drill and later collapsed the pocket in team periods. Carradine looked like a force as an interior rusher.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
I love it
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
-Second-year lineman Tank Carradine had his first opportunity of camp to show his pass-rushing skills in one-on-one drills. At one point, Carradine beat rookie guard Fouimalo Fonoti on a swim move from the left side of the line. Carradine was bullish throughout the drill and later collapsed the pocket in team periods. Carradine looked like a force as an interior rusher.

Yes! Sounds real promising. The better the pass rush, the safer our DB's will be.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
good start for tank, he needs to push for a starting spot
Oh yeah baby. Tank and dial. With Dorsey, Ray Mac, and justin... Fresh d-line all day...Jesus please let no body else get injured, amen.
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/26/6584971/big-bang-okoye-delivers-biggest.html

He has that fire!! Tank vs Snyder
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
The reports coming out of camp are looking really positive for Tank, and for Dial. I had high hopes that Tank would be a beast, he's obviously immensely strong, long arms and great motor. I think he will get a lot of snaps this season spelling Cowboy and RayMac.
Originally posted by Buchy:
The reports coming out of camp are looking really positive for Tank, and for Dial. I had high hopes that Tank would be a beast, he's obviously immensely strong, long arms and great motor. I think he will get a lot of snaps this season spelling Cowboy and RayMac.

Very excited about Tank, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up taking Ray Mac's starting spot
Originally posted by jimrat:

So ready to watch this guy beast it up on the field!
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Very excited about Tank, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up taking Ray Mac's starting spot

Nope. RayMac is too strong than him. Let me see tank play in preseason and regular season. .