LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Yeah, I can't wait to see what they're gonna do with Lemonier and Carradine this year, as well as Ian Williams now that he's healthy. I definitely agree with the article about McDonald. He was a beast in 2011, but he's been just a bit above average since then, and hasn't been a real impact player. Not a bad player by any means, but certainly the weakest link in the front 7. If Carradine pans out and Williams/Dorsey do what they were doing, this defense is going to be an absolute monster. Even with Bowman hurt, this could be the best D the Niners have ever assembled.
Originally posted by Disp:
Yeah, I can't wait to see what they're gonna do with Lemonier and Carradine this year, as well as Ian Williams now that he's healthy. I definitely agree with the article about McDonald. He was a beast in 2011, but he's been just a bit above average since then, and hasn't been a real impact player. Not a bad player by any means, but certainly the weakest link in the front 7. If Carradine pans out and Williams/Dorsey do what they were doing, this defense is going to be an absolute monster. Even with Bowman hurt, this could be the best D the Niners have ever assembled.

It's true plus every year it seems like McDonald is battling injuries a lot so having some real help there (and an added push) could be epic for us.
I think they'll work Tank in slowly at first - till he gets his feet wet and then POW!

I hope Vic uses the rotation more and more.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If you look at his game tape, Tank just jumps out at you. He just looks like this big monstrosity who is moving so quick and fluid, it's obvious this guy has all the physical tools to be a great player. I said last year when we took him, when all is said and done I think we got the best player and definite best bargain pick in the draft
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
If Carradine and Lattimore realize their potential, it could make last years draft one of the best in 49er history. I still think Lemonier will be a solid NFL player too. Nice to be in the 49ers position. So talented already that they can effectively redshirt draft picks for a year. This front office is nails (sans 2012 ... lol).

What do you mean "still" think? Lemonhead was 21 last year. His snaps dropped after Aldon came back because that's what Fangio does. No other reason.

Hard to watch that burst sitting on the bench.
With Lattimore, the 49ers kept him on the IR all year, which bought them an extra year on his contract (in essence). Considering Tank didn't play a single snap, it's too bad they didn't take the same approach with him. They must've had high hopes they he was going to make the active roster for the end of the year / playoffs. Otherwise you think they would've take the same approach as they did with Lattimore.

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it woulda been nice to delay his free agency by an extra year if he wasn't going to play anyway.
Can't wait to see this guy on the field for the 49ers!
Originally posted by Garcia:
If you look at his game tape, Tank just jumps out at you. He just looks like this big monstrosity who is moving so quick and fluid, it's obvious this guy has all the physical tools to be a great player. I said last year when we took him, when all is said and done I think we got the best player and definite best bargain pick in the draft

I am worried about his added weight a little bit. Even if the added weight is 100% pure muscle, it can affect your quickness and stamina. If this added weight hasn't effected his quickness and stamina, I am having a hard time imagining how you are going to block a 295 lb Tank Carradine.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Garcia:

I am worried about his added weight a little bit. Even if the added weight is 100% pure muscle, it can affect your quickness and stamina. If this added weight hasn't effected his quickness and stamina, I am having a hard time imagining how you are going to block a 295 lb Tank Carradine.

The thing I noticed is that he looked almost lean in some of the college footage ... sort of like Aldon. I guess we will see, but it seemed to me like he still needed to fill out. I guess he has ... lol.
The thing I noticed is that he looked almost lean in some of the college footage ... sort of like Aldon. I guess we will see, but it seemed to me like he still needed to fill out. I guess he has ... lol.

If Aldon Smith and Tank Carradine are "lean", that makes me feel like a walking twig.

Matt Barrows just Tweeted that Tank recently benched 500 lbs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

If Aldon Smith and Tank Carradine are "lean", that makes me feel like a walking twig.

lol this. I'm 5'10" and just under 150 lbs. I feel frail now.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

He should be working out his legs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

that means he should be running the hill with you know who
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

that means he should be running the hill with you know who

Saving babies with RW... duh!
Share 49ersWebzone