LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
"Tank's in a good place, he really is" Baalke said. "He's worked awfully hard. He's playing at, I think, is pushing 290 pounds right now. He's had a great offseason that started, really, at the beginning of this year. ... He's done an outstanding job, and we expect big things from Tank."Carradine weighed in at 276 pounds at this time last year.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/combine-notes-49ers-seeking-ilb-an-extra-season-for-marcus-lattimore.html#storylink=cpy

gonna be a beast
Originally posted by susweel:
"Tank's in a good place, he really is" Baalke said. "He's worked awfully hard. He's playing at, I think, is pushing 290 pounds right now. He's had a great offseason that started, really, at the beginning of this year. ... He's done an outstanding job, and we expect big things from Tank."Carradine weighed in at 276 pounds at this time last year.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/combine-notes-49ers-seeking-ilb-an-extra-season-for-marcus-lattimore.html#storylink=cpy

probably gained fat because he cant run on that bum knee.

It was scar tissue. He could do anything he wanted on it, just not at 100% speed because he couldn't extend it all the way out.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM ]

Tank represents one of those changing of the guard situations that sucks. You want him to be great and to succeed... but it means forcing out the old guy that we as fans are proud to claim as a 49er. Tank-Justin, is just the latest version of Owens-Rice and Young-Montana. Or should I say, it has that potential?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i don't think we've heard the last of tank's knee.
from what i saw of his workouts a year ago during pre-draft, it appeared like he was racing around outside of his rehab protocol, and subjecting the knee to too much. not surprised by excess scar tissue when you're yanking on tissue that hasn't fully healed. i wouldn't be surprised if his acl is not in optimal shape, and is something that will downgrade the overall soundness of his knee. heck, maybe they had to redo some acl during this so-called clean up surgery.

He noted that the contracts of some of those players toll. That is, if a player, such as Lattimore, does not appear on the active roster, then the year does not count against his contract. Lattimore therefore is signed for four seasons, through the 2017 season.

While Carradine never played a snap last season, he did appear on the active for five weeks before the defensive end was shut down altogether in December. Therefore, his contract - as well as Joe Looney's in 2012 - does not toll.

Glad to know we didn't lose a year on these players.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

He noted that the contracts of some of those players toll. That is, if a player, such as Lattimore, does not appear on the active roster, then the year does not count against his contract. Lattimore therefore is signed for four seasons, through the 2017 season.

While Carradine never played a snap last season, he did appear on the active for five weeks before the defensive end was shut down altogether in December. Therefore, his contract - as well as Joe Looney's in 2012 - does not toll.

So to be clear, Lattimore, Carradine, Dial, Looney, Marquadt, etc...their contracts don't "start" until this second year (2014) and extend another year d/t their non-use to (2017) now?

So to be clear, Lattimore, Carradine, Dial, Looney, Marquadt, etc...their contracts don't "start" until this second year (2014) and extend another year d/t their non-use to (2017) now?

My thought was we would lose a year on Carradine because he was on the active roster, though he did not dress. Guess the article says otherwise. But looks like Lattimore and others such as Okoye, who has a 3 year contract, but was put on IR, we won't lose that year. But they did get paid though.

My thought was we would lose a year on Carradine because he was on the active roster, though he did not dress. Guess the article says otherwise. But looks like Lattimore and others such as Okoye, who has a 3 year contract, but was put on IR, we won't lose that year. But they did get paid though.

OK, see, that's how I interpreted it as well. So basically, we wasted a year on Carradine's contract since we suited him up and he was active for 5 games.
Update:

Mandelbaum is also president of the Santa Monica Sports Foundation, which is studying ACL tears in the NFL. Among the collaborators on the project is the 49ers team physician, Dr. Tim McAdams, along with team physicians for the Giants, Rams and Browns.

So what could Carradine's knee complication mean for his NFL future? Mandelbaum said Harbaugh's optimism isn't unfounded. Arthrofibrosis, while not common, can generally be resolved with proper treatment and aggressive rehabilitation. Mandelbaum stressed he was speaking in general terms because he didn't have knowledge of Carradine's condition.

"I wouldn't say it's routine, but when it occurs the team of surgeons will focus on it," Mandelbaum said. "They'll take care of it, clean up the scar tissue, take care of whatever manipulations they need and, at the end of all that, the prognosis is very good …

"In general, when you have a significant high-energy injury to the knee – an ACL (tear), an MCL – there's a direct relationship between the severity of the injury and the amount of scar tissue that occurs. A simple injury? No chance of scar tissue. A more complicated injury. More scar tissue."

If, indeed, Carradine's prognosis is good, the 49ers can expect to finally receive a contribution from the No. 40 overall pick in last year's draft.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/24/surgeon-prognosis-is-probably-good-for-dl-carradine/
Update:

Mandelbaum is also president of the Santa Monica Sports Foundation, which is studying ACL tears in the NFL. Among the collaborators on the project is the 49ers team physician, Dr. Tim McAdams, along with team physicians for the Giants, Rams and Browns.

So what could Carradine's knee complication mean for his NFL future? Mandelbaum said Harbaugh's optimism isn't unfounded. Arthrofibrosis, while not common, can generally be resolved with proper treatment and aggressive rehabilitation. Mandelbaum stressed he was speaking in general terms because he didn't have knowledge of Carradine's condition.

"I wouldn't say it's routine, but when it occurs the team of surgeons will focus on it," Mandelbaum said. "They'll take care of it, clean up the scar tissue, take care of whatever manipulations they need and, at the end of all that, the prognosis is very good …

"In general, when you have a significant high-energy injury to the knee – an ACL (tear), an MCL – there's a direct relationship between the severity of the injury and the amount of scar tissue that occurs. A simple injury? No chance of scar tissue. A more complicated injury. More scar tissue."

If, indeed, Carradine's prognosis is good, the 49ers can expect to finally receive a contribution from the No. 40 overall pick in last year's draft.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/24/surgeon-prognosis-is-probably-good-for-dl-carradine/

This is the same guy who provided some feedback on Bowman and how he should be able to come back 100%. He is a ray of sunshine

I swear this training camp may be the most exciting in my football memory. It is like christmas with us getting what seems like two entire draft classes at once. Three redshirts from last year....all early round picks, plus what ever we haul in this time around. We could go from vet contender to hungry, super athletic and young in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I swear this training camp may be the most exciting in my football memory. It is like christmas with us getting what seems like two entire draft classes at once. Three redshirts from last year....all early round picks, plus what ever we haul in this time around. We could go from vet contender to hungry, super athletic and young in a heartbeat.

It's true!
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

It's true!

This is why Baalke has been receiving praise on the zone
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Update:

This is the same guy who provided some feedback on Bowman and how he should be able to come back 100%. He is a ray of sunshine

See Adrian Peterson.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80

Tank Carradine, on @957thegame, says he's completed healed from his ACL tear and feels "as good as new."

Tank Carradine also says he's up to 295 lbs. now, which was the ideal weight for 3-4 end, but can still speed rush. #49ers

Carradine sounds like a great young player; eager to hit the field, confident in his abilities. Says he can rush from the left or right side

Tank Carradine is like Billy Madison when he gets the ball in dodgeball. "Now you're all in big, big trouble." #49ers
Share 49ersWebzone