There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Word at the draft was his knee ain't right.

Well, that knee ain't right. I'm against drafting injured guys, especially the knees and especially that high.

Those things rarely heal right, especially on a big man.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Word at the draft was his knee ain't right.

Well, that knee ain't right. I'm against drafting injured guys, especially the knees and especially that high.

Those things rarely heal right, especially on a big man.

many teams had removed him from the their draft boards.
"He wasn't able to straighten out his leg before that and then they took that (mass) out and his leg went straight," Harbaugh said via NFL Network. "He looks like a different guy now since that procedure."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/20/harbaugh-expectations-high-for-dt-carradine-after-offseason-procedure/
Nothing has changed. We had an extra year to get his knee right and that's exactly what is happening.
Originally posted by sfout:
Gore only messed up his ACLs, not his entire knee plus the ACL in the other leg lol.

Oh....ONLY his ACL's.
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.
Terrible pick, you dont draft a guy with a high 2 with knee problems that have now persisted for over a year post surgery
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.

that was jrg.

I wanted to Robert Quinn over Aldon.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.

Maybe, we should thank him.
I find it funny that some of you are on here saying how it was a wasted pick on Tank but yet we can't wait to see Lattimore run wild this year. Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm no doctor but sometimes post surgeries you have a mass build up of tissue that can cause inflammation. It doesn't sound serious so let's take the wait and see approach.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Terrible pick, you dont draft a guy with a high 2 with knee problems that have now persisted for over a year post surgery

Why don't you wait until you actually see the guy on the field before you call him a terrible pick.

It's not like he suffered a career ending injury. He's going to play next season. It was very wise to hold him back and clean out scar tissue so he's fully healthy next season.
this thread will be awesome to bump when he gets on the field next year
Trouble Draft... Baalke Drafted All Injured Players...Carradine, Lattimore,Dial,Bykowski
cant wait
Ray Mac had injury issues early in his career, lot of people said he was a bust and threw in the towel on him too early .....give Tank a little time, he wont be rushed into action anyway, Cowboy and Ray mac will get the lions share of snaps early in the season, plus TJE, Dorsey, Dial and Williams will want in on the action ....but Tank will eventually develop into a solid defensive lineman IMO