LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we can get Easley and red shirt him for a year or DLine will be set up for the future.

This is the move I feel we should make. Because IF Tank turns out to be the guy, we will need a top notch DE to rotate off of the bench. Also, it's no sure thing that Tank will be the replacement, so it would be nice to have another talented DE to compete with Carradine in 2015. I think the 3rd round is the strike zone for drafting Dominique Easley.

Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
Originally posted by sfout:
It means nothing more than Werner is a DE/OLB and Carradine is a DE/DT. Naturally Werner is going to be a step quicker than Tank -- don't read into that at all. If anything you need to compare Carradine with the other interior DL players from FSU.

Neither are pure speed rushers anyway. The injury concerns are valid. As fans we have basically assumed Carradine and Lattimore will be long time starters for this club.

I think most people think they will be able to contribute in 2014. I don't know about longterm starters, maybe Carradine more so than Lattimore. I believe they both can, but I'm not certain the board overall thinks it's a foregone conclusion.

Yea I don't want the 9ers to become a cliche, always drafting high profile injured players but Easley makes the most sense for us, he'll get a year of rehab like Carradine and be back in 2015 to compete with Tank and both of them will be given shakes to replace Justin on one side and/or unseat McDonald on the other.

I also agree. Tank may be the more viable long term option for the team. I think Lattimore may end up being a great(read contributing) back for us for the length of his contract and up to maybe 6 years before the knee injuries finally catch up to him even if he has avoided any comparable injuries in the pros.
Yea I don't want the 9ers to become a cliche, always drafting high profile injured players but Easley makes the most sense for us, he'll get a year of rehab like Carradine and be back in 2015 to compete with Tank and both of them will be given shakes to replace Justin on one side and/or unseat McDonald on the other.

I also agree. Tank may be the more viable long term option for the team. I think Lattimore may end up being a great(read contributing) back for us for the length of his contract and up to maybe 6 years before the knee injuries finally catch up to him even if he has avoided any comparable injuries in the pros.

Just like those knee injuries finally caught up with that Frank Gore dood.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Just like those knee injuries finally caught up with that Frank Gore dood.

Gore only messed up his ACLs, not his entire knee plus the ACL in the other leg lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we can get Easley and red shirt him for a year or DLine will be set up for the future.

This is the move I feel we should make. Because IF Tank turns out to be the guy, we will need a top notch DE to rotate off of the bench. Also, it's no sure thing that Tank will be the replacement, so it would be nice to have another talented DE to compete with Carradine in 2015. I think the 3rd round is the strike zone for drafting Dominique Easley.

Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
It means nothing more than Werner is a DE/OLB and Carradine is a DE/DT. Naturally Werner is going to be a step quicker than Tank -- don't read into that at all. If anything you need to compare Carradine with the other interior DL players from FSU.

Neither are pure speed rushers anyway. The injury concerns are valid. As fans we have basically assumed Carradine and Lattimore will be long time starters for this club.

I think most people think they will be able to contribute in 2014. I don't know about longterm starters, maybe Carradine more so than Lattimore. I believe they both can, but I'm not certain the board overall thinks it's a foregone conclusion.

I think it works now because we have an a high number of picks. If we had the standard 7 or less there is no way I would advocate drafting guys that can't contribute. This is more of a luxury a team can afford to do for now. Not to mention, we're clearly the number 2 team in the league lol. With 12 or 13 picks, we need to do whatever it takes to continue the flow of talent and to keep good players on the team playing on their rookie deals.

As for Lattimore, this is part of the reason I'd like to see Hunter get a few 10-15 carry games (maybe more if he gets hot in any one game) just to see what he can do in a featured role.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 12, 2014 at 6:09 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Harbs just said Tank had a procedure after the season to clear out scar tissue in his knee. He said he couldn't straighten out his knee before the surgery.
[ Edited by Hopper on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM ]
  • JayT
  • Veteran
Seemed excited about Tank for next season.
[ Edited by JayT on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM ]
Now we know why he didn't play this year. So nice to be on a team that can allow these players the time to heal properly. Excited to see what he can do this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke
Word at the draft was his knee ain't right.

Well, that knee ain't right. I'm against drafting injured guys, especially the knees and especially that high.

Those things rarely heal right, especially on a big man.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Word at the draft was his knee ain't right.

Well, that knee ain't right. I'm against drafting injured guys, especially the knees and especially that high.

Those things rarely heal right, especially on a big man.

many teams had removed him from the their draft boards.

"He wasn't able to straighten out his leg before that and then they took that (mass) out and his leg went straight," Harbaugh said via NFL Network. "He looks like a different guy now since that procedure."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/20/harbaugh-expectations-high-for-dt-carradine-after-offseason-procedure/
Nothing has changed. We had an extra year to get his knee right and that's exactly what is happening.
Gore only messed up his ACLs, not his entire knee plus the ACL in the other leg lol.

Oh....ONLY his ACL's.
Originally posted by susweel:
dude got a bum knee, another wasted pick by baalke

Says the guy who thought that the 49ers should have gone with Blaine Gabbert over Aldon Smith.
Terrible pick, you dont draft a guy with a high 2 with knee problems that have now persisted for over a year post surgery
Share 49ersWebzone