LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
So we got Tank anyway at #40 for a third rounder next year and an extra seventh rounder this year.

Baalke gets some props...he's drafting like a boss.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Great Value!

Agreed. Welcome to the 49ers Tank!
Originally posted by kray28:
So we got Tank anyway at #40 for a third rounder next year and an extra seventh rounder this year.

Baalke gets some props...he's drafting like a boss.

He did the same for Looney last year. Knew who he wanted, still moved back, and got his guy. Baalke is slick.
Welcome to the 49ers Tank!!
Great pick!!!
Horribly inconsistent in my opinion. All the negatives I saw:

- Often times the last person off the snap of the ball
- Got a LOT of help on plays he made, with a lot of stats compiled through the assistance of scheme. Not as much through individual effort.
- Struggled to disengage offensive linemen and relied too much on running around them
- Lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relying too much on athleticism instead of technique
- Coming off a season-ending injury
- Extremely raw and no experience dropping into coverage if they plan on moving him to OLB
- Good straight line speed, but mediocre change of direction.
- Often pushed back by running backs, far too often gaining extra yardage after contact

They selected him in the 2nd based ENTIRELY on potential and the hope they can convert an athlete into a football player. I pray they can do so, because if not, he will be a complete bust.
good pick Baalke
W00t!
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like this guy a lot...DL is a huge concern right now. Glad to see them addressing needs.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Garcia:
wtf you talking about?

No idea who this guy is.

is that the guy from parks and rec.?

Ron Swanson is way bigger and far tougher than Justin Smith

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

- Got a LOT of help on plays he made, with a lot of stats compiled through the assistance of scheme. Not as much through individual effort.
- Struggled to disengage offensive linemen and relied too much on running around them
- Lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relying too much on athleticism instead of technique
- Extremely raw and no experience dropping into coverage if they plan on moving him to OLB
- Often pushed back by running backs, far too often gaining extra yardage after contact

They selected him in the 2nd based ENTIRELY on potential and the hope they can convert an athlete into a football player. I pray they can do so, because if not, he will be a complete bust.

Tomsula. We got Tomsula
perfect. we can ease him into the rotation. awesome.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Tomsula. We got Tomsula

I know dude has all the tools, he just needs coaching. That's why you higher the coachs, Rookie are far from finished products, He will come in get a few snaps here and there, but mainly will sit learn from Justin Smith and Tomsula on how to tap into all that talent.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Tomsula. We got Tomsula

And Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, and Ahmad Brooks to help mentor him.

He'll be fine.

I have the polar opposite opinion on everything you said, except for the knee injury.
Share 49ersWebzone