There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

The team has enough depth are core positions that it feels no need to rush the rehab, recovery and development of a promising young player.
Clearly the only logical response to this news is to panic.
^
Next year is going to be crazy with all the new additions with the draft. Plus we add Lattimore and Tank wow!!! For all the people bashing tank for not playing, its alittle uncalled for. Lets wait till next year and then it will be fair to judge him. Plus with the way TJE is playing, might as well let the young man redshirt and well see him at full strength next year.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Hated this pick. God I hated this pick. Very frusterated about this pick. So he was good enough to run for his pro workouts in April 13' but NOT healthy enough to play in November and December 13'??? whiff.com

Over reaction, wait for Tank to at least play a snap before you label him a whiff. I was happy with this pick. We are building for the future. As much as I like Cowboy, he cannot play forever. Lighten up dude!

When you have a lot of picks and you know that not many rookies will make your 53, there are three possibilities...trade up and reduce the number of picks, trade some picks into the future, or pick some injured guys to redshirt...Baalke has done all three at different times. Lattimore and Carradine are guys who would have been drafted in the first half of the first round if not injured, making these picks extremely high risk/high reward type guys. If either reaches his potential the risk is worth it, if they both reach their potential then it's a home run...bases loaded!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
sure would like to read tank's current mri report
Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
The team has enough depth are core positions that it feels no need to rush the rehab, recovery and development of a promising young player.
Clearly the only logical response to this news is to panic.

Guy is 24 years old. Can't wait to long to develop him.
What happens if Tank goes "Darius Fleming" on the 49ers and injures himself in the offseason?? That would be ANOTHER wasted 2nd rounder for a guy who DOES NOT transition to a 3/4 end.
2nd round failure continues
What happens if Tank goes "Darius Fleming" on the 49ers and injures himself in the offseason?? That would be ANOTHER wasted 2nd rounder for a guy who DOES NOT transition to a 3/4 end.

What if Willis tears his knee? What if Crabtree tears his Achilles? What is CK tears his knee? what if what if what if.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

What if Willis tears his knee? What if Crabtree tears his Achilles? What is CK tears his knee? what if what if what if.

the 49ers could actually survive a Willis injury, he's so overrated and gets beat and wasted in pass coverage by the Luke Willsons of the TE World. I'd be all for a Willis release of that over paid salary and plug in Moody or Wilhoite.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

the 49ers could actually survive a Willis injury, he's so overrated and gets beat and wasted in pass coverage by the Luke Willsons of the TE World. I'd be all for a Willis release of that over paid salary and plug in Moody or Wilhoite.

He only counts for 2.3 million this year and about 6.9 million next year. We paid him the big bucks already and this year and next year he is worth it IMO
I never saw him in college. How good is he? To justify and early 2nd round pick on a player that has to red shirt he should be a top 25 player. Is he that good?

Also. Does anybody know what the plan is for him? I originally thought he was drafted to replace Justin Smith one day but he weighs about 265 and not nearly big enough for a 3-4 DE. Do they want to bulk him up or is he a situational pass rusher or to be groomed to back up Aldon Smith? Have the 49ers made their plan for him known?
Before the knee injury - high to mid first

After injury - probably where he went.

He was a great player a FSU - East. If he is able to play at near the same level in the NFL, the 49ers will have a younger Justin Smith.

His weight shouldn't be an issue. I believe he's bigger than Justin Smith when he come out of Mizzu. Besides, after a couple of cycles of HGH, he'll be weighing around 290 - all rip.
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Geeked:
Before the knee injury - high to mid first

After injury - probably where he went.

He was a great player a FSU - East. If he is able to play at near the same level in the NFL, the 49ers will have a younger Justin Smith.

His weight shouldn't be an issue. I believe he's bigger than Justin Smith when he come out of Mizzu. Besides, after a couple of cycles of HGH, he'll be weighing around 290 - all rip.
Thanks for the info. If he comes through it would be big for the 49ers.
He's not good against the run, but he's a beast rushing the passer at FSU. This guy will replace Aldon before he replaces Justin. Tank should stay around his 275lb frame and be used as a pass rusher. The 49ers need to draft a DT to replace Justin.