LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think Baalke is SOOOO overrated it aint even funny. He did good in the 11' draft with Aldon,Kap and Cully & Kendall. He bombed bombed bombed the 12' Draft (it chapped my arss last night watching Alshon Jeffrey tear the Cowgirls up and Ballke passed him up for AJJ). And in 13' he did good with Reid, Flopped with Tank and Ronald Macdonald. Did okay with Lemon, Patton hasn't shown squat yet even before he got hurt. I LIKED the Lattimore compensatory pick for the future. But there are just as many misses as hits in those 4 drafts the last 4 years with Baalke.

You'd be one of the few. I'll reserve my opinion of this post, choosing rather to bookmark it and remind you in a few years how irrational you were.

Oh and for the record..he has had 3 drafts not 4. Your math is as bad as your take on Baalke's draft history.
I think Baalke is SOOOO overrated it aint even funny. He did good in the 11' draft with Aldon,Kap and Cully & Kendall. He bombed bombed bombed the 12' Draft (it chapped my arss last night watching Alshon Jeffrey tear the Cowgirls up and Ballke passed him up for AJJ). And in 13' he did good with Reid, Flopped with Tank and Ronald Macdonald. Did okay with Lemon, Patton hasn't shown squat yet even before he got hurt. I LIKED the Lattimore compensatory pick for the future. But there are just as many misses as hits in those 4 drafts the last 4 years with Baalke.
Wish we had you in the front office instead of Baalke...
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

there were six WR's taken before Jeffrey. 6. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins, Quick, Hill. Murderer's Row! Lol. Jeffrey is on a tear but lets not act like Baalke is the one GM who took a s**t WR before Jeffrey was selected, or that Jeffrey was a slam-dunk prospect coming out.

and look at the rest of the Bears 2012 draft class. they hit on one out of 7. whoop de doo.

Draft gurus conveniently ignore that.

HAHA FLOYD has done some nice things this season and Blackmon had a decent rookie year on a SCHIT team and then has had offfield stuff., Wright I never liked him in the 1st round in my mocks anyway so if Wright ever does blow up or pan out, then I would be Wrong about Wright. Bottom line is 49ers had a Golden chance to draft Jefreey at #30 and instead the OVERRATED Baalke went with some skinny, wimpy pathetic WR named AJJ.
Originally posted by WINiner:

You'd be one of the few. I'll reserve my opinion of this post, choosing rather to bookmark it and remind you in a few years how irrational you were.

Oh and for the record..he has had 3 drafts not 4. Your math is as bad as your take on Baalke's draft history.

Ya.. anyone who reads Elephants posts knows he posts mostly b******t.
This sucks
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We still need to draft 2 DL in my opinion. One for insurance. One for the future to potentially replace Justin Smith.

As far as I understand it, Tank was drafted to replace Justin eventually. It seems that adjusting to a new style for him will take more time than expected.

Would have been nice to have him in the rotation even for a few snaps here and there, but with TJE and Dobbs filling in nicely it seems they wanted to stash him. Though Dial has played, but I suppose it's different with him since he's an interior guy.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

So, you have already decided the fate of this years draft ... nice crystal ball you have. A large chunk of this drafts story is yet to be written. And anyone can cherry pick years later as to who should have been picked. It is easy to do after the fact.

Soooo overrated? He has/had 13 + picks in back to back drafts, that alone makes your statement ridiculous. Then you give us further evidence when you point us his draft picks, Aldon ( the most gifted passrusher in the league ), Kaep ( took our team to the superbowl last year ), culliver ( our best corner in terms of talent ), and hunter. This guy is a genius. 2011 was a bad draft sure, but this year's draft has the potential to be as good or maybe even better than the 11 draft. Mcdonald wasn't the best pick IMO but Reid was a great value as well as Tank, Lattimore, Patton, Dial, Lemo and that kid Cooper from Kansas city.

Builds the most talented roster in the game and sets us up nicely for the future. Stop complaining.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Dec 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

there were six WR's taken before Jeffrey. 6. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins, Quick, Hill. Murderer's Row! Lol. Jeffrey is on a tear but lets not act like Baalke is the one GM who took a s**t WR before Jeffrey was selected, or that Jeffrey was a slam-dunk prospect coming out.

and look at the rest of the Bears 2012 draft class. they hit on one out of 7. whoop de doo.

Draft gurus conveniently ignore that.

HAHA FLOYD has done some nice things this season and Blackmon had a decent rookie year on a SCHIT team and then has had offfield stuff., Wright I never liked him in the 1st round in my mocks anyway so if Wright ever does blow up or pan out, then I would be Wrong about Wright. Bottom line is 49ers had a Golden chance to draft Jefreey at #30 and instead the OVERRATED Baalke went with some skinny, wimpy pathetic WR named AJJ.

There's only 112 yards separating Wright, Floyd, and Jeffery in career yards. Jeffery's two monster games were both losses to teams with crappy corners. He's a good WR but I would take Floyd over him without thinking twice. If Blackmon could stop getting in trouble he'd be the best of them.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Please stop already. You're calling guys who haven't played much or at all flops after less than a season, the only thing you're doing is destroying your own credibility.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]

Why do people ignore the 2010 draft? He wasnt the GM but he headed that draft because Scott Mcloughan resigned a month or so before the draft. 2010 was good with the exception of Taylor Mays, but that was Singletary's decision.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Please stop already. You're calling guys who haven't played much or at all flops after less than a season, the only thing you're doing is destroying your own credibility.

you know the drill, a lot of guys are in a race to be that guy who called so and so a bust first.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
This, and no more of this red shirting crap. Draft impact players that can play, I'm hoping tank is a beast though

Exactly
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

TBH, the cowboys have no defense, so anyone can score on them.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
HATED THIS PICK only because he was coming off an ACL. Would have LOVED this pick in say the 3rd round if he was still there and with #40 overall WR Keenan Allen would looked good in a 49er uniform, but who knows maybe Roman Greg woulda FKED up Keenan Allen too with his remedial coaching and scheming.

Keenan Allen had a knee injury all through his pre draft workouts. Why do you think he slipped to the third round?
Share 49ersWebzone