LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
TJE looks powerful out there.

Seriously, Tomsula needs a lifetime contract, never ever let him leave the 49ers. They keep taking random undrafted guys and late round guys and making them more than passable. Seeing TJE develop reminds me of RJF and not because of the dual last names. If the 49ers had someone who is as good at coaching WR's as Tomsula is at coaching defensive linemen, that position would be a major strength on this team.

I was thinking the same. When I watch other teams and how they can have one receiver after another and it some cases QBs come in and look decent, no matter what, it hit me last night that the 49ers have that in our defensive lineman as well as the linebackers. Even more evidence of what great position coaches we have on defense (Ed Donatell can hold his own as well) and how lacking we are at WR coach.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Seriously, Tomsula needs a lifetime contract, never ever let him leave the 49ers. They keep taking random undrafted guys and late round guys and making them more than passable. Seeing TJE develop reminds me of RJF and not because of the dual last names. If the 49ers had someone who is as good at coaching WR's as Tomsula is at coaching defensive linemen, that position would be a major strength on this team.

I was thinking the same. When I watch other teams and how they can have one receiver after another and it some cases QBs come in and look decent, no matter what, it hit me last night that the 49ers have that in our defensive lineman as well as the linThaebackers. Even more evidence of what great position coaches we have on defense (Ed Donatell can hold his own as well) and how lacking we are at WR coach.

I was saying something to that affect during the preseason game against the Chiefs. The Chiefs have 2 1st rs tackles, 1 3rd round guard, and 1 5th round center/The Niners had in their second string front 7, a front 7 made up of UDFA and 1 or 2 7th rounder - our front 7 made up of players nobody else wanted dominated.the Chiefs Oline made up pf premium pick . The LB and Dline coaches can turn led into gold. Thats why all this Carradine doom and gloom is juat ridiculous. Tomsula is going to turn Carradine into a real life Hellboy.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I was thinking the same. When I watch other teams and how they can have one receiver after another and it some cases QBs come in and look decent, no matter what, it hit me last night that the 49ers have that in our defensive lineman as well as the linThaebackers. Even more evidence of what great position coaches we have on defense (Ed Donatell can hold his own as well) and how lacking we are at WR coach.

I was saying something to that affect during the preseason game against the Chiefs. The Chiefs have 2 1st rs tackles, 1 3rd round guard, and 1 5th round center/The Niners had in their second string front 7, a front 7 made up of UDFA and 1 or 2 7th rounder - our front 7 made up of players nobody else wanted dominated.the Chiefs Oline made up pf premium pick . The LB and Dline coaches can turn led into gold. Thats why all this Carradine doom and gloom is juat ridiculous. Tomsula is going to turn Carradine into a real life Hellboy.

Actually, I'd vote for making Tomsula the wide receivers coach. We need help there.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Actually, I'd vote for making Tomsula the wide receivers coach. We need help there.

This would be fun to watch! We'd have to biggest, most buff WRs in the NFL within a year!
Originally posted by boast:
it's cause TJE is playing well. showed some good speed last night.

For a big man he was running guys down from behind and had a couple of awesome bulls rushes pushing his man straight to the QB
I swear there should be an IQ Test in order to post here...

Kid is inactive and you expect to see him in garbage time? Other people claiming it's a wasted pick. God you guys are ridiculous. He was hurt, just recently started practicing and now is months behind in a big position change. He's a great talent and he'll be fine once he starts getting playing time. There's no need to rush the guy out there just to appease some impatient posters on the webzone.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.

Still balls deep in Margus Hunt, I see.

How is Hunt doing these days?

The defensive line is playing at a high level and you're b***hing about a development pick.

a #40 overall pick should not be considered a "developmental" pick. At that spot you need STARTERS & production. Justin Smith coming out of Mizzou in 2001 was a BEAST much better prospect then this "Tank" dude who wasn't even a starter for FSU his senior year until game 2 when Brandon Jenkins got hurt.

Wow great scouting skills you have. What gave it away? The fact that Smith was selected 36 spots ahead of him?
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by boast:
it's cause TJE is playing well. showed some good speed last night.

For a big man he was running guys down from behind and had a couple of awesome bulls rushes pushing his man straight to the QB

TJE is killing it right now. That's why JH and TB are in charge. .
The only thing thats not right about the situation is this thread. Need to end it.

I'm frustrated too, but if TJE put in work and is playing well I can expect our coaching staff with the way they treat rookies and their young guys no matter the draft slot to put in the same amount of work. When he's ready he'll play no doubt, tank is coming from a 4-3 at FSU where all he was asked is to attack the qb. In our system he's gonna be ask to do way more than that plus he has to work on his technique. You're not getting by with just athleticism in this league no matter the talent. I expect him to play either Sunday or against Seattle
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm frustrated too, but if TJE put in work and is playing well I can expect our coaching staff with the way they treat rookies and their young guys no matter the draft slot to put in the same amount of work. When he's ready he'll play no doubt, tank is coming from a 4-3 at FSU where all he was asked is to attack the qb. In our system he's gonna be ask to do way more than that plus he has to work on his technique. You're not getting by with just athleticism in this league no matter the talent. I expect him to play either Sunday or against Seattle

This is way too reasonable for this thread! Agree totally! You just don't replace an experienced vet who is doing well as a back up with a totally unknown quality...rookie. If he were just knocking the hell out of OLinemen in practice they might be inclined to make a switch...obviously that isn't happening.
I did think to myself "where's tank " . Guess he hasn't shown more than TJE or Dobbs but man I can't wait to see four man fronts with him Justin and Aldon.
something must not be right about lattimore either
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:
something must not be right about lattimore either

Yes, you had a lower case l instead of a capitol L.
Share 49ersWebzone