There are 176 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.

Still balls deep in Margus Hunt, I see.

How is Hunt doing these days?

The defensive line is playing at a high level and you're b***hing about a development pick.

a #40 overall pick should not be considered a "developmental" pick. At that spot you need STARTERS & production. Justin Smith coming out of Mizzou in 2001 was a BEAST much better prospect then this "Tank" dude who wasn't even a starter for FSU his senior year until game 2 when Brandon Jenkins got hurt.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.

Way too early to come to this conclusion. He was bigger than Justin Smith coming out of college, about same as RayMac. He's strong as hell, with amazing quickness and moves. Best chance to replace Justin in a long time.

WAY too early ....let him play a couple games worth of snaps before we label him a waste of a pick ....Tank is gonna be a wrecking ball eventually ...in the meantime, he needs to work on his strength and learn from Cowboy and Ray Mac

The defensive line is playing at a high level and you're b***hing about a development pick.

a #40 overall pick should not be considered a "developmental" pick. At that spot you need STARTERS & production. Justin Smith coming out of Mizzou in 2001 was a BEAST much better prospect then this "Tank" dude who wasn't even a starter for FSU his senior year until game 2 when Brandon Jenkins got hurt.

Balls deep. Margus Hunt.

You can't face the fact that you where wrong about Hunt and Tank.

TJE is playing excellent right now. The talent depth on the line allows for development.
How was I wrong about Hunt?? Can you enlighten me? His team is in 1st place, they play GREAT defense, he's actually seen the field.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
He wasn't active so he was in pads etc. He is still learning the system and that takes time.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by irief:
Originally posted by fropwns:
It is, what it is. He'll be ready, when he is ready. I got one more for you.

He is not where he needs to be, but when he is, he'll be here.

Based on what? That's the million dollar question. If his knee is OK now and he's playing with the same level explosiveness from college, then he should be more than ready to get after the QB.

I get the feeling that he's still building confidence in the knee, and the explosiveness isn't quite there yet.

Hence, I said what I said. By the way, I just used coaching cliches to make the point. You may be right. It could be the knee, could be he is not adapting to the system, could be any thing. At this point, I am not as worried. We have good chemistry along the D-Line. Let's roll with it. Having Tank now is a luxury. If we need him, he will see the field. If we don't, it will be next season.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Don't jump the gun before you've even seen him play a single snap.

lol. How exactly do you know they're "trying to make him a runstopping 3//4 DE" and won't be utilizing hiss pass-rushing abilities?

I'd like to think our staff is better than that.
I just don't think that knee is 100. I seen Dial out there.
he had no rookie mini camp, training camp, etc. hes getting reps in practice and learning. hell be ready soon, we all know this staff doesnt push reserves into action very quickly
Seems that some feel a rookie will automatically be better, and more deserving of playing time, than a Dobbs or other back up who has been practicing and working their rear ends off. Bad assumption if you think players need to earn time on the field by showing something in practice. And why risk a guy by bringing him in during garbage time...just off the injury wire?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Didn't know that he was inactive. Bummed that I didn't get to see him play, but if the reason is to make sure his recoverly isn't jeopardized, I'm all for sitting him on the bench. Look at Kyle, he went to the Chiefs, and they pressed him into service and he's now gone for the season with the same injury. His career may be over. I don't want that for Tank Caradine, that's for sure.

Giedi
Yeah because our Defense was the issue the last two weeks.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol

I hope you are wrong, but if you are not it would seem Tank fooled nearly everyone in the NFL football world as he was/is a surefire 1st round talent but for an injury. I think it is the case that Tank's injury has prevented him from getting up to game speed and conditioning as well as slowed his learning a bit. Don't forget this team is very deep on the line and can afford to bring him along (from injury) slower than most teams. Were there guys selected after him that are producing more right now, you bet, but good thing careers are not typically judged on just the rookie season.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN If you want to know why Tank Carradine has not played yet for the 49ers, here's your answer. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/why-second-round-pick-carradine-not-ready ;…
Share 49ersWebzone