LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I disagree. He's been playing with one of the most beat up front 7s in the league. Tony Jerod-Eddie has been his nose tackle for a couple of games. He's had more games without Aldon Smith than he has had with him. This is also the same defense where people were lamenting the fact that we haven't gotten many sacks in the last 5 games. He's been without Patrick Willis for a couple games as well. Give Reid a little credit. I think what he's done this season is more impressive than what Dashon Goldson did last season because Goldson had a healthy Aldon Smith and Justin Smith for the majority of the season, as well as the other studs up front.

Jesus... Say anything that's not godly praise for a fan favorite and people completely misinterpret what you say... I'm not taking anything away from Reid and I think he's been one of the best rookies from his class. All I'm saying is he was not rated that high in anyones pre-draft boards, so there's no reason to jump all over Matt miller for rating him in the 50s. Whether or not the front 7 has been as dominant this year, it's a fact that he came into a great situation with superstars all around him on defense and learning to play in the NFL with teachers like Willis, Bowman, Smith, Whitner etc.

Why am I arguing this, isn't this a Tank thread?

Soooooo....someone can't disagree? There wasn't a mention of the mentoring in your original post. You mentioned Reid playing with the best front 7, and the truth is, I'm not sure if it's true in 2013. I can't argue that he hasn't been some great mentors. But in terms of on the field performance, Reid has been one of the standout players this season.

Reid was a stud long before he joined the niners. He made the play that prevented Bama from beating LSU in regular season. His PD prevented a TD and assured LSU made it to the SECCG and ultimately the CG. He was pretty highly rated praised around the country and was a consensus #2 FS. More than him benefiting from the Niners we have benefited from him. He has become the perfect headpiece of a dominant secondary. I dont thimk we do it without him.

Yea OregonDuck you must be living in the pac12 universe if you didnt know about Reid
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

What's that? You say I'm paid to analyze players, not tweet about beer? Here's my breakdown of #49ers Tank Carradine.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1840167-get-ready-for-the-debut-of-dl-beast-tank-carradine

So what's the breakdown?

Dont have him drop back into space; use him as a one-gap d-lineman, because that's what he does well. Miller had Carradine ranked as his 5th (?) overall prospect in last years draft.

Unless your point is that it wasn't much of a breakdown...
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Whoops
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

What's that? You say I'm paid to analyze players, not tweet about beer? Here's my breakdown of #49ers Tank Carradine.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1840167-get-ready-for-the-debut-of-dl-beast-tank-carradine

So what's the breakdown?

Dont have him drop back into space; use him on a one-gap d-lineman, because that's what he does well.

Well that's good b/c aside from Justin tying up two for Aldon on occasion, Tank can be used to split a gap and force pressure on 3rd downs (just need to ensure he contains the edge as well though). Thanks!
Well that's good b/c aside from Justin tying up two for Aldon on occasion, Tank can be used to split a gap and force pressure on 3rd downs (just need to ensure he contains the edge as well though). Thanks!

This is absolutely what I see in him. His explosiveness allow him to penetrate gaps and get into the backfield within 1.5 seconds. His length and strength allows him to do even when blocked. I think he will rotate inside but I hope they let him get some snaps as a bull rusher on the edge. I think he would be a nice Buck/Predator this season.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]
I hope Tank plays on Sunday and dominates!

Lemon, Tank, Justin, Aldon on passing downs looks deadly!
Originally posted by eonblue:

This is absolutely what I see in him. His explosiveness allow him to penetrate gaps and get into the backfield within 1.5 seconds. His length and strength allows him to do even when blocked. I think he will rotate inside but I hope they let him get some snaps as a bull rusher on the edge. I think he would be a nice Buck/Predator this season.

We are going to need a serious rotation along the DL most likely so I hope Dial, Tank, TJE and Lemonier/Skuta step up big time. The Smith's and Dorsey and McDonald/Brooks may need a breather.
NCommand
We are going to need a serious rotation along the DL most likely so I hope Dial, Tank, TJE and Lemonier/Skuta step up big time. The Smith's and Dorsey and McDonald/Brooks may need a breather.

Good call NC - I was so happy when we drafted DL & Dorsey in FA.

Now we have to use them to keep our starters fresh for the home stretch.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Not playing apparently.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Not playing apparently.

Link ?

Originally posted by 951NINER:
Link ?

Fangio said he wasn't match fitness.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Link ?

Main page
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/2348/tank-carradine-debut-likely-to-wait
What number is Tank..i bet he will get a couple plays..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The return of Aldon Smith and Dial's first game already under his belt, we don't need to rush Carradine.
Share 49ersWebzone