There are 251 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by redrathman:

The hilarious thing is that Hunt and Carradine's stats are almost identical at this point. Hunt has 1 tackle up to now while Carradine has yet to play. Hunt has looked like....well, a very raw project that needs a lot of seasoning.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
there's no two ways about it, physically, tank's a tweener, and it will be interesting to observe tank's progress on the line. will he be stout enough and powerful enough to be an every-down player? he's already almost 25 years old, so you can't expect a physical blossoming to occur and for him to become a natural 300 pounds of player after his college, boy body. he's not a large-boned guy for a d-lineman; and he's close to being maxed out. from an injury standpoint, it concerns me that he'll be trying to play at 290--which is extremely rocked-up for his skeletal framework. those kind of guys get injured more than a a guy like dial, who is huge but has the bones and connective tissue that naturally support his size.

tank's intangibles pretty much guarantee that he'll be, at least, good. but, will he be a nfl stud? that's the unknown.

Carradine is actually 23 years old. His actual birthday is in 1990, not in 1989 as listed on several sites.
there's no two ways about it, physically, tank's a tweener, and it will be interesting to observe tank's progress on the line. will he be stout enough and powerful enough to be an every-down player? he's already almost 25 years old, so you can't expect a physical blossoming to occur and for him to become a natural 300 pounds of player after his college, boy body. he's not a large-boned guy for a d-lineman; and he's close to being maxed out. from an injury standpoint, it concerns me that he'll be trying to play at 290--which is extremely rocked-up for his skeletal framework. those kind of guys get injured more than a a guy like dial, who is huge but has the bones and connective tissue that naturally support his size.

tank's intangibles pretty much guarantee that he'll be, at least, good. but, will he be a nfl stud? that's the unknown.

Cowboy weighed less than Tank out of college.

I think he's a stud.

He's so explosive for his size. Tomsula will perfect his technique.

It's all on his willingness to learn.
Originally posted by eonblue:

I think he's a stud.

This. Justin Smith came out of college weighing about 265 pounds.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:

I think he's a stud.

This. Justin Smith came out of college weighing about 265 pounds.

Who dare doubts what Baalke and Tomsula sees in Tank. Jimmy T was downright giddy when we pulled the trigger on Tank on draft day so I don't expect anything less than a very productive lineman eventually
This guy was a consensus first round talent and top 15 pick before the injury. If he is healthy enough to play, we have a stud defensive end that is stout against the run and relentless at getting after the football. Hope he helps with the run d, it has been kinda soft this year.

Many of us thought J Smith was a tweener and too small to play every down on a 3/4 line...we were evidently wrong! As for Carradine...we'll just have to wait and see if he is a DE, DT or whatever in the NFL. Everything I've read indicates he will be strong enough to play on the niners line, particularly as they play various sets.

I was also concerned that Gore had maxed out injury wise in college...another really big wrong assumption. The niners drafted this guy in a cheap slot for his talent so it was worth the risk. They also drafted three or four other guys below the slot I had read in many mocks, so I'll let them do the driving and sit back and enjoy!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 1, 2013 at 5:34 AM ]
For all his Baalke's faults finding WR's and speed guys, it would appear he has an eye for big-bodied, physical players and defenders. His record has been pretty good so far so there is no reason to doubt Carradine yet (specially before he even takes the field). My concern with Tank is more injury related than anything, because he appeared to have the talent to be a 1st round pass rusher last season prior to injury.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I know I am asking for too much but I hope Tank turns out to be our own JJ.Watt. Imagine having a player of his caliber creating havoc on the inside with Justin while Aldon(when he's not at rehab or jail) is gunning from the outside and running over tree tall Tackles. That'll be awwwwwssoommee! Gooo Niners!

Would be borderline unethical lol.

That's what I'm crossing my fingers for. Tank is the next JJ Watt! lol. He has fantastic pass rush ability, so hell why not? Come on Tank, I hope you're a straight up beast like Watt.

Watt was selected 11th overall. Tank could have been a top 15 pick, had it not been for being injured. They have similar measurables. Carradine is smaller, but faster and almost as strong. Carradine ran a 4.75 coming off his injury. Prior to his injury he was running in the 4.6 range at 273 pounds He also did 32 reps on the bench press. That is one strong dude, especially considering his long arms. He's a physical freak who also produced in college and showed great pass rush ability. Very wishful thinking, but here's to hoping Tank turns into our own JJ Watt
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Carradine is actually 23 years old. His actual birthday is in 1990, not in 1989 as listed on several sites.

Really? How'd you find that out?

I think Baalke's patience is eventually going to pay off big with Carradine. Fresh Legs!!!
Baalke knows the tape told him that at 40 Tank was a no brainer
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think Baalke's patience is eventually going to pay off big with Carradine. Fresh Legs!!!

not game shape though. if tank can give us 6-8 solid plays this year i take it and be happy. next year though, he is going to be a player. lets just be patient.
Originally posted by KD49ers:
not game shape though. if tank can give us 6-8 solid plays this year i take it and be happy. next year though, he is going to be a player. lets just be patient.

he's had a year off to train and rehab and has said a few weeks ago he feels ready.

he's going to do more than 6-8 plays during this run.
He's going to finish the season with 5.5 sacks
Share 49ersWebzone