There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Matt Miller had Tank Carradine the 5th overall prospect in last year's even with his injury

He also had Reid at #56 and Cyprien #22.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Matt Miller had Tank Carradine the 5th overall prospect in last year's even with his injury

He also had Reid at #56.

I believe that sums it up in emoticon form...oh wait this what I think of those rankings

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He also had Reid at #56.

I mean I love Reid as much as anyone here, but let's neglect the fact that he's playing in a defense that has the best front-7 in the NFL. Who knows how he would've been playing had Jacksonville selected him. 56 might've been a little low, but if I recall correctly not a lot of people had Reid going in the 1st round. Matt Miller knows his s**t, and when he's really high on someone, he's generally right. He's getting me super pumped up for Tank.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I mean I love Reid as much as anyone here, but let's neglect the fact that he's playing in a defense that has the best front-7 in the NFL. Who knows how he would've been playing had Jacksonville selected him. 56 might've been a little low, but if I recall correctly not a lot of people had Reid going in the 1st round. Matt Miller knows his s**t, and when he's really high on someone, he's generally right. He's getting me super pumped up for Tank.

Im not saying your wrong, but the best front 7 in he league hasnt looked like themselves this season with all the injuries and rehabs and such, i really think Reid was really underrated around draft time, or possibly he is the great learner donte, rogers, and other members of the team including harbaugh have said he is.
IF He can be another Ray Mcdonald with a few more sacks...this could be huge..especially if He, Dial, and Aldon can all play well together. Offensive lines will have to really pick their poison...
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Im not saying your wrong, but the best front 7 in he league hasnt looked like themselves this season with all the injuries and rehabs and such, i really think Reid was really underrated around draft time, or possibly he is the great learner donte, rogers, and other members of the team including harbaugh have said he is.

I think Reids mind and study habbits were really undervalued. His mind is what has allowed him to play at such a high level early in his career. He simply sees things in front of him most guys dont have the ability to see this early in their careers.
Not this season.

the front 7 is not getting pressure consistently and not getting sacks and we are not a heavy blitzing team.

Given the qb's we've faced, if Reid was out of position they would throw deep on him. They haven't he's making the secondary play better, Whitner and everyone else. Several times a game the db's look to him to see how they should be playing. Front 7 has nothing to do with that because we've seen when he's out team immediately go deep pass.. or break big screens for touch downs, and everything else. that's not a coincidence.

now imagine how much better he will be and how many more things he can take advantage of if the line gets back aldon and tank pans out and you only have a few moments to make decisions?
Originally posted by SFrush:
Not this season.

This^

I've noticed this year with Reid that QBs tend not throw his way often. I also notice a very big dropoff in the secondary when Reid is out with an injury. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite 49ers..

I disagree. He's been playing with one of the most beat up front 7s in the league. Tony Jerod-Eddie has been his nose tackle for a couple of games. He's had more games without Aldon Smith than he has had with him. This is also the same defense where people were lamenting the fact that we haven't gotten many sacks in the last 5 games. He's been without Patrick Willis for a couple games as well. Give Reid a little credit. I think what he's done this season is more impressive than what Dashon Goldson did last season because Goldson had a healthy Aldon Smith and Justin Smith for the majority of the season, as well as the other studs up front.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I disagree. He's been playing with one of the most beat up front 7s in the league. Tony Jerod-Eddie has been his nose tackle for a couple of games. He's had more games without Aldon Smith than he has had with him. This is also the same defense where people were lamenting the fact that we haven't gotten many sacks in the last 5 games. He's been without Patrick Willis for a couple games as well. Give Reid a little credit. I think what he's done this season is more impressive than what Dashon Goldson did last season because Goldson had a healthy Aldon Smith and Justin Smith for the majority of the season, as well as the other studs up front.

I dont think hes taking any credit away from Reid, like Idaho said I think him being a total playbook worm and picking up the defense along with great mentors really elevated him probably after the draft, and he was only commenting about predictions before the draft. I think Reid is a steal in the draft who may not have been this great until after joining a team like ours, I do disagree though that our front 7 is the reason for his success.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Jesus... Say anything that's not godly praise for a fan favorite and people completely misinterpret what you say... I'm not taking anything away from Reid and I think he's been one of the best rookies from his class. All I'm saying is he was not rated that high in anyones pre-draft boards, so there's no reason to jump all over Matt miller for rating him in the 50s. Whether or not the front 7 has been as dominant this year, it's a fact that he came into a great situation with superstars all around him on defense and learning to play in the NFL with teachers like Willis, Bowman, Smith, Whitner etc.

Why am I arguing this, isn't this a Tank thread?
I know I am asking for too much but I hope Tank turns out to be our own JJ.Watt. Imagine having a player of his caliber creating havoc on the inside with Justin while Aldon(when he's not at rehab or jail) is gunning from the outside and running over tree tall Tackles. That'll be awwwwwssoommee! Gooo Niners!
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I know I am asking for too much but I hope Tank turns out to be our own JJ.Watt. Imagine having a player of his caliber creating havoc on the inside with Justin while Aldon(when he's not at rehab or jail) is gunning from the outside and running over tree tall Tackles. That'll be awwwwwssoommee! Gooo Niners!

Dammit how does the tank thread keep turning into a thread about other rookies and 2nd year players???
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Dammit how does the tank thread keep turning into a thread about other rookies and 2nd year players???
I got 2 words for you. NINER TALK!