There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

VERY smart move to get him fully healed.

Can't wait to see him in action.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
wasnt he originally predicted to be a high first rounder?
This is a really good writeup on Carradine; the author of this article speaks glowingly of him:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-cornellius-tank-carradine-florida-state-223659874--nfl.html

His article ends with this line:
NFL Comparison: Aldon Smith, San Francisco 49ers (if healthy).

So we now have two Aldons. Just kidding. But a lot of people were really high on him coming into the draft.

We really have three, if you count the Lemon man. -Our defensive skill players have enormous arm length. -Our D could rise to #1 by the end of the season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
wasnt he originally predicted to be a high first rounder?
This is a really good writeup on Carradine; the author of this article speaks glowingly of him:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-cornellius-tank-carradine-florida-state-223659874--nfl.html

His article ends with this line:
NFL Comparison: Aldon Smith, San Francisco 49ers (if healthy).

So we now have two Aldons. Just kidding. But a lot of people were really high on him coming into the draft.

We really have three, if you count the Lemon man. -Our defensive skill players have enormous arm length. -Our D could rise to #1 by the end of the season.
i hope Dial works out...if he does, then it will just make 99,96 and Tank that much better
Lets pump the brakes a little bit on the Aldon comparisons guys.
Measureables: Yessss
Skills: Not enough to make any comparisons
Experience: Nope
Potential: Yes, but Depends on work ethic
DUIs/Off-field issues: Hope NOT, Better NOT, Praying NO
this guy should be pretty good baalke is good at drafting defensive players.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i hope Dial works out...if he does, then it will just make 99,96 and Tank that much better

Justin Smith is already on record saying he sees a bit of a nasty streak in Dial so that's a good sign..
Originally posted by xcfan:
does anyone know what his weight is today?

It's still a mystery. They can't figure it out.

Every time he steps onto a scale, the numbers disappear and the scale reads "beast".
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Every time he steps onto a scale, the numbers disappear and the scale reads "beast".

LOL nice
Any one have a idea how he will be used? only passing downs? 3rd downs? every down? with Aldon Smith gone i would like to see him come in only on passing downs for a few weeks then slowly start playing him more downs. What do you guys think?
[ Edited by Raul98 on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

LOL nice

LOL
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It seems like all of baalkes 2nd round pick is money

except mays

which tells you the pick wasn't Baalke and it was Dingleberry i.e. Singletary.
Is he going to play? Aldon seems eternally gone. So we need him.
eternally haha dear lord youre dramatic
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It seems like all of baalkes 2nd round pick is money
except mays

which tells you the pick wasn't Baalke and it was Dingleberry i.e. Singletary.

Pretty sure Mays was Singletary as he said something along the lines of they don't make players like that anymore. I think he was obsessed with his size and measurable even though almost all of us could see to stay away from him. I'm just glad we took him at 49 and not 17 and that we made him a SS not a FS. Gave him the best chance.

Also, another 2nd round pick LaMichael James I want to say could have been Harbaugh's. Harbaugh said after we drafted him how he just tore them up numerous times at Stanford and how he didn't want to face him in the nfl. He had to have him even if it was so he wouldn't have to face him.
I still think lamike has a chance but not given an opportunity. He has to better than kw in returns.