There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Originally posted by xcfan:
does anyone know what his weight is today?

Pretty sure one of the local beat writers reported he's in the 280's. Can't remember which one.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by susweel:
what number is he

95, was 91 in college but of course thats McDonald.

verb, keep in mind he hasn't had any practices (until today) or played in any games so might be too much to expect him to be the #3 DE right off the bat. Could take him some time but you never know he could be off the bat. Won't take much to beat out Dobbs or TJE.

Michael Carter's old number. And Richard Dent's.
So when is Manningham getting activated?
Dude is gonna beast from the start. I'll go conservative and say he'll finish the season with 5 sacks.
wasnt he originally predicted to be a high first rounder?
Not sure here is a picture of him today I believe: His arms and legs look pretty big but he's bent though. Official roster says 273 but thats not accurate. Think thats what he was in college and hes bigger now. I'd say 280-285.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

The team is off until Monday; there are opportunity practices for the bubble guys and backup ups or whoever wants to practice Tues/Wed but I'm sure all the starters skipped it to rest. I would guess we get Manningham, Wright and Moody activated some time this week or at least by Monday. They should practice all next week and I'd guess Mario and Tank play in the Panthers game. Moody and Wright maybe.

Lonewolf, yeah I think as high as top 10-25 or so but then he tore his ACL pretty late in the season and that hurt his stock.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

That what I thought. Does anyone know if Tank would have been ranked higher than Werner had Tank been healthy?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

The team is off until Monday; there are opportunity practices for the bubble guys and backup ups or whoever wants to practice Tues/Wed but I'm sure all the starters skipped it to rest. I would guess we get Manningham, Wright and Moody activated some time this week or at least by Monday. They should practice all next week and I'd guess Mario and Tank play in the Panthers game. Moody and Wright maybe.

Lonewolf, yeah I think as high as top 10-25 or so but then he tore his ACL pretty late in the season and that hurt his stock.

Agree, I'm just not positive about Moody yet though, how many ILBs do we need with Wilholte and Stupar are on the roster and Stupar playing well on STs. Cunningham is now gone, anybody know if he's PS eligible?
dont F with this guy.

Originally posted by thl408:

That what I thought. Does anyone know if Tank would have been ranked higher than Werner had Tank been healthy?

Probably. I think Werner was more hyped going into last year, but Carradine was the one who jumped out on film and was the best player on defense. Tank looked like a top 15-20 pick before the ACL injury.

Uhhhhh...that would be a resounding yes.

Tank was a top 15 prospect before the injury. Werner was propped up because of it. I said throughout the draft process that Werner would be the bust of the first round. He simply did not show that he was a prime time edge guy in college. Solid, yes. Prime time, no.

yes, supposedly top 15 or 10 talent before injury
I though so. Hopefully he turns out to be a steal and can play close to Justins standards.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Do you guys think he's getting activated because we have little depth or because he is showing promise in practice? Or a little of both?

they picked him 40th overall, they obviously think something of him. i believe they took it slow with him and now the time they had kind of ear marked for him. basically allowed another dude to stay employed for half a year.

The place he is picked doesn't have bearing about what they think of him now. Just like they saw somthing in Jenkins and James, but they were inactive for a long time. They got called up only due to injuries.

So i was wondering if Tank's activation is due to our injuries ala Jenkins or is he showing something ala Reid. Maybe both.

Well Jenkins and James were inactive on game days but they were on the 53-man. Putting Tank on the 53-man roster doesn't mean he'll be active on Sunday. But I do hope they see something in him now.

Gotcha. Thank makes sense.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home