LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Agreed I hope he resigns.
Originally posted by jcs:
"Carradine's weight hovered around 300 pounds to take on the demands of being a 3-4 defensive lineman. Now, he is down to 270 pounds, which is closer to his ideal playing weight. Carradine does not have a contract for next season, but he made it clear he wants to return and make a mark under the direction of a coaching staff that has finally figured out how to utilize his style of play.

"I want to be here. I love it here," Carradine said. "But I don't know what's going to happen. I've only played five games this year and I didn't get to show a whole lot.
"But, hopefully, I can finish strong these last couple of games and come back next year and play because I love this scheme. I'd love to come back next year and play for the 49ers. If not, I have to move on and try to go to a team with a scheme that fits me."

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/tank-carradine-finally-49ers-system-fits-his-style

I hope they resign him...the best teams don't just have 4 great starters but a whole stable of guys to rotate in and out. Tank could be one of those guys easy.

It's going to be tough for him. I think Saleh is having a good problem at Big End.

He has so many freaking players who can not only play 5-6T on the strong side but play it well and it's especially easier when you've got a 265-270 pound SAM next to you helping you seal that edge and making the play or forcing the action back inside.

Right now it's a toss up between who's better between Tank and Douzable. Both are excellent at the POA and can add some modest pass rush too.

But then again, Armstead can play there and Thomas at 276-286 as well esp. given their experience playing end in the 3-4.

Buckner would be dominant there.

Is Saleh's goal to move Thomas there full time once we get a real every-down LEO who's just as effective in the run game as pass? Buckner?

Or stay with Tank or Douzable there?

Tank/Douzable - Mitchell - Buckner - LEO

...then what to do with Thomas? Or if he wants Thomas at 3T, move Buckner to BE?

Tough call and everyone seems to have differing opinions.
Just bad luck on the injury. Finally has his chance this year— injured after 4 games. Hope he can show his talent the next few games. Good luck
Think we can only keep one out of Tank/AA. I say re-sign Tank and trade AA.
I don't see much... this guy hss sucked. I haven't seen anythibg to be excited about. Guessing I'm in the wrong but I'll go with what ive seen.
Tank is junk hopefully we're smart and dont bring him back
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Think we can only keep one out of Tank/AA. I say re-sign Tank and trade AA.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Tank is junk hopefully we're smart and dont bring him back

5 years, maybe 5-10 good plays?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

All this season when his talent is finally used properly. I think we resign him, he's going to be cheap and he's great against the run.

I hope they resign him...the best teams don't just have 4 great starters but a whole stable of guys to rotate in and out. Tank could be one of those guys easy.

While I agree that more than 4 guys are needed the team can survive without resigning Carradine. There are plenty of guys that can probably do what he does and produce better. The D- line is void of a pass rusher and there are plenty of guys that can play inside and outside along the line. I would make resigning Marsh a higher priority. As is the D- line will have:

Thomas
Buckner
Mitchell
Armstead
Dumervil
Day
DJ Jones
Blair III

Plenty of depth along the D- line already. That is an area of strength the only improvement has to come from a pure pass rusher.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

While I agree that more than 4 guys are needed the team can survive without resigning Carradine. There are plenty of guys that can probably do what he does and produce better. The D- line is void of a pass rusher and there are plenty of guys that can play inside and outside along the line. I would make resigning Marsh a higher priority. As is the D- line will have:

Thomas
Buckner
Mitchell
Armstead
Dumervil
Day
DJ Jones
Blair III

Plenty of depth along the D- line already. That is an area of strength the only improvement has to come from a pure pass rusher.

Resign them both...training camp and preseason roster needs bodies.
He's a free agent? Thank goodness!!! Finally, this team can get a decent DE.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

All this season when his talent is finally used properly. I think we resign him, he's going to be cheap and he's great against the run.

Good call!
Originally posted by Niner4ever:

Thomas
Buckner
Mitchell
Armstead
Dumervil
Day
DJ Jones
Blair III

Resign them both...training camp and preseason roster needs bodies.
There are hundreds of unsigned guys that can do what Tank has done the last 5 years. Move on from failed projects.
Share 49ersWebzone