LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So now that he practiced today (opportunity practice for backup or whoever wants to practice... team is off until Monday officially) we have 21 days to activate him or send him to IR if he isn't ready. So my guess is he can practice all he wants but as soon as we officially activate him and put him on the 53 man roster we have to cut someone. So if we wanted we could still wait until like a few days until after week 12 to activate him. I think that is only for the NFI guys like Wright, Carradine, Dial and Lattimore (hurt in college counts as none football injury). I'm confused too though... Manningham has practice and he was on PUP not NFI and we haven't cut someone for him. The NFL rules are very complicated. Either way by week 12 or so we should see Manningham, Tank, Wright, Moody and Crabtree all active and 5 cuts to go along with it. Some of those guys could play against Carolina.

And there goes mine and others theory on Cunningham staying until Aldon came back. Thought he would be the backup guy in case Skuta or Lemonier got hurt.

ummmmm, please refer to reply #443
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Do you guys think he's getting activated because we have little depth or because he is showing promise in practice? Or a little of both?

they picked him 40th overall, they obviously think something of him. i believe they took it slow with him and now the time they had kind of ear marked for him. basically allowed another dude to stay employed for half a year.

The place he is picked doesn't have bearing about what they think of him now. Just like they saw somthing in Jenkins and James, but they were inactive for a long time. They got called up only due to injuries.

So i was wondering if Tank's activation is due to our injuries ala Jenkins or is he showing something ala Reid. Maybe both.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
Do you guys think he's getting activated because we have little depth or because he is showing promise in practice? Or a little of both?

Mostly because he's looked good in practice. He's been fully participating in practice for a couple weeks now. It's the perfect time to activate him during the bye. He'll be well prepared for Carolina.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM ]

they picked him 40th overall, they obviously think something of him. i believe they took it slow with him and now the time they had kind of ear marked for him. basically allowed another dude to stay employed for half a year.

The place he is picked doesn't have bearing about what they think of him now. Just like they saw somthing in Jenkins and James, but they were inactive for a long time. They got called up only due to injuries.

So i was wondering if Tank's activation is due to our injuries ala Jenkins or is he showing something ala Reid. Maybe both.

jenkins blew chunks, but right from jump street is was expected he be essentially red-shirted. maiocco and barrows both hit on that before his 1st training camp last year. maiocco had said this offseason they envisioned tank playing an aldon smith type role in his rookie season in terms of getting in there on obvious passing down to rush the qb. sorry i just dont think thats a good comparison.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
what number is he
I think activating him is different than James and Jenkins. Not only are we thin at DL, but it is the bye week. It is perfectly timed to get him acclimated and see what he brings to the roster. We will know by the game against Carolina if they think something more of him depending on his PT. Right now, I don't think he will play much, if at all.

Well Jenkins and James were inactive on game days but they were on the 53-man. Putting Tank on the 53-man roster doesn't mean he'll be active on Sunday. But I do hope they see something in him now.
So will Carradine sub for McDonald and Cowboy?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
AdamSchefter:
Adam Schefter49ers activated DT Tank Carradine from the team's Reserve/NFI List and waived LB Jermaine Cunningham.
Originally posted by susweel:
what number is he

95, was 91 in college but of course thats McDonald.

verb, keep in mind he hasn't had any practices (until today) or played in any games so might be too much to expect him to be the #3 DE right off the bat. Could take him some time but you never know he could be off the bat. Won't take much to beat out Dobbs or TJE.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]

• xcfan
  • Veteran
does anyone know what his weight is today?
Originally posted by verb1der:
So will Carradine sub for McDonald and Cowboy?

I do believe him & Dial are active because they can play, but also because we are thin on DL & our guys need rest too.
Originally posted by xcfan:
does anyone know what his weight is today?

Pretty sure one of the local beat writers reported he's in the 280's. Can't remember which one.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by susweel:
what number is he

95, was 91 in college but of course thats McDonald.

verb, keep in mind he hasn't had any practices (until today) or played in any games so might be too much to expect him to be the #3 DE right off the bat. Could take him some time but you never know he could be off the bat. Won't take much to beat out Dobbs or TJE.

Michael Carter's old number. And Richard Dent's.
So when is Manningham getting activated?
Share 49ersWebzone