There are 148 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Sweet, Tank will be first to be activated!!

I'm excited about this guy!

Does that mean no ManningHam this next game?

no it just means tank will be the first one to activated. not the last one

That doesn't make sense
well at least we got some news today!
if Tank is fully healed he's gonna be a beast. this guy was awesome in school. hopefully aldon is back soon and they can have a race to the qb on every snap
Tank activated Cunningham cut official
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Tank activated Cunningham cut official

Let's temper expectations a bit. He's had no training camp and limited practice reps. Expect to see him here and there, like Dial is being used.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Let's temper expectations a bit. He's had no training camp and limited practice reps. Expect to see him here and there, like Dial is being used.

Agreed. I think that is going to be the case with any guy brought back into the fold to end the season. The only guys I think could have positive impact right away are Crabtree and Manningham. If Aldon is not suspended by the league, then that is obvious too.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Tank activated

Unleash!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u guys getting all hard for nothing.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys getting all hard for nothing.

This from a man with Boner in his name.
So now that he practiced today (opportunity practice for backup or whoever wants to practice... team is off until Monday officially) we have 21 days to activate him or send him to IR if he isn't ready. So my guess is he can practice all he wants but as soon as we officially activate him and put him on the 53 man roster we have to cut someone. So if we wanted we could still wait until like a few days until after week 12 to activate him. I think that is only for the NFI guys like Wright, Carradine, Dial and Lattimore (hurt in college counts as none football injury). I'm confused too though... Manningham has practice and he was on PUP not NFI and we haven't cut someone for him. The NFL rules are very complicated. Either way by week 12 or so we should see Manningham, Tank, Wright, Moody and Crabtree all active and 5 cuts to go along with it. Some of those guys could play against Carolina.

And there goes mine and others theory on Cunningham staying until Aldon came back. Thought he would be the backup guy in case Skuta or Lemonier got hurt. Carradine is officially on the roster and Cunningham isn't listed.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So now that he practiced today (opportunity practice for backup or whoever wants to practice... team is off until Monday officially) we have 21 days to activate him or send him to IR if he isn't ready. So my guess is he can practice all he wants but as soon as we officially activate him and put him on the 53 man roster we have to cut someone. So if we wanted we could still wait until like a few days until after week 12 to activate him. I think that is only for the NFI guys like Wright, Carradine, Dial and Lattimore (hurt in college counts as none football injury). I'm confused too though... Manningham has practice and he was on PUP not NFI and we haven't cut someone for him. The NFL rules are very complicated. Either way by week 12 or so we should see Manningham, Tank, Wright, Moody and Crabtree all active and 5 cuts to go along with it. Some of those guys could play against Carolina.

he just got activated. cunningham cut.
Do you guys think he's getting activated because we have little depth or because he is showing promise in practice? Or a little of both?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Do you guys think he's getting activated because we have little depth or because he is showing promise in practice? Or a little of both?

they picked him 40th overall, they obviously think something of him. i believe they took it slow with him and now the time they had kind of ear marked for him. basically allowed another dude to stay employed for half a year.
Share 49ersWebzone