LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I think he is going to do well at whatever position he gets put at, the guy actually looked better than Werner when you watch the game film from his college days.

I liked both Tank and Werner, but yeah... not at all something to be concerned about at this point.
This isnt a set in stone thing. I mean picture this if you will.

Carradine- Smith- McDonald- A Smith

On passing downs tis dumb.

He can still rotate in for RayMac and Cowboy and ultimately this may be his primary job.

Putting Tank on the edge takes snaps away from Lemons and we dont need to do that.

For some reason I feel like starting Tank in his college position would instantly produce the sack.

It takes a technician to work inside and I dont think Tank has had enough time with Tom.

Who knows if that even matters tho.
Seems like they might work Carradine in sort of like they did Aldon Smith his first year except he would be substituting for McDonald or Justin Smith on passing downs. It would simplify his reads initially and let him use his fresh legs to crash the pocket hard while giving McDonald and Justin Smith a nice breather.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Seems like they might work Carradine in sort of like they did Aldon Smith his first year except he would be substituting for McDonald or Justin Smith on passing downs. It would simplify his reads initially and let him use his fresh legs to crash the pocket hard while giving McDonald and Justin Smith a nice breather.

I'd rather have RayMac and Smith in for passing downs and Carradine for running downs as a sub in.
I have hopes for Carradine but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. He may not come in and be an instant contribution.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Had not read anything on it, but Tank was drafted at 276 lbs.. which is heavier than Justin Smith when he came to SF. I agree that he would be best suited as a 4-3 DE getting around the edge or inside on stunts. I think he has the frame to add some weight, but yeah.. being used inside as a 3-4 DE could take away from his skills.

... but hey, I didn't expect Justin to become a dominant 3-4 End either... so I will easily defer to the greatness of Jim Tomsula.

I think he is going to do well at whatever position he gets put at, the guy actually looked better than Werner when you watch the game film from his college days.

So weird to have so many injured draftees who may be super stars once healthy...nice work Baalke! Lattimore and Carradine could be eventual replacements for two current all pros...Gore and J Smith.
I want a 3rd down package that consists of Justin, Aldon, Corey, Ahmad and Tank, all standing and rushing the passer. It will never happen but one can dream.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Oct 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
I want a 3rd down package that consists of Justin, Aldon, Corey, Ahmad and Tank, all standing and rushing the passer. It will never happen but one can dream.

As long as I'm not the QB it's fine with me! Would be fun!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Had not read anything on it, but Tank was drafted at 276 lbs.. which is heavier than Justin Smith when he came to SF. I agree that he would be best suited as a 4-3 DE getting around the edge or inside on stunts. I think he has the frame to add some weight, but yeah.. being used inside as a 3-4 DE could take away from his skills.

... but hey, I didn't expect Justin to become a dominant 3-4 End either... so I will easily defer to the greatness of Jim Tomsula.

So weird to have so many injured draftees who may be super stars once healthy...nice work Baalke! Lattimore and Carradine could be eventual replacements for two current all pros...Gore and J Smith.

True that, after we had hit 1-2 there where many hating how we drafted so many injured! Looks like baalke n harbs prooved right on this. Thankfully so, we can use the added depth on dline. Once tank gets activated who is the odd man out tho. Tje, dobbs, dial is a keeper he was just activated! Or do we let go of namdi? Kinda see us keeping namndi just in case as insurance for pkayoffs idk. Gonne be gettin interesting very soon here ladies n gentleman
When is this "Tank" dude supposed to play?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
A 4 man rush consisting of a combination of McDonald (DT), Smith (DT), Brooks (DE), A. Smith (DE), Carradine (DE/DT), and Lemonier (DE). That's 3 DTs and 4 DEs rotating along the defensive line...increasing the effectiveness throughout the game.

Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing Dial in there playing the role of Justin Smith - taking on a double team to set up a stunt for Aldon/Brooks/Lemonier.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
When is this "Tank" dude supposed to play?

He'll be activated after the bye or they have to put him on IR. Once activated I find it hard to believe he won't dress.

Poor Cam gunna be running for his life that game. Aldon will probably be active as well by then.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
the tank of last season was a tweener as a nfl prospect. he needs to be either 265 or 295 for the nfl. for us, 295. gaining 20 lbs over last season is doable. livin' in the weight room and pushing heavy iron will make it happen. just gotta do it.
Originally posted by GEEK:
A 4 man rush consisting of a combination of McDonald (DT), Smith (DT), Brooks (DE), A. Smith (DE), Carradine (DE/DT), and Lemonier (DE). That's 3 DTs and 4 DEs rotating along the defensive line...increasing the effectiveness throughout the game.

Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing Dial in there playing the role of Justin Smith - taking on a double team to set up a stunt for Aldon/Brooks/Lemonier.

I just had that epiphany as well

Just the fact that we'd get Tank and Aldon back would be insane.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by GEEK:

I just had that epiphany as well

Just the fact that we'd get Tank and Aldon back would be insane.

And the most important part, assuming that all goes to plan: FRESH LEGS!

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Oct 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone