There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners select Tank Carradine

Originally posted by matt49er:
He says he's ready to play, do u guys think he will be activated as soon as he's eligible week7?

Tank seems to hope so, hes learned alot from Justin and Ray but thinks the only way to understand game pace is by actually playing real game time.
Originally posted by matt49er:
He says he's ready to play, do u guys think he will be activated as soon as he's eligible week7?

It will depend on how the backup DEs are playing at the moment. I hope he can outperform Dobbs on the depth chart. If he does suit up and play it will be quite a shock for his body. No camp practices, no exhibition, just right into a playoff chase.
[ Edited by thl408 on Oct 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM ]
He has to work in slowly.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Let him play a little against tennessee and let him start against Jax, starting against jacksonville should work him in slowly
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Let him play a little against tennessee and let him start against Jax, starting against jacksonville should work him in slowly

TEN has CJ2K and Delanie wham blocking though. Oh well, guess we have to give the rook some exposure especially vs JAC

Letting him get some reps in London vs. Jags should simulate defensive drills in TC.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Is there a definitive answer on whether Carradine will be playing DE or OLB? Watching his highlight reel and from his quotes from his pro day, it seems like he is more suited to play OLB in a 3-4. The kid has some impressive speed and seems to explode off of the ball and get after the QB. His forte seems to be rushing passer from the outside, and I'm not sure how taking up blockers as a 3-4 DE is going to suit him. Either way, I'm excited to see what he can do on the field.
Originally posted by irief:
Is there a definitive answer on whether Carradine will be playing DE or OLB? Watching his highlight reel and from his quotes from his pro day, it seems like he is more suited to play OLB in a 3-4. The kid has some impressive speed and seems to explode off of the ball and get after the QB. His forte seems to be rushing passer from the outside, and I'm not sure how taking up blockers as a 3-4 DE is going to suit him. Either way, I'm excited to see what he can do on the field.

Baalke said he'd be a DE on draft day. I haven't heard any different since then. Also, in the photos from practice the other day it looks like he's put on some beef.

From reports he looks to be the back up to justin 94! He put on some bulk as well. No links so dont have to take from me tho lol
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Baalke said he'd be a DE on draft day. I haven't heard any different since then. Also, in the photos from practice the other day it looks like he's put on some beef.

This what i've read n seen as well!

Heard he's up to 284, which would put him in ideal size for this system.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

TEN has CJ2K and Delanie wham blocking though. Oh well, guess we have to give the rook some exposure especially vs JAC

Dont remember did delanie do any whams on us!? I know we got ahead quick n they turned away from the run
Hopefully he plays after the bye week, against Carolina. I'm flying in from Vancouver, Canada to watch that game!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Heard he's up to 284, which would put him in ideal size for this system.

And it's a terrifyingly chiseled 284.

I think he could plat OLB in the 4-2 which is basically DE. He played on the edge on college and he was a beast.