LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Baalke is a effing moron. Fire this dips**t NAO! Now he's extending ACL players who are worthless and shown nothing. What an idiot. Fire York. Promote Gamble YESTERDAY!

How'd I do guys?

sounds about right

I'm happy to have him for another year.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Baalke is a effing moron. Fire this dips**t NAO! Now he's extending ACL players who are worthless and shown nothing. What an idiot. Fire York. Promote Gamble YESTERDAY!

How'd I do guys?

sounds about right

Sweet...I'm in the cool crowd now. LOL

For real...very smart move. He's showing to be very disruptive already this pre season and showing upside as an edge rusher. If he keeps this up all season, he'd cost a ton. This gives us a full year to evaluate him, keep him motivated and if he does outstanding, he's going to get paid a TON!

How'd I do guys?

sounds about right

For real...very smart move. He's showing to be very disruptive already this pre season and showing upside as an edge rusher. If he keeps this up all season, he'd cost a ton. This gives us a full year to evaluate him, keep him motivated and if he does outstanding, he's going to get paid a TON!
if he comes out and plays decent it is a win if i struggles he gets another offseason to learn the position and if he comes out and just plain kills it we have an off season to work on a longer contract. In my opinion smart move
Almost seems like we try to purposely undervalue our drafted players their first couple of years in terms of playing success so that we can sign them cheap during their prime years.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
congrats?

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Tank will be the most improved player on the team. Followed by hopefully Vance or Patton on offense.

sad thing is he'll finally live up to his potential then leave
Hopefully he'll be a contributor on our next run of success, though that will depend somewhat on how quickly we can find the QB and offensive weapons of the future.

Don't be surprised if he gets an extension a couple days before the opener.
This comment had some foresight.

How'd I do guys?

Not bad. Needs more vitriol. I give it a solid "B", lol!
K
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Should have signed him to a 6 year, 120 with 70 guaranteed.

With the Two Towers(TM) disrupting the middle Tank should see plenty of one on one's. I hope he's been practicing his slide sack.

Originally posted by mojave45:

How'd I do guys?

Not bad. Needs more vitriol. I give it a solid "B", lol!

You're right. I need to add more venom. I'll work on that one!
With the heavy investment in Tank (time, coaching, resources) this is a smart move. One year deal and see what he can do. Would be a shame to invest this much and see him leave at the end of the year if he played solid.

How'd I do guys?

sounds about right

yeah if he has a stellar year, he could be the long term replacement for Brooks.
good insurance if he does play well
Good extension. He deserves another year to prove himself. It's not his fault that our coaching staff failed to find the right position for him and that Baalke drafted a 4-3 DE for a 3-4 defense.

Excited to see how our pass rush looks later in the season. Lynch, Buckner, Armstead, Brooks, and Carradine could be a fierce pass rush.
Share 49ersWebzone