There are 163 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tank will be the most improved player on the team. Followed by hopefully Vance or Patton on offense.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Tank will be the most improved player on the team. Followed by hopefully Vance or Patton on offense.

Agree

Followed by Trent Brown on ofense.

Like the call on Vance.
Tank&R2 gonna bring out that FLA fire week 1. Gonna be a good matchup VS Greg Rob, I think he can take him. Also Rams LG was a 6th rounder last year and their C was undrafted in same draft. We should be able to get through their OL. Keenum is short, with injury to Dial it looks like AA&Buckner will start. Look at their OL(anyone have actual updated player analysis of their OL?)
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

sad thing is he'll finally live up to his potential then leave
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matguy87:
Yea, I think his run defense problems have almost all been from him peaking inside too early while being the edge contain. I don't think its from him getting over powered or having bad technique. I've actually been very impressed with his strength and power at setting the edge. He's definitely shown he can be good at this.

I think as he learns he will get a better feel for when he just needs to hold the edge and when he can shoot inside and make a run stop.

his run defensive issues stem from being over aggressive, he must realize his job is to set the edge and let his teammates flow to the ball

beyond that there has been no issues with his transition to olb
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Hopefully he'll be a contributor on our next run of success, though that will depend somewhat on how quickly we can find the QB and offensive weapons of the future.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Hopefully he'll be a contributor on our next run of success, though that will depend somewhat on how quickly we can find the QB and offensive weapons of the future.

Don't be surprised if he gets an extension a couple days before the opener.
  • thl408
Originally posted by matguy87:
Yea, I think his run defense problems have almost all been from him peaking inside too early while being the edge contain. I don't think its from him getting over powered or having bad technique. I've actually been very impressed with his strength and power at setting the edge. He's definitely shown he can be good at this.

I think as he learns he will get a better feel for when he just needs to hold the edge and when he can shoot inside and make a run stop.

his run defensive issues stem from being over aggressive, he must realize his job is to set the edge and let his teammates flow to the ball

beyond that there has been no issues with his transition to olb

I agree that his issues are from being undisciplined with gap control. I see him dominating TE run blocks which is a must for any 3-4 OLB that wants to be a good run defender. Strength will not be an issue for him as an OLB imo. His issues are going to be his footspeed when he drops into coverage and his ability to make an open field tackle.
Looks like Trent baalkes acl team is looking a lot better than it was. And his draft picks in tank and Vance look to be solid now and could be very good second round picks by years end.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Looks like Trent baalkes acl team is looking a lot better than it was. And his draft picks in tank and Vance look to be solid now and could be very good second round picks by years end.

I think we should lock them up both right now w/3 or 4 year extensions. I believe youre spot on bro DiMaggio.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I think we should lock them up both right now w/3 or 4 year extensions. I believe youre spot on bro DiMaggio.

And you are too. If we lock them up now for three or 4 million a year instead of at the end of the year when they want 5 6 or 7 million if they do well. It would be smart so I bet our front office will extend them mid season so we can get them on a cheaper extension. We did this with a Davis and staley as well as others.
I hoped for Tank to do well but it never materialized, that's about to change. He gets down low in his pass rush with power, he's going to be nightmare for opposing teams this year.
Tank will be the most dangerous when we have a lead and other teams have to pass. Pass-rushing is what he knows. Playing the run is a clear weakness. I don't know how long it'll be before he becomes a consistent run defender, if he'll ever get there, but getting to the quarterback is his forte.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 30, 2016 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Hopefully as the starting DL takes part it helps his some. Didn't notice too much but glad he's won the job. Blair can play run downs as well if he slips.

When DeFo and Armstead collapse that pocket, Tank will have plenty opportunities to get the QB.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yeah but Lynch is fat. Dude looked a little lumbering.

Can you blame him? Mentally he's still in offseason mode.
Share 49ersWebzone