LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by 9moon:
IT WILL BE .... between CLUELESS TANK or THE LEMON MAN !!

So Tank wins easy....I mean he's played well this preseason.

Lemon will be cut. Playing with 3rd/4th string in the 4th QTR and still not making plays!?!
Excited about what Carradine can do as a edge rusher once the real games start. I just wish he was used in this role sooner.

I saw him double teamed quite a few times throughout the game, and he still found a way to get pressure. He still has work to do as a run defender, doesn't seem like he always understands his responsibility, but he was drafted as a pass rusher and that skill is at a premium.

Put him on the field with Armstead, Buckner, and Lynch when he gets back. We might actually have a pass rush this year.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Excited about what Carradine can do as a edge rusher once the real games start. I just wish he was used in this role sooner.

I saw him double teamed quite a few times throughout the game, and he still found a way to get pressure. He still has work to do as a run defender, doesn't seem like he always understands his responsibility, but he was drafted as a pass rusher and that skill is at a premium.

Put him on the field with Armstead, Buckner, and Lynch when he gets back. We might actually have a pass rush this year.

That's why I'm not trying to get too greedy. I'm confident Blair can play run downs if come week1 with all our starters(DL more so) Tank shows he's a liability in the run game. Maybe to his credit he's trying to contain a certain gap and the S/CB had the outer responsibility on those particular plays? If I sound dumb, I'm just guessing lol.
I think our front 7 will be really good this year. Offense just needs to carry it's weight for once.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
That's why I'm not trying to get too greedy. I'm confident Blair can play run downs if come week1 with all our starters(DL more so) Tank shows he's a liability in the run game. Maybe to his credit he's trying to contain a certain gap and the S/CB had the outer responsibility on those particular plays? If I sound dumb, I'm just guessing lol.

Good thing is the depth on the front 7 is decent, so we have some options. Don't need all these guys to be the 3-down players, probably only Dial and Armstead will be asked to do that from the d-line.

Carradine at the very least should be a 3rd down pass rusher. Paired with Lynch and Armstead/Buckner on the interior is looking pretty good.

Early downs we're probably looking at Dial--Purcell/Dorsey-Armstead..at least to start the season.

I wish we had Ian Williams healthy, his loss is a big one imo. Hopefully Dial/Dorsey/Purcell/G.Smith can hold down the position. NT is a position you can find a big body and get by.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM ]

Agree. Not sure why he wasn't used this way right away, but hope he makes the best of it
10+ sacks for him this year
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This might be too early to say this but I hope we resign him now while it's on the cheap because if he reaches what his potential has shown so far he might be costing us too much down the road. He was clearly one of the the most disruptive players out there last night and I don't see that changing once the season starts.
[ Edited by jcs on Aug 27, 2016 at 4:52 PM ]

Imagine...Lynch/Armstead/Blair/Buckner/Carradine on passing downs! Blair and Buckner are very good at penetrating and Carradine is much better at getting to the QB than any OLB we had last year except for Lynch, who had a difficult time finishing at times. Who are they going to double team?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Imagine...Lynch/Armstead/Blair/Buckner/Carradine on passing downs! Blair and Buckner are very good at penetrating and Carradine is much better at getting to the QB than any OLB we had last year except for Lynch, who had a difficult time finishing at times. Who are they going to double team?

Can't wait for the season to start.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Tank said he weighs 275, once lynch returns the Niners will have two of the heaviest olbs in the league
With two 6'7 monsters inside
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Tank said he weighs 275, once lynch returns the Niners will have two of the heaviest olbs in the league

Yeah but Lynch is fat. Dude looked a little lumbering.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yeah but Lynch is fat. Dude looked a little lumbering.

Good thing he has an extra 4 weeks to get in shape.

Yea, I think his run defense problems have almost all been from him peaking inside too early while being the edge contain. I don't think its from him getting over powered or having bad technique. I've actually been very impressed with his strength and power at setting the edge. He's definitely shown he can be good at this.

I think as he learns he will get a better feel for when he just needs to hold the edge and when he can shoot inside and make a run stop.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

I'll add Tank/Lynch have monster hands and long ass arms
Share 49ersWebzone