There are 253 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
With JoN using 4-3 fronts from time to time, I can see Tank being an edge rusher with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE, just like how he played in college.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
This could actually go down the same way Lynch got his big break. Lynch stood out while Aldon was suspended and earned the time that put Brooks down in the rotation once Aldon was back. A large difference is tat Harold and Carradine will both be looking to make that statement, so we have a decent chance that one of them could make some noise.

Could be some silver lining here. Plus, now, Harold and Carradine will have a full off season to PREPARE as a starter vs. something like an in-season injury and it even opens up the door for an outside-looking-in player like Marcus Rush or Jason Fanaika too. Who knows. Next man up! And thank God it's only temporary. More than anything, I hope this is a major wake-up call for Lynch.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Things have defiantly turned for tank

fa year and hes about to get a lot of playing time, its time for him to shine.

Agreed. And with O'Neil, he should get a lot of opportunities to just pin his ears back and edge rush.

THIS is what I was hoping for when we drafted him!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tank now has every opportunity to show he can be a starter at OLB now. We need him to be, so Brooks can stay a backup.

This could actually go down the same way Lynch got his big break. Lynch stood out while Aldon was suspended and earned the time that put Brooks down in the rotation once Aldon was back. A large difference is tat Harold and Carradine will both be looking to make that statement, so we have a decent chance that one of them could make some noise.

God Call!

This is a Golden Opportunity for Tank to light it up!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Tank now has every opportunity to show he can be a starter at OLB now. We need him to be, so Brooks can stay a backup.

God Call!

Please don't say, "light it up."

God Call!

Sorry, bad timing, but that was funny.

God Call!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I still think that Tank can not play the OLB position.. he's more of a DE under the 4-3 scheme..
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I still think that Tank can not play the OLB position.. he's more of a DE under the 4-3 scheme..

your going to be surprised how athletic he is under 270 pounds, hes more athletic then any olb on this roster. he has cat like agility, harold has a quicker step but stiffer hips
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Andre Carter was a very athletic DE who played at the 270s under NOLAN... A year later, he was released because he's just not a NATURAL OLB...

Leonard Little
Andre Carter
Peter Boulwaire
Dwight Freeney
Mario Williams
Jedeveon Clowney

All athletic DEs, but would never cut it as an OLB..
Andre Carter was a very athletic DE who played at the 270s under NOLAN... A year later, he was released because he's just not a NATURAL OLB...

Leonard Little
Andre Carter
Peter Boulwaire
Dwight Freeney
Mario Williams
Jedeveon Clowney

Freeney had 8 sacks in 11 games last season as a OLB for zona

Unnm, last I looked Brooks is a starter, and would remain a starter regardless if Lynch is on the roster or not. I know many here wanna see Brooks gone, and have been for the last few seasons. But Brooks has been a mainstay, very good against the run and a very consistent pass rusher, maybe not Von Miller but at least consistent. Plus hes been pretty durable and reliable. This far Eli and Tank have been, for all intent and purpose, projects. So unless Tank and/or Eli can prove to be at least as good as Brooks, Brooks won't be going anywhere any time soon, no matter how expensive he is, and will remain a starter.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Leonard Little
Andre Carter
Peter Boulwaire
Dwight Freeney
Mario Williams
Jedeveon Clowney

Wasn't Boulware an OLB? Not sure if he was a DE in college, but I remember him being pretty good as a linebacker for the Ravens.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Unnm, last I looked Brooks is a starter, and would remain a starter regardless if Lynch is on the roster or not. I know many here wanna see Brooks gone, and have been for the last few seasons. But Brooks has been a mainstay, very good against the run and a very consistent pass rusher, maybe not Von Miller but at least consistent. Plus hes been pretty durable and reliable. This far Eli and Tank have been, for all intent and purpose, projects. So unless Tank and/or Eli can prove to be at least as good as Brooks, Brooks won't be going anywhere any time soon, no matter how expensive he is, and will remain a starter.

Brooks will be starting i'm guessing but he hasn't been a mainstay at all....his production has gone down every year since 2012. He had a combined 35 QB pressures last year ( Lynch had almost double that). He hasn't graded + as a pass rusher since 2013 according to PFF.

There is zero reasons to have him on the team after this year...he's simply not worth his contract and the only reason he's still there is because we have a ton of space.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
your going to be surprised how athletic he is under 270 pounds, hes more athletic then any olb on this roster. he has cat like agility, harold has a quicker step but stiffer hips

This. It's funny, Tank was a speed rusher who was built like a monster, and Harold was a power rusher who was really fast, but too light to transition his game to the NFL as a rookie. Now they both weight the same.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Leonard Little
Andre Carter
Peter Boulwaire
Dwight Freeney
Mario Williams
Jedeveon Clowney

8 sacks?? and???
Share 49ersWebzone