LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If we are going to lose this needs to be a full on evaluation year. If Tank plays better and holds down the spot we can cross off DE early. But we need to know either way.

This is what I want.
Tiller
Brown
AA
Tank
DJ
Reaser
Ward
Tarrt
White
Hayne

They all need to get significant playing time. Having some of them turn into legitimate players would be huge for the draft strategy.

Reid is still young. I wouldn't move the safety's yet. I would activate Skov just to see. Bench TJE and give Purcell some reps.
Offer him to Minnesota for Patterson. They run a 4-3.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Offer him to Minnesota for Patterson. They run a 4-3.

like I said keep him on the squad just so he can persuade Von Miller to come in FA
Tank has done ok, but hasn't played enough where you can really evaluate him. And its year 3. He should be a regular member of the rotation, bare minimum.
My God Acker is awful. Ward, DJ, AA and Tank absolutely need to see more playing time. It's pretty pathetic they are getting so little. Especially when guys like TJE and Acker are blowing chunks

Lets keep in mind that PFF numbers are all over the place. Eli threw for like 500 yards on Sunday and they gave him a -2.5 rating for the game.

I certainly wouldnt take them as gospel truth or act like coaches are even remotely thinking the same things.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
My God Acker is awful. Ward, DJ, AA and Tank absolutely need to see more playing time. It's pretty pathetic they are getting so little. Especially when guys like TJE and Acker are blowing chunks

Lets keep in mind that PFF numbers are all over the place. Eli threw for like 500 yards on Sunday and they gave him a -2.5 rating for the game.

I certainly wouldnt take them as gospel truth or act like coaches are even remotely thinking the same things.

I don't get it when it comes to coaches who force their scheme. They just don't see it. Fans have been pointing out the obvious misuse of offensive personnel to maximize the results and we are finally seeing this happen this year. Now our defensive coach is force-feeding scheme over talent and I really don't think Mangini is thinking anything but the fact that he pats himself on the back when he sees the lines he draws on the paper and how genius it looks.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't get it when it comes to coaches who force their scheme. They just don't see it. Fans have been pointing out the obvious misuse of offensive personnel to maximize the results and we are finally seeing this happen this year. Now our defensive coach is force-feeding scheme over talent and I really don't think Mangini is thinking anything but the fact that he pats himself on the back when he sees the lines he draws on the paper and how genius it looks.

The issue with Mangini is that he is trying to run a defense that he doesnt have the personnel for. Guys are being under-utilized because they are bad scheme fits.

I agree that a good coach will coach for the personnel he has, not the personnel he wishes he had. Fangio did a good job adjusting for the players he did have, calling a defense geared towards the strength of his players.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 13, 2015 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

The issue with Mangini is that he is trying to run a defense that he doesnt have the personnel for. Guys are being under-utilized because they are bad scheme fits.

I agree that a good coach will coach for the personnel he has, not the personnel he wishes he had. Fangio did a good job adjusting for the players he did have, calling a defense geared towards the strength of his players.

Agree on all counts.

IMO, our coaches haven't done much to inspire confidence. Last week was better but .............

I think at the half way point we'll be able to get a solid evaluation on JT and his staff.

So far, VERY unimpressive. I was hoping for so much more.

I'm a Baalke guy, BUT he really needs to get guys who can come in an play NOW!

It's VERY smart to draft for the future BUT he get a quick grip on what's happening today.

Phoenix why do you say that? Fangio was the ultimate scheme guy, never varied. For the front 7 anyway.

That's because you haven't taken the time to actually read how they come up with their formulas. I'll give you a couple of examples for QBs. If Eli throws a horses**t bad pass that gets batted around by the DBs and miraculously caught by a WR. Guess what? He doesn't get credited as a good pass even if the stats show it as a completed pass because no skill was involved on behalf of Eli. Another one is when Eli threw a horses**t pass that hit the DB in the hands and the DB drops it. Guess what, Eli still gets dinged for the crappy pass that should have been intercepted, whether the stats show it as just an incomplete pass. I'm obviously paraphrasing these from the top of my head but you should get the idea.

I'll give you one more example, let's say the play Ward got beat on, when his WR dropped a well thrown ball that hit him in the hands. Ward still got beat and gets dinged for the bad coverage because luck helped him there, not skill so he doesn't get credit for "luck". Also the QB doesn't deserve to be totally dinged for the incomplete pass because he did his job and delivered it on time and in his hands. It's details like that that makes them the most respected metrics in the business.

Oh, if you're curious, Tank Carradine is rated the 142 best Interior Defensive Lineman in the league by PFF. I can see people arguing their guy should be a couple of spots higher and the metrics were probably "off". But when your guy is 142 spots lower then the best guys, guess what, your guy sucks. Just the facts.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
will you guys stop it with that PFF already!!

such a bunch of stats that makes me wanna fart..

just use and trust your own eyes, they are the one that would never lie to you..
Smh.

http://ninerfans.com/why-49ers-de-tank-carradine-may-be-released-or-traded/
Originally posted by MasterBlaster:
Oh, if you're curious, Tank Carradine is rated the 142 best Interior Defensive Lineman in the league by PFF. I can see people arguing their guy should be a couple of spots higher and the metrics were probably "off". But when your guy is 142 spots lower then the best guys, guess what, your guy sucks. Just the facts.

True but I bet if he gets more snaps he will be a better pass rusher than dial or Dorsey and he can probably hold up in the run.

WHO RUN BARTERTOWN????
Originally posted by elguapo:
True but I bet if he gets more snaps he will be a better pass rusher than dial or Dorsey and he can probably hold up in the run.

WHO RUN BARTERTOWN????

I also dont understand why Dial and Dorsey are playing passing downs yikes neither has the speed. Tank needs to be used more and more. Dorsey is a run stuffer and not a pass rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone