There are 207 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
The more I think about this Tank pick, the more I wish we'd got DE Marcgus Hunt from SMU.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The more I think about this Tank pick, the more I wish we'd got DE Marcgus Hunt from SMU.

you haven't even seen him play yet
When the tank is ready, our D will be awesomeR
Not concerned at all...the front office clearly knew what was up and planned for this. They got tremendous value in rounds where guys shouldn't be available because our roster is so damn deep we can afford to red shirt these guys and have them heal the right way. We have the luxury of not forcing them back early and shortening their careers.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]

u cray

Sure, he would have been great, which is why Cincy is putting him through remedial work to teach him how to actually play DE, maybe by the time he's 30 he'll be ready to go.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

nothing wrong with hunt, he was a good player and a solid pick
hunt would be the defensive version of jenkins. am much much much happier with tank
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
hunt would be the defensive version of jenkins. am much much much happier with tank

Pretty much this. Carradine is far more ready to contribute while Hunt will remain a work in progress for awhile.
He undoubtedly tweaked or re-tore his ACL trying to perform for the combine. He was mostly healed up by then and 4 months later he's far from returning? Nothing anyone's logic is going to do to convince me of otherwise. Lol

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bdub2588:
He undoubtedly tweaked or re-tore his ACL trying to perform for the combine. He was mostly healed up by then and 4 months later he's far from returning? Nothing anyone's logic is going to do to convince me of otherwise. Lol

many teams believe he has chronic knee problems like Dequan Bowers.

I'm fine with him taking the time he needs to recover, before that injury he was a Top 15 lock. He'll be a good player down the road for the 49ers. It would help if Dial were to become available sooner rather than later though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm fine with him taking the time he needs to recover, before that injury he was a Top 15 lock. He'll be a good player down the road for the 49ers. It would help if Dial were to become available sooner rather than later though.

How funny, ask and you shall receive...MM put up an article/video about them today. Sounds like both will end up red-shirted along with Lattimore this year. And like you guys pointed out, the silver lining is that we, right now, have the freedom to red shirt all these guys.
Originally posted by NCommand:
How funny, ask and you shall receive...MM put up an article/video about them today. Sounds like both will end up red-shirted along with Lattimore this year. And like you guys pointed out, the silver lining is that we, right now, have the freedom to red shirt all these guys.

They believe the NFL is a developmental league. They are on record saying as much
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
They believe the NFL is a developmental league. They are on record saying as much

I'll say!
Share 49ersWebzone