There are 157 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I have this great feeling that Carradine comes out of his Tank this Thanksgiving game..

Because of the fact that he's been on the bench for the last 9 weeks, I think that he's got the fresh energy and will keep chasing Russell all evening long..

I say he comes out of his Tank and this game w/3 SACKS!!

oh, and for the record, not to disrespect you opinion @ NINERSICKNESS... I doubt that Lynch will be drafted of KALIL MACK even if Baalke and Harbaugh had to choose between the two..

NO WAY!!!

TanksGiving.

And you may be right about Kalil Mack. Mack has been great (and I thought he'd be just ok). But w/ the importance of pass rushers, I could see Lynch being more coveted.

Isn't Lynch tied with another rookie for the league lead in Sacks? If so, who is the other rookie? I would think he'd go at least at the draft order where the other rookie went? If the other rookie's place in the draft was higher than Lynch's.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
49ers are misusing Tank. He's not a DT, he's and Edge Pass rusher. he's better at 275lbs not 295. he's been virtually invisible the last couple weeks he's played.

Well other than the GIF where Tank was doubled and fell on his azz, I think he did fine. I didn't see him being overpowered. I did see him be hesitant in his reads. I did see him make some D Line penetrations. But I don't think he's a bust or anything like that. I think he'll be a good player for us. I think the guy who is invisible is Lemon-yay. I hope he comes back strong in the offseason and develops a bull rush, because if he develops a counter move to his speed rush - I think he can be as good as Brooks or better.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Well other than the GIF where Tank was doubled and fell on his azz, I think he did fine. I didn't see him being overpowered. I did see him be hesitant in his reads. I did see him make some D Line penetrations. But I don't think he's a bust or anything like that. I think he'll be a good player for us. I think the guy who is invisible is Lemon-yay. I hope he comes back strong in the offseason and develops a bull rush, because if he develops a counter move to his speed rush - I think he can be as good as Brooks or better.
For Lemonier to be better than Brooks he has to improve in instinct and anticipation. More importantly he has to develop more core strength and ferocity in his play. The first two things improve oftentimes with snaps played but the last two things come with strength training and mindset. Lemonier seems like a very nice polite guy but in the NFCW you need to be ferocious!
Isn't Lynch tied with another rookie for the league lead in Sacks? If so, who is the other rookie? I would think he'd go at least at the draft order where the other rookie went? If the other rookie's place in the draft was higher than Lynch's.

Aaron Donald has 5 sacks; Lynch & Barr have 4. But Lynch has had, by far, the fewest snaps of those players (I'm petty sure). Lynch also has some passes batted down, and he had a sack taken from him because Eric Reid fell into RGIII with his helmet; otherwise he'd have 5.

I don't see any reason why Lynch wouldn't be taken ahead of Barr, and one could make an argument he's a more valuable piece than Kalil Mack. JMHO.

So Tank not living up to Aaron Lynch standards is not an indictment. Tank's more of a Ray Macdonald IMO. Injury concerns early; playing a new position; smaller & needs to grow into his bulk like Ray has.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The problem with Clueless Tank is that he's not comfy with the 3-4 D..

He played Wide End at FSU and is used to rushing the passer against an OT on a space..

the minute he got to SF, he saw himself lining up next to a beefy DT/NT and an OLB.. he then can not used his moves and his speed, and he's not strong enuff to BULL RUSH on every down.. that's why he gets man-handled in the middle of the pack..

He's a big and athletic 280 lbs DE, but he's not a Justin Smith Strong 290 DL.
I predict him slipping a blocker then taking down that midget or skittles down.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I have this great feeling that Carradine comes out of his Tank this Thanksgiving game..

Because of the fact that he's been on the bench for the last 9 weeks, I think that he's got the fresh energy and will keep chasing Russell all evening long..

I say he comes out of his Tank and this game w/3 SACKS!!

oh, and for the record, not to disrespect you opinion @ NINERSICKNESS... I doubt that Lynch will be drafted of KALIL MACK even if Baalke and Harbaugh had to choose between the two..

NO WAY!!!

Agree but he still goes in the top ten. He gets to sign a contract before Mack will and will cost less. He is the prototype at olb
slowly but surely he will part of the rotation ...fangio will know when he is ready for more snaps ....hopefully he makes a couple of plays tomorrow
Is it possible they are just taking it slow because he's coming off such a serious injury? That and he probably is play solid, but not good enough to "rush him back" into fooseball.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
For Lemonier to be better than Brooks he has to improve in instinct and anticipation. More importantly he has to develop more core strength and ferocity in his play. The first two things improve oftentimes with snaps played but the last two things come with strength training and mindset. Lemonier seems like a very nice polite guy but in the NFCW you need to be ferocious!

Agree. Ferocious and strong. He hasn't shown a bull rush and I'm wondering *why.* I think a bull rush is the perfect counter-move to his speed rush. (In addition to an inside rush move too, BTW) point is I hope he thinks he's not cuttable because he was drafted and approaches this next offseason with some gusto and be a brand new player next year. In fact he should be showing his stuff in the few reps he gets. I hope and pray he isn't a bust - and I think Tomsula will make sure of that - because I think he does have the talent to be as good or better than Brooks.

Tank Carradine is and should be used as Chris Clemons 2.0, a Very Decent Wide Rush defensive end!! Tank is Not a DT/3/4 end. He's a 4/3 Wide end. Use him right or waste his talents. Dude can play thank god. I seen that proof in the preseason.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is it possible they are just taking it slow because he's coming off such a serious injury? That and he probably is play solid, but not good enough to "rush him back" into fooseball.

That may be a factor, but being in re-hab is not a piece of cake. In addition, the Fangio pattern matching zone blitz defense is not a simple defense to learn. Back to Re-hab. I don't think he had a chance to study a lot of film and be with the coaches during re-hab. (Keep in mind, I am clueless in the re-hab area). When he was in the game, I saw a lot of hesitation. Even when it was nickel and clearly all he had to do was shoot the gaps and gunk up the blocking assignments, he hesitated. From my eyes, it's obvious he's still thinking out there, and from my perspective until he becomes instinctive, he won't be productive. He'll be a good goal line defender, but I think his speed and quickness will only come into being when those instincts kick in through more reps.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That may be a factor, but being in re-hab is not a piece of cake. In addition, the Fangio pattern matching zone blitz defense is not a simple defense to learn. Back to Re-hab. I don't think he had a chance to study a lot of film and be with the coaches during re-hab. (Keep in mind, I am clueless in the re-hab area). When he was in the game, I saw a lot of hesitation. Even when it was nickel and clearly all he had to do was shoot the gaps and gunk up the blocking assignments, he hesitated. From my eyes, it's obvious he's still thinking out there, and from my perspective until he becomes instinctive, he won't be productive. He'll be a good goal line defender, but I think his speed and quickness will only come into being when those instincts kick in through more reps.

Typical zone response he sucks if he's not an all pro. Guy has to be a high level starter to be good. Plenty of talent to do that.
Tank Carradine is and should be used as Chris Clemons 2.0, a Very Decent Wide Rush defensive end!! Tank is Not a DT/3/4 end. He's a 4/3 Wide end. Use him right or waste his talents. Dude can play thank god. I seen that proof in the preseason.

This

truth
Share 49ersWebzone