• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Tomsula's rock HORD!

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Tomsula's rock HORD!

Tomsula's rock HORD!

sooo hott
Another excellent pick! There's something to be said about d-linemen who have great feet and long arms which seems to be what Baalke goes for especially going by the Aldon Smith pick that no one saw coming. From the youtube clips, it looks like he has that extra burst to close in on a QB or HB and hand movement to be able to shed blockers. Hopefully he can gain another 10-15 lbs of muscle, learn from Justin Smith, and be able to take over that weakside DE spot. Just needs some go to pass rush moves that can hopefully be coached up.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Tomsula's rock HORD!

sooo hott

Lol kind of looks like him
This will end up being our best pick of the draft. I think Ray McDonald should be worrying about his job.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This will end up being our best pick of the draft. I think Ray McDonald should be worrying about his job.

he will replace Justin not RayMac
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I figure this is as good a place as any to drop my scouting report on him. Based off of 3 or 4 games of his on Youtube.I tried to be as critical as possible and not be swayed by my preexisting man-crush.
----
Has a great motor, works himself back into the play even when he's beat initially. Can run across the field and run down plays from behind. Keeps his eyes on the play and can locate the ball, weave his way through the trash and make the tackle.

Doesn't get fooled easily by misdirection, or play-fakes and usually knows where the ball is. He needs to get better at recognizing when to stay back and be cautious and when to be aggressive, but that comes with game experience, practice, and film study.

Can occasionally get too passive at times and wait for the play to come to him instead of going to the play.

Hold's the point of attack well but has struggles disengaging from blocks in time to make the tackle on the RB immediately. Allows the RB to gain a couple extra yards even though he was in good position because he can't get his hands free soon enough.

Tried to beat the tackle around the edge and ends up taking a too wide an angle because he's not a speed rusher who can bend real well. That's not his game. He does have a very nice swim move but could use a better array of moves. He's much better when bull rushing where he can use his strength and long arms.

Overall, he boasts the size, strength athleticism and smarts to be a dominant 3-4 DE for us in time. He's raw and will need to develop, but he's got the right guys to learn from.

This. A huge plus is that he's always trying to identify where the ball is and where the play is going, even when fully blocked, he always seems to end up heading in the right direction towards the ball carrier.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I LOVE THIS PICK

So does Tomsula

@JedYork "Wish you could listen to Jimmy T talking to our newest Niner. Fired up doesn't begin to describe either side of the phone"

I love coach T. This may be his last year with us. Guy deserves to be a DC.
does Carradine know Kung Fu?

• thl408
He looks better than Bjoern Werner. Plus Tank played mostly RE.
This guy gonna be bawse

[ Edited by DatNyjerSireez on Apr 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM ]
I feel so much better about this pick knowing he's gonna be a down lineman. I didn't think he was as successful as an edge rusher in college, despite his obvious talent (yes, I know his stats were pretty good)
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

he will replace Justin not RayMac

I think he will be good enough to play both sides and spell RayMac also. IMO
Check out the first time we play a 4 man front, Tank with his hand in the dirt and Aldon wandering around as the Elephant man behind LOS. All 5 guys go at once and
"Puff"...the Qb disappears. Just kidding, I know he is there to spell justin or others, but this is just an outstanding pick as long as his knee is okay.
Share 49ersWebzone